NAVAL EXPANSION MOD
By CTFRaven

Hello all! I would like to present to you the sum of all my projects thus far and their end goal. 

Throughout my modding career, I have dreamed of creating big vehicles and environments that challenge the player and create a sense of adventure! While this is no map mod, It certainly does all of the aforementioned!

What does this mod do?

This mod is designed to fill holes inside the Arma3 engine in regards to weapon systems, Ship systems, AI pathfinding, as well as other things the developers decided to look the other way on. It will also include my two ships, as well as 3 additional ships that will showcase all of these systems to their fullest. 

Features include but are not limited to:

Scripts:

Full SONAR package including passive, active, and remote capabilities.
      Active and passive Torpedo package that work while flying, while submerged or surfaced
      Depth-charge Package - so you can put a stop to your silent hunters.
      Surface locking Anti-radar missile compatibility package - so you can actually lock and shoot the ships!

Surface artillery computer package - so the ship will actually hit its target on the move

AI package - so they'll stop running in circles...

Submarine compatibility package - so your submarines will actually dive and surface.

Weapons:

A package of standard NATO and CSAT weapons will be included:
          -MK-48 light torpedo - both air-launched and surface launched.

-CSAT-esque torpedo
          -AGM/RGM/UGM-84 Harpoon missile - with Radar locking and tracking
          -3M-54 Kalibr  SSM (missile)

-OTO Melara 76 mm DP gun - with SR version

-Fajr-27 76mm DP gun

-MK110 57mm DP gun

Vehicles:

3 Corvette-class vessels  - including limited anti-ship and anti-sub capabilities   (CSAT, NATO, and IND)

2 Frigate-class vessels     - including asymetric anti-ship and anti-sub capabilities (CSAT and NATO)

1 Light Submarine             - including great anti-ship capability (CSAT)

Since this is an expansion, I've left most of the scripts all inclusive, which means that if you want to use these functions you are more than welcome to. I will also release the source files of my Demise operations vessel fully integrated into the system, along with a detailed PDF of how the systems work and how to utilize them. This expansion is also meant to be simple to understand from a dev's perspective, while remaining advanced and immersive to the player.

Special thanks to (so far):

rksl-rock - for collaborating with me

AusSnipe73 - for letting me peek in the source files, and for some models

-cheers!

Edited by CTFRaven
  • Like 13

Oh hell yeah dude! This sounds awesome and I can't wait to see what it all looks like!

Here are some sneak-peak images of the NATO frigate corvette (any idea what to name it?) 

The weapons are placeholders, with better quality models to come

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yCFNHWr1WFiW0UgM2 (google album link)

-cheers

Edited by CTFRaven
  • Like 2

cool i like it 

i propose : leviathan , or Poseidon 

hhh or Carthage God Of War Anath hh 

Hmm, the Endurance? Argossy? Providence? Either way, looks great dude!

Best of luck, as we all know Arma is seriously lacking in the naval department.

Do you think that once this mod is finished you could create some Zeus Fire Support Modules similar to the 155mm Artillery Shell that is similar to the ordinance that the ships will fire against land targets such as a 5 inch gun round (133mm) Tomahawk missile, etc?

• Like 2

On 2017-12-26 at 12:58 PM, CPT J. Shaw said:

Best of luck, as we all know Arma is seriously lacking in the naval department.

Do you think that once this mod is finished you could create some Zeus Fire Support Modules similar to the 155mm Artillery Shell that is similar to the ordinance that the ships will fire against land targets such as a 5 inch gun round (133mm) Tomahawk missile, etc?

I really like those ideas. I think they also wouldn't be too hard to accomplish with what I have already, but I'll have to do some feasibility tests before I can say it's a probable feature. I wouldn't want to promise more than I can accomplish :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2