Sign in to follow this  
munger

Eden editor delay / lag when selecting multiple units

Hello.

Recently I have noticed really bad lag when selecting or moving multiple units in the Eden editor. This happens whenever I drag a selection box around lots of units at once, either in map or 3d. It also happens when dragging lots of units at once to a different part of the map. 

With a single unit the lag is minor but when selecting many (e.g. 20) I get a screen freeze for 20-30 seconds until they all become highlighted and editable again.

I am using a lot of mods but the issue is the same when running stock vanilla. I have also tried dev branch and non-dev branch. Non-dev seems slightly faster but there's not much in it.

It's been a while since I played Arma 3 but I never used to have this problem. In the past selection and movement of units in the editor was basically instant.

I should add that apart from this issue Arma runs very smoothly for me, so it isn't caused by an under-spec system. My settings are all mostly on max.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or perhaps someone knows what causes it?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I've seen several people complain about this and I have it happen as well. Must come about from a recent change.

Even if BI wants to fix it, with the holidays we're weeks away from anything being done.

• Like 1