As promised, the RKSL Christmas tradition continues,  Here's the second release.

RKSL Studios presents the Official Port of our Foxhound LPPV.

The Ocelot Foxhound LPPV was specifically designed to meet the UK MoD’s £200m LPPV programme requirements and replace the Snatch Land Rovers in use with the army. The Snatch Land Rovers have been criticised for their inability to provide protection against IEDs and roadside bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The LPPV programme’s objective was to have 400 light protected patrol vehicles production ready by 2010.

The UK MoD purchased two Ocelot Foxhound vehicles for testing in April 2010. The invitation to tender (ITT) was issued in May 2010. In September 2010, the Ocelot Foxhound LPPV was selected under the programme against the contender Supacat and NP Aerospace consortium’s SPV400. An initial £180m order for 200 Ocelot Foxhound vehicles was made through urgent operational requirements (UOR) process in November 2010

In December 2011 a further 100 Ocelot Foxhounds were ordered as part of a £400m package of protected vehicles and Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) technology for British Forces in Afghanistan. The contract was finalised in June 2012. The UK MoD also plans to acquire additional 25 vehicles at a cost of £30m.

ArmA2 to ArmA3

This is an improved port of the original A2 release into the A3 game engine.  The model itself is largely unchanged with some minor edits to add features and fix some old material bugs.  This version also supports some of the newer A3 features such as texture customisation.

20171225131713_1.jpg.32634b026c5c07a72a7

20171225132117_1.jpg.41ed1ecfecafc0019f3

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

You may:
DISTRIBUTION: You may distribute the original .PBO files within this download freely, so long as the PBO files are unmodified and the Readme and EULA files are included.

Under the following conditions:

• ATTRIBUTION: You must give the original author credit. The content of this archive is the sole intellectual property of RKSL Studios and its Creators.
  • NO COMMERCIAL USE: This content is provided free of charge solely for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.
  • NO DERIVATIVE WORKS: You shall in no way modify, repackage or reverse engineer any of the archive's content and PBO files included in this download without first receiving prior permission from RKSL Studios.
  • NO VBS USE: Use of this SOFTWARE may not be used in the VBS/JCOVE product lines or any other simulator without written authorization from the LICENSOR (RKSL Studios)
  • DO NOT UPLOAD OR RE-UPLOAD TO STEAM WORKSHOP: You may not upload to Steam Workshop or any other service that reassigns rights over RKSL Studios Intellectual Property to 3rd Parties.

FULL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT: Common A3 RKSL Studios EULA [Click to read more].
POLICY ON RE-UPLOADS FOR STEAM: Any uploads will be met with a DMCA takedown request [Click to read more].
FULL DOCUMENTATION: Foxhound LPPV v3.100[Click to read more].

ADDON FEATURES

• MRAP capability
  • 2x GPMG
  • Thermal Imaging all around Cameras
  • Thermal Image Reversing Camera
  • Turn In/Turn Out on the turrets
  • 3x Skins
    • Desert Tan
    • NATO Green
    • United Nations

A WORD ABOUT REALISM

We strive to make all our addons as realistic as the game engine and our own capabilities allow.  This means that real world speeds and capabilities are simulated where possible.  Compromises have and will be made where necessary but we will not downscale or completely cripple an aircraft, system or weapon to fit into the limited spaces some ArmA maps provide.

1.  GPMG Iron sights - When I asked an RAF Regiment Gunner (that spent 3 tours on the Foxhound) how easy was it to use the iron sights on the Foxhound he replied, "Nearly impossible, the pivot system doesn't let you in most angles unless you are very tall and can twist yourself in knots."  When I asked him how he aimed he replied, "That's what tracers are for".  
  2. Engine Power - The current engine/physx setup approximates the real world power.  ArmA simply cannot simulate the range of the real world gearbox.  Simply put these are not as fast as the vanilla ArmA MRAPS but they are easier to use at patrol speeds.

20171225132155_1.jpg.992ecd1740852f7c5a9

COMMUNITY COMPATIBILITY

It has always been a basic tenant of RKSL Studios design philosophy not to negatively affect other community made content.  We do not replace core values or modify anything that will affect the function or experience of others.

We are happy to discuss optional compatibility patches, but will not exclusively adapt our addons to anyone elses Mod standards. 

All RKSL Content is tested against the currently available stable build of the Vanilla game and official expansions.

HISTORY

Only milestones are mentioned.

Key: Normal = Development build    Bold = Testing Build or Public Release

• 3.100 - PUBLIC RELEASE
  • 3.059 - Numerous Fixes
  • 3.052 - Limited Release to Friends
  • 3.050 - DAR-V Build #9
  • 3.044 - Stable internal Test
  • 3.039 - Revert to earlier turret build
  • 3.031 - Tweaks
  • 3.030 - Numerous Fixes
  • 3.029 - Turnin/out option added (Huuuge mistake)
  • 3.028 - Test Release
  • 3.026 - Damper damage drama.
  • 3.025 - Revert to modified MRAP01 torque and gearbox settings as its gutless going up hills
  • 3.024 - PreRelease Testing - limited circle
  • 3.023 - Revert to previous value.
  • 3.019 - Refinements.
    • Engine values - real world attempt #3048
  • 3.018 - Private Test Build
  • 3.015 - Refinements.
    • New Normals map
  • 3.014 - Refinements.
    • Upscale bake
    • new smdi
    • new rvmats
  • 3.014 - Refinements.
    • MRAP01 gearbox
  • 3.010 - AI Testing build
    • fixes to view and fire geos.
  • 3.008 - Refinements.
    • PhysX changes
    • new gearbox
  • 3.007 - DAR-V Play build
  • 3.003 - Internal Test build
  • 3.002 - Improvement build
    • Added internal screens
    • New rvmats
  • 3.001 - Initial ArmA3 build
    • Added PhysX
  • 2.05BETA - ArmA2 main release
  • 2.04BETA - Internal prerelease build

KNOWN ISSUES

All known issues are recorded in the Foxhound Bug Tracker. If you find any problems please report them and help make these addons better.

Foxhound BUG TRACKER

CREDITS

This addons and model is 100% unique and doesn't not incorporate any 3rd party content:

• Model: Messiah ex UKF & RKSL
  • Textures: Messiah ex UKF & RKSL
  • Turret Animation Setup: Da12thMonkey
  • Config: Rock
  • Testing:
    • Jamo [4IB] - Out of the 20 or so people to test hes the only one to post bugs.  Thanks!
    • The lads of DAR-V
    • Fuller of Task Force 316
    • Mathias aka ToxicLemon
  • Research & Information
    • British Army Website
    • Ministy of Defence Images
    • Ministry of Defence - Defence Equiment and Support - DeSider magazine
    • Phil, Chris & Paul RAF Regiment, Honington

Thanks

Rock

Dec 25th 2017

MIRRORS:

1. @RKSL Studios - DOWNLOADS Page
  2. @Steam Workshop - Foxhound LPPV

QUICK NOTE:  About Steam Workshop reuploads. We will remove any re-uploaded content.  If you don't know there is a tool that crawls the Steam Workshop and matches files so even if you upload it for "Private/clan use" we will find it and we will issue a DMCA Take down request.  Instead, Just create a Collection and save us all the trouble.

• Like 26

Very cool. Thanks to all involved and Happy holidays!

Wow! Is there anymore room under tree? Nice releases! Thanks for your hard work and this and your other projects.

Merry Christmas!

Another great one!! Enjoy the holidays dude!!

Congrats on the release! Good to see more BAF vehicles rolling off the community production line.

well the commander head movement is very limited, the GPMG is missing the rounds loading into the chamber animation and the spent brass animation. I hope that helps 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J. McMerry said:

well the commander head movement is very limited, the GPMG is missing the rounds loading into the chamber animation and the spent brass animation. I hope that helps 

Not sure what you mean about the Commander head movement?  When I get in the commanders seat i have no problem looking around?

Ive added the ammo animation issue to the Bugtracker though.

Had a look with Commander head movement with @Jamo 4IB and found Is the Dev build had the issue,reverted back to main branch and It was sorted.

Just now, J. McMerry said:

Had a look with Commander head movement with @Jamo 4IB and found Is the Dev build had the issue,reverted back to main branch and It was sorted.

Thanks 

I was WATCHING!!!    Woooooohhooo Big brother lives!  :f:

Nice! Thank you for your work! Happy New year!

Foxhounds floating slightly off the ground, not sure if you've already been told. Becomes more apparent the further you are away from it.

Also, any chance you intend on adding the side netting to the vehicle in the future? 

xub0uVZ.jpg

2 hours ago, Flynn375 said:

Foxhounds floating slightly off the ground, not sure if you've already been told. Becomes more apparent the further you are away from it.

Also, any chance you intend on adding the side netting to the vehicle in the future? 

I'm aware of the "float".  This varies a lot depending on your graphics settings.  Everytime i fix it someone complains that its sunk in the ground or floating above it. :)  The trick is finding the happy medium.  I'll re-add it to the bug list for the testers to check.

I will admit there is some bug/screw up with the physx/damper setup that maybe linked to this.  Shoot the wheels out and you will see what i mean.

As for netting,  I had a setup that included the netting and a lot of accessories.  It was dropped from the Christmas release due to the bugs it brought in.  But its something I would like to sort out.  And the biggest problem with it was creating a convincing texture that didn't look shite.

On another note: - check twitter or facebook for mini updates.

Edited by rksl-rock
Thought this was the discussion thread - my bad.
  • Like 5

sisu GTP armoured vehicle https://imgur.com/a/LfLbB6F

Sisu GTP caused a slight sensation in the Latvian Defense Forces comparative tests. In most of its parts, it weighs the high-tech products developed by hard-hit crises, Israel, Turkey, South Africa, the equivalent of specialty armored vehicles

Not the same vehicle their @amon1, the foxhound from the Ocelot family of vehicles

Oh yes I know, not far to make a model

1 hour ago, amon1 said:

Oh yes I know, not far to make a model

Sorry but its a lot further than you'd think.  :)

I'm sticking with the Foxhounds for now.  There are lots of fixes and improvements to come yet as well.

just to chime in rock is correct it is mostly about personal graphic settings as the vehicle sits firmly on the ground for me.

also personally rock its good to see you stil active in the community from the OFP days 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Issue with engine sounds - there is no background idle sound at all, so when engine is on and vehicle is static it's very odd (at least from the exterior, cannot recall interior and I've now closed ArmA).

Issue with PIP render targets - when I initially place vehicle and get in as driver, the top wingmirror on the left side of the vehicle does not display a PIP render target as it should. The display above the steering wheel functions normally (engine on -> 4 separate views). When I get out of the vehicle, and then get back in, the wingmirror on the top left works correctly, but one of the render targets on the screen above the steering wheen (seemingly random which one it is) stops working.

Issue with gunner standing position/animations - Image1 Image2 Image3

Gunner has no reload animation for GPMG

7 hours ago, beazley said:

Issue with engine sounds - there is no background idle sound at all, so when engine is on and vehicle is static it's very odd (at least from the exterior, cannot recall interior and I've now closed ArmA).

Issue with PIP render targets - when I initially place vehicle and get in as driver, the top wingmirror on the left side of the vehicle does not display a PIP render target as it should. The display above the steering wheel functions normally (engine on -> 4 separate views). When I get out of the vehicle, and then get back in, the wingmirror on the top left works correctly, but one of the render targets on the screen above the steering wheen (seemingly random which one it is) stops working.

Issue with gunner standing position/animations - Image1 Image2 Image3

Gunner has no reload animation for GPMG

Thanks for the post. If you care to read the thread and bug tracker everything you have noted is a known issue.    I've just not gotten around to all the fixes yet.  Its been a very busy 9 months.

• The PIP issue is down to the max number of PIP screens in the vehicle.  I believe the actual max allowed is 12.  There are something like 20 in the current model.  I've removed and consolidated some of them but it does mean reduced functionality for non-drivers.
  • Gunner proxy issue is a bit odd.  its caused by the turn in/out feature which I've never liked.  But it was requested and as yet i've not found a practical solution to make it work properly.
  • Reload anims were left out so i could release on time but also because the character anims were causing rpt errors.  Dravven was supposed to be making the revised custom anims for them but vanished a week before the deadline.  I've not seen him since.

Most of these are fixed on the dev version i have. Its just messy.  I'll hopefully get around to cleaning up the remaining fixes soon ish.  A lot depends on work and real life.

• Like 2

On 04/09/2018 at 11:34 AM, rksl-rock said:

Thanks for the post. If you care to read the thread and bug tracker everything you have noted is a known issue.    I've just not gotten around to all the fixes yet.  Its been a very busy 9 months.

Congratulations!

My apologies; the bug tracker link must have got lost for me in amongst all of that text (it's sandwiched between two lists). For me, the biggest two 'mersion breaking bugs are the lack of background engine sound and the position of the gunners.

Ta Rock.

• Like 1