rksl-rock

RKSL Studios: Watchkeeper WK450 Tactical UAV

Well its Christmas, and barring the last few years, its always been an RKSL Studios tradition to release new addons at Christmas.  He's the first of this years escapees.

RKSL Studios presents the WK450 Watchkeeper 450 Remotely Piloted Air System.

20171107052608_1.jpg.9a2d946688b1f12dacf16c7001930122.jpg

The Watchkeeper WK450 is a Remotely Piloted Air System (RPAS) for all weather, intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition, and reconnaissance (ISTAR) use by the British Army. 

It has a mass of 450 kg, a typical endurance of 17 hours, a payload capacity of 150 kg and uses a rotary Wankel engine. It can operate up to 150 km from the Ground Control Station (although multiple stations can be linked to extend the range). It was originally intended to enter service in June 2010, but years of delays, technical issues, hardware modifications, difficulties in training sufficient pilots and incidents means that it is not expected to be fully operational until late 2017.

20171107081212_1.jpg.126007246dfbf64b4d7

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

You may:
DISTRIBUTION: You may distribute the original .PBO files within this download freely, so long as the PBO files are unmodified and the Readme and EULA files are included.

Under the following conditions:

• ATTRIBUTION: You must give the original author credit. The content of this archive is the sole intellectual property of RKSL Studios and its Creators.
  • NO COMMERCIAL USE: This content is provided free of charge solely for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.
  • NO DERIVATIVE WORKS: You shall in no way modify, repackage or reverse engineer any of the archive's content and PBO files included in this download without first receiving prior permission from RKSL Studios.
  • NO VBS USE: Use of this SOFTWARE may not be used in the VBS/JCOVE product lines or any other simulator without written authorization from the LICENSOR (RKSL Studios)
  • DO NOT UPLOAD OR RE-UPLOAD TO STEAM WORKSHOP: You may not upload to Steam Workshop or any other service that reassigns rights over RKSL Studios Intellectual Property to 3rd Parties.

FULL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT: Common A3 RKSL Studios EULA [Click to read more].
POLICY ON RE-UPLOADS FOR STEAMAny uploads will be met with a DMCA takedown request [Click to read more].
FULL DOCUMENTATIONWK450 Watchkeeper v3.101[Click to read more].

ADDON FEATURES

• The Watchkeeper IS UNARMED
  • It does not even have Countermeasures.

Planned Future Features

• Ground Control Station - placeable 20ft ISO container unit - intended for future use.
  • Transport Container - placeable 20ft ISO container unit - intended for future use.
  • MAGIC-ATOLS - Microwave And GPS Integrated Cooperative - Automatic TakeOff and Landing System - Deployable runway using BIS carrier technology Intended for future development.
  • Dismountable from support vehicles.

KNOWN ISSUES

All known issues are recorded in the WK450 Bug Tracker. If you find any problems please report them and help make these addons better.

WK450 Watchkeeper BUG TRACKER

Credits

This addons and model is 100% unique and doesnt not incorporate any 3rd party content:
Model: Rock
Textures: Rock
Config: Rock
Testing:

• The lads of DAR-V
  • Fuller of Task Force 316
  • Mathias aka ToxicLemon

Research & Information

• British Army Website
  • Ministry of Defence Images
  • Ministry of Defence - Defence Equipment and Support - DeSider magazine
  • Phil, Julian & Marc of Royal Artillery. (Great info on the use of H450 and WK450 in Afghanistan - Some declassified pics and great banter.)
  • Francois P of Thales (Very supportive, lots of pointers on where to look for reference.)
  • Ari of Elbit (Forgotten his last name - met at a tradeshow and he was enormously helpful.)

Thanks

Rock

Dec 24th 2017

MIRRORS:

1.  @RKSL Studios - DOWNLOADS Page
  2. @Steam Workshop

QUICK NOTE:  About Steam Workshop reuploads. We will remove any re-uploaded content.  If you don't know there is a tool that crawls the Steam Workshop and matches files so even if you upload it for "Private/clan use" we will find it and we will issue a DMCA Take down request.  Instead, Just create a Collection and save us all the trouble.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Cheers boss, hope you and yours have a good christmas.

• Like 1

Great job Rock, as usual. 

Looking forward to some future releases. May actually get be back into ARMA with some new British content :)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, p_siddy said:

May actually get be back into ARMA with some new British content :)

I will watch the forums for your application again ;p

Finally got a chance to play around with this Rock. Nice job!

Just a thought, is it possible to slave the radar to the camera's azimuth as opposed to always facing 12 o' clock of the aircraft itself? I'm assuming it is still an Air & Ground radar and as such could be quite cool that things you see (or don't see) register on the radar?

5 hours ago, p_siddy said:

Finally got a chance to play around with this Rock. Nice job!

Just a thought, is it possible to slave the radar to the camera's azimuth as opposed to always facing 12 o' clock of the aircraft itself? I'm assuming it is still an Air & Ground radar and as such could be quite cool that things you see (or don't see) register on the radar?

Actually the Radar is linked to the roll.  If you watch carefully you will see it move.

25 minutes ago, p_siddy said:

Bug added to the tracker.

Thanks, i've replied.  Its related to the PhysX setup on the wheels.  I'm still looking for a fix.

I thought it could be the same as what you'd posted. Albeit it doesn't seem to roll in the editor as you state on your bug report. At least for me it doesn't.

• Like 1

Rock, I have tested your system out for a couple of days now and must say I'm impressed with the detail you have put in, I am a qualified Watchkeeper Pilot and I'd be happy to give you anymore information (security cleared obviously)  you require on the system that may be of use to you, let me know if you need any help

• Like 3

On 15/01/2018 at 3:38 PM, Alex Sidebottom said:

Rock, I have tested your system out for a couple of days now and must say I'm impressed with the detail you have put in, I am a qualified Watchkeeper Pilot and I'd be happy to give you anymore information (security cleared obviously)  you require on the system that may be of use to you, let me know if you need any help

This is who I told you about Rock. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, p_siddy said:

This is who I told you about Rock. 

You and Jamo both.  :)

@Alex Sidebottom - Thanks for the compliment,  I'd love to have a chat one night.  Maybe we can get you on the RKSL TS one night with Jamo to talk about new features.

Apologies for the late reply Rock, i haven't been getting any notifications

• Like 1