Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

100 reasons why ofp will survive longer than cs

The Grizzly bears would win......ah ....um sorry, that was an old thread flashback.

No seriously:

- Vehicles

- No bunny hopping

- no "Health meter"

- 1337 h4x0r5 are an endangered species

- all the quality user missions/mods coming out'

-The sheer size of the maps

-The continued support from BIS

I'll let someone else continue

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Dec. 02 2002,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Grizzly bears would win......ah ....um sorry, that was an old thread flashback.

No seriously:

- Vehicles

- No bunny hopping

- no "Health meter"

- 1337 h4x0r5 are an endangered species

- all the quality user missions/mods coming out'

-The sheer size of the maps

-The continued support from BIS

I'll let someone else continue<span id='postcolor'>

here are my contributions.

- one day we will all be older than 13

- it is like with a Rolex, there are so many copies out there you would be stupid to stick to the original

- fashion trends come and go, but milestones remain!

- OFP fosters creativity, CS fosters ...?

- who wants to hang out with teenies, who wants to be beaten by a teenie?

- Everon is a perfect tourism destination, CS maps are a hell for claustrophobic!

confused.gif ehm...

You can do alot more in flashpoint, like...

Airborne insertions, and, well, I don't like CS anyway... smile.gif

CS and OFP are both good games, it depends on what your looking for.

If I ever want to screw around and fight people I play CS.

If I ever want to pretend I'm in a war and have some realism, I play OFP.

OFP probably won't last as long, at least not for everyone. Sure, the diehard fans will always play it, but more people like when games have amazing graphics, are fairly easy, etc. I will play OFP until I get bored, or maybe when a new OFP comes out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Dec. 02 2002,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Grizzly bears would win......ah ....um sorry, that was an old thread flashback.<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMAO! I REMEMBER THAT THREAD! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

But for the record, the grizzly bears would lose. mad.gif

Well if they manage to let OFP2 handle movement in buildings like CS (or more HL) does then CS goes out the window smile.gif But its like TV sometimes you just enjoy stupid entertainment (atleast thats what CS means to me) smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Dec. 02 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- one day we will all be older than 13<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, I'd like to expand on that by saying that OFP is for more mature if not older gamers... and in the next years there will be a lot more adults looking for PC entertainment than kids. Since there are always more adults and PC's will likely be used by most of them as time goes on.

OFP simply has more to offer

Well I won't stop playing ofp cause it's the only game that I know off wich is able to simulate a complete mechanised war. CS is pure special forces stuff, and for that, I'd rather have GR. tounge.gif

I agree. I think GR and Raven Shield both take CS's spot as small-time tactical combat, and even if they didn't exist, CS still sucks with all teh "l337 h4x0r5" that play in it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 03 2002,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Dec. 02 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- one day we will all be older than 13<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, I'd like to expand on that by saying that OFP is for more mature if not older gamers... and in the next years there will be a lot more adults looking for PC entertainment than kids.  Since there are always more adults and PC's will likely be used by most of them as time goes on.

OFP simply has more to offer<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif LOL....Hell, I turned 32 last month,...and I am an OFP junkie.

I must say however, that I enjoy playing around with user made addons, modifying them, ect., and making up my own scenarios ...much more than I ejoy playing the official missions.

I also got turned off of online MP games a long time ago when I tried to play SpecOps online...I found that idiots would just sit where they knew your charachter was going to spawn, and just blow you away immediately.

I havent tried since then...have things gotten better?

madmedic, it really depends what server you play on, and what game it is. When I play Raven Shield online, I always diconnect from servers where there is not teamwork. If you get on a good server with serious players, it is very, very fun.

Hey, I am 13. I really don't think it's the 13 year olds ruining games, it's the even younger people, such as 10 year olds, who jsut got on their brother's or dad's PC.

[brag]Then again, I suppose I am an exception, it's not every day when you see a 13 year old who makes mods, tells other people much older than him how to import stuff into OFP, etc. [/brag]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 02 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">madmedic, it really depends what server you play on, and what game it is. When I play Raven Shield online, I always diconnect from servers where there is not teamwork. If you get on a good server with serious players, it is very, very fun.

Hey, I am 13. I really don't think it's the 13 year olds ruining games, it's the even younger people, such as 10 year olds, who jsut got on their brother's or dad's PC.

[brag]Then again, I suppose I am an exception, it's not every day when you see a 13 year old who makes mods, tells other people much older than him how to import stuff into OFP, etc. [/brag]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I think you are an exception...

@ madmedic, things have gotten much better in OFP MP... spawn killing as it's called is not tolerated on good servers.

I am also 13 so watch your mouth oldie!!tounge.gif

OFP will remain around longer than CS for the simple fact, games like CS are published all the time, whereas, there is no alternative to OFP (The first person who says BF1942 is a contender to OFP DIES)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Dec. 02 2002,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am also 13 so watch your mouth oldie!!tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif You are all exceptions... no but on average, older gamers in OFP.

but at the same time theres a lot of older ppl playing CS jsut theres a hell of a lot of annoying little kids too with the few exceptions.

A better way of comparing it would be to say will OFP last as long as HL does because their both the base games for mods.

When i think of CS updates they usually made the game even worse where as the new updates for OFP usually fix and add things most of the time smile.gif

Ugh, BF1942 is a craptastic game. It's so unrealistic, it's like saying Pong is a realistic representation of Ping Pong or Tennis. I once played BF1942 at my friends house, man this game sucks. I jumped onto an enemy tank and killed the machine-gunner with my knife, after stabbing him several times in the head! I crashed a Sherman into a flagpost and the Sherman exploded. I fired a Thompson at an oncoming Zero and made him explode, etc, etc.  biggrin.gif

I think OFP will live longer than CS because we have a great community. Also OFP has the widest variety of units and capability.

Now if we could get a couple things (like more than one gunners and better advertising) i think we could crush CS. But keep in mind that CS comes in and out of style. Last year the kids at my school would call you a "Fa*" if you didnt play it. Now kids dont even care about it.

I love it cause it´s so open for editing and atmosphere.

You can do almost everything with the editor and that will keep it always interesting. Furthermore MP experience is great when team is well setup and willing to play tactical.

Frankly, I don't think it's a fair comparison. It's like comparing IL-2 to Microsoft Flight Simulator, where the only thing they have in common is they both use planes.

CS is good if you just wanna get online, find a server quick, and start killing people. Kinda like an advanced UT.

OFP on the other hand, is more of a strategic simulation that is mostly played online amongst people that all either know each other offline, or know each other from previous sessions and yes, generally 30+ years of age.

Bottom line: CS is closer to a simulation than UT and the like, placing heavy emphasis on tactics, whereas OFP is more oriented to higher level strategy (strategy being the factors that bring two or more forces TO a battlefield, tactical being the actual battle in progress).

A more fair comparison would be CS to MP SOFII. OFP doesn't really have any direct competition at this point unless you compare it solely on the campaign mode (which I have never even played - doh), and this is NOT it's dominant strength.