Use of the counter-battery radar can be automated on vehicle INIT.  Add the following to make the counter-battery radar automatically issue counter-fire orders to any available battery:

this execVM "pook_Arty_c\scripts\CBActivate.sqf"

If you do NOT add this, the default is "report-only" mode.  A marker will be placed on the map.

• Like 2

The mod is just fantastic, adds so much variety to the game. I have two question. Should the radar be in the player group to get messages about enemy artillery in the area? And will it spot artillery fire if it's triggered by other mods like Hetman fire for effect mod? Thank you 

The reporting is per SIDE.

All supported artillery will be reported, including CUP, RHS, VME PLA, AceX, BIS Vanilla, and of course those in this mod.

If there are other mods w/ different artillery configs, I'll be glad to add them.

Good day hcpookie!

I tried as you explained in this example:

On 8/22/2020 at 5:53 AM, hcpookie said:

Use of the counter-battery radar can be automated on vehicle INIT.  Add the following to make the counter-battery radar automatically issue counter-fire orders to any available battery:

this execVM "pook_Arty_c\scripts\CBActivate.sqf"

If you do NOT add this, the default is "report-only" mode.  A marker will be placed on the map.

And i noticed that in engage mode the arty works ok but when this code is not applied on unit there no marker shows on the map and no audio report coming. I need my 1B75 to only report me the targets location and provide audio report like in engage mode. Is there any way how to do it? Thank you 

Another small update!

Added support for:

• CWR3 mod
  • CSLA DLC
  • Global Mobilization DLC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Update:

- New:  2S34 "Hosta" 120 mm self-propelled mortar system

• Like 3

Unable to download the addons from steam, the following error is displayed:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1312457117

Lo sentimos.

Se ha producido un error mientras se procesaba la solicitud:
Este artículo está marcado como oculto o no estás autorizado a verlo.

Visibility is still "public" so I don't know what to say.  Sounds like Steam being Steam again.

Please see my SAM pack for the S-400.

27 minutes ago, lukaszk1987 said:

Yes, I use your addon s-400 is great, even mods a little into arma 3 such things as planes or tanks. I wanted to make the s 400 with a car but it is too complicated for me now, I have this model I have this model. Maybe you could help me do it for arma 3 ?? if you had time 🙂 https://ibb.co/chT6yK1

Did that come from the WIC Modern Warfare mod? It looks almost identical.

23 hours ago, lukaszk1987 said:

honestly, I have no idea about each one I got it in a package with a su-75 plane from a friend 🙂 And if it is so is it a bad model?  

If it has the same functionality as in the WIC mod, it's probably completely unsuited for Arma. There's no suspension or animation of the wheels outside of turning at a set speed, for instance. There's certainly no articulation on the trailer. It'd need a ton of work to get it up and running most likely

22 hours ago, lukaszk1987 said:

all animations and speed are done in cfg model already in arma. It's not that the animations are transferred from other games, they are made in the arma for a given model 🙂

Well, you can tell how many models I've exported lol, I stand corrected!

On 3/23/2022 at 5:08 PM, lukaszk1987 said:

a few, and is it important ?? we are not talking about how many people did what, I just asked hcpookie if he would help me

No, I was just commenting on my lack of experience with it causing me to make dumb assumptions lol

I have no time to work on new Arma models at this time.

Regardless, porting models from other games is not permitted.

update:

• NEW: 2S7-M 203mm SP Artillery Vehicle
    • Also supported in ARTY function
  • FIX: 2S34 editor preview pics
  • Like 1

Thank you for the hard work hcpookie, much appreciated.

Checked out your artillery and SAM packs few times, unfortunately haven't got around to add them into any actual missions yet (or create brand new ones), but hopefully soon.

Small update - published fix for popup errors.  Thanks to Snake Man for documenting them!

• Like 2

Just SteamCMD updated pook_ARTY and pook_ARTY_CUP addons, tested with few small testing missions and all arma3 in-game error popup's are gone.

Good job on the fix, nicely done.

• Like 1

Another small update:

• FIX: Gunner getin/getout positions on several vehicles
  • FIX: Gunner compartments settings for several vehicles
  • IMPROVED: Expanded Field Manual information and instructions
  • Like 1

Also, since it seems people cannot RTFM, you must use the 'PREPARE' user action when attempting to make SCUD, ISKANDER, ISKANDER-K, or K-300 missile artillery units to fire!  This must be done BEFORE the Artillery Computer is used.  This is required for the vehicle launcher animations to work properly and cannot be bypassed!

• Like 1

Thank you for the continued work on hcpookie artillery pack, gotta love the big guns 🙂

I noticed that for some reason the BIS "vehicle in vehicle" action doesn't align the M77, resulting in the M777 possibly sticking out the side of the plane!  I have updated the load script to attempt an alignment before loading in the carrier vehicle... experimental as the "static cannon" appears to follow its own logic!  Hopefully this won't make things worse...

Update time!  Last update (hopefully) for a very long time...

• FIX: Damage textures on some vehicles
  • FIX: Missing mirror textures on some vehicles
  • FIX: Getin/Getout problems on some vehicles
  • IMPROVED: Added HUD weapon console displays to wheeled vehicles
  • NEW: Caesar 8x8 155mm SP Artillery system

Let's see if I can add this image...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1822280889685367252/099B6D89EC25B7F94832A90B05140FE98A8FCDF3/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It seems to me that the arty shells and MLRS missiles  all have strange ballistics or maybe aiming camera broken. I tried to aim manually and noticed that the aiming camera (mode when you change the height barell) does not match the direction of the  arty  or MLRS barells.  

For example, the target is exactly ahead of me, but to hit - the smerch barells  must be directed 25 degrees to the left of the target. This is all considering that the target is 900 meters away and the height difference is 2-3 meters...