IvosH_cz

WARMACHINE - Game mode - SP/Coop/PvP

I want to congratulate IvosH_cz and any other War Machine dev... the mission is amazing and runs like a dream.

No other mission this complex involving so many autonomous Ai runs this well.

So this mission is a testament to the amazing things good coders and mission makers can do!

• Thanks 2

Thank You LSValmont for this kind words. I'm so glad to hear it .

• Like 1

UPDATE 2.17 - 23.4.2019
Fixed script error for "Full spectrum warfare".
Removed transport helicopter combat support.
"Autonomous AI: Enabled, add vehicles" added more vehicle types for spawned vehicles.

• Like 1

US troops advance towards Neaville, Wermacht is decided to stop the enemy at all cost.
WARMACHINE Neaville is here. Good luck soldier.

D6PI2GEXsAIuz28.jpg

• Like 2

WARMACHINE Neaville WW2 gameplay

Update 26.1.2020
Player respawns automaticaly with the GPS (minimap)
In night, player and AI respawns automaticaly with the NVG night vision goggles.
GPS and NVG are not used for the IFA3 (WW2 mod)
Added WARMACHINE RHSPKL - USAF vs. AFRF
Changed files: onPlayerRespawn.sqf, start.sqf, cfgFunctions.hpp, fn_equipment.sqf, fn_respawnEH.sqf, fn_launcherFix.sqf

Thanks for this. My first game was using WARMACHINE El Alamein - GER vs UK. Everything went great apart from support including helicopter support. I assumed some WW2 appropriate plane would show up but got an actual heli ! I don't know if this because I had Faces of War mod loaded when I started the game. I should probably try it with that turned off.

Another thing. I had autonomous AI activated but respawned vehicles were never manned by other AI controlled squads. There were some squads running around the map, but very few vehicles apart from the one's I got my squad members to jump into. I saw a single manned German APC but that was it and could see all the German vehicles sitting at their base unused.

Otherwise Warmachine is just great ! I've tried WW2 stuff in A3 before but always went back to Forgotten Hope mod (Battlefield 2). This is going to be a game changer for me as well as providing my PvE game play on other maps and mods. Warmachine is very fast. I did not notice any slow downs but I was not doing any kid of benchmarking. However everything was running ~55fps on my Intel 4690k, AMD R9 380, SSD system.

:yay:

EDIT:

OK I fixed the vehicle thing. Of course I just had to turn on AI using vehicles in the mission generator.

One thing I'm still having problems with is something I've had happen in some other AI only games out there. The AI rushes ahead and captures everything and the game is over far too fast. Is there any way to have other AI units under my command, in high command for example ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @MichaelZFreeman and thank you for the feedback.

Support heli for the WW2 scenarios is a mistake made in the last patch. (i think)

About AI using vehicles I would like to rework the AI scripts to improve it.

For too fast game, try to disable "ticket bleed" or increase amount of the "Respawn tickets"

High command is not available, but you can use ZEUS.

• Like 1

Just checking to see of these have all been added to the download for dedicated servers? Thanks.

24 minutes ago, RumberO said:

where can I download this mission

See the reply above yours.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harzach said:

See the reply above yours.

Yeah @Harzach I've subscribed to this mission but I can't see the file mission. Sorry for my ignorance. Thank you.

It's a multiplayer mission at its core, so you need to start a server. You can do this with no difficulty:

1. From the main menu, select MULTIPLAYER  >  SERVER BROWSER
  2. From the server browser, select HOST SERVER  >  set HOST to LAN  >  select HOST SERVER
  3. From the CREATE GAME menu, select the relevant terrain  >   select the WARMACHINE mission  >  select PLAY

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

It's a multiplayer mission at its core, so you need to start a server. You can do this with no difficulty:

1. From the main menu, select MULTIPLAYER  >  SERVER BROWSER
  2. From the server browser, select HOST SERVER  >  set HOST to LAN  >  select HOST SERVER
  3. From the CREATE GAME menu, select the relevant terrain  >   select the WARMACHINE mission  >  select PLAY

Yes, I did it and now I got a file called mission.pbo in C:\Users\TRKI\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\RumberO\Saved\steamMPMission\WARMACHINE%20Tobruk.iron_excelsior_tobruk, now I'm trying to put it in a DS to use it with IFA3 + CUPs terrain -core mods.

Is this the correct way to use it in a DS?

Thank you so much. @Harzach

Edited by RumberO
mispelled words

1 hour ago, RumberO said:

Yes, I did it and now I got a file called mission.pbo in C:\Users\TRKI\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\RumberO\Saved\steamMPMission\WARMACHINE%20Tobruk.iron_excelsior_tobruk, now I'm trying to put it in a DS to use it with IFA3 + CUPs terrain -core mods.

Is this the correct way to use it in a DS?

Thank you so much. @Harzach

Now testing the mission/map thank you very much for this work @IvosH_cz