There is a problem when the vehicles are ordered to fire rockets. The vehicles launch the rockets in front of the vehicle at a distance close to them, so the soldiers die from the time of the squadron

You have to call them via artillery.  AI are pretty dumb and will shoot any artillery piece like an AT rocket unless you call them via arty.  So you'll have to configure all the bits and pieces the AI needs to run them as arty.  The "doArtilleryFire" command can be used to make them fire as artillery.

Also, I didn't really point out the fire mission functions in detail... you can view them in the Functions Viewer but I will insert a description in this thread.

For the SCUD try this in a trigger:

_launch = [player] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_SCUDMISSION

EDIT:  I just edited the first post w/ the instructions for configuring the SCUD fire mission.  Get your Forward Observers to work!  :)

• Like 2

Hello hcpookie,

Using the artillery mod with the "Fire For Effect: The God Of War" mod, I found that the angle of the artillery tube does not rise enough and therefore falls short.

I've also tried it with this script:

and the same thing happens.

Any idea what can happen?

un saludo y gracias por el addon

Atomicboy

• Thanks 1

Hello Hcpookie

using the artillery mod with artilleria module he angle of the artillery tube does not rise enough and therefore falls short.

Atomicboy

19 hours ago, AtomicBoy said:

Hello hcpookie,

Using the artillery mod with the "Fire For Effect: The God Of War" mod, I found that the angle of the artillery tube does not rise enough and therefore falls short.

I've also tried it with this script:

and the same thing happens.

Any idea what can happen?

Atomicboy

Posting your quoted question again, two posts later, is generally seen in a negative light. 
Pookie probably has some real life issues that he is dealing with and will get back to you at his convenience.

Hi.

I am only reporting something that I have detected, according to the tests I have done, grouped in a single post, so as not to disperse the information. It may also be that something I am doing wrong

Sorry if I upset someone.

Of course I do not expect a quick response. I also know that there is life beyond ARMA 3  :dontgetit:

Atomicboy

You can ask over and over but it won't get an answer any faster.  RealLife is what it is.

Look above your post for a description of the doArtilleryFire command exactly as described in that thread that you quoted.  There is no shortcut for this.  (*edit - if there IS a shortcut I don't know it!)

For the SCUD, read the appended first post for the SCUD firemission function.  I will consider adding more fire mission scripts in the future for the tube artillery.

• Like 2

hcpookie,

thank you for the answer. but...

not you understand me

The problem is the ANGLE of the CANYON when de IA Fire, it does not rise enough and the shot is short. 

(El problema es el ANGULO del CAÑON del ADDON, no se eleva lo suficiente y el disparo queda corto)

Un saludo.

Atomicboy

I hope there will be a tutorial video for how to use the ammo script and remote launch.

A wonderful mod , thanks alot!

hello hcpookie.
This is a very beautiful and perfect mod.
Please add the following items.
for BM-30 Smerch :

for TOS-1 :
add thermobaric weapon
tankyou

Hi hcpookie,

the addon does not work correctly when used with the "doArtilleryFire" instruction or module artilery of ARMA3. The shot falls short because the ATP cannon does not raise enough.

with the Arma3 artillery computer if it works correctly.

Please, check the addon.

BR.

AtomicBoy.

Hello, hcpookie

Big thanks for the mod. Really great.

I have some questions, please answer if you have a time.

• When your are going to update it? And what changes are upcoming?
  • How AI can launch Iskander and  SCUD missiles without player's participant? For example, RHS's Tochka-U has commands this dotarget "target1"; this dofire "target1" - and it shoots "target1" via waypoint or trigger.
  • Can you make ballistic and cruise missiles shootable by your SAM units? It will make battles much more exiting!

To be clear the doArtilleryFire command is how I tested them all.  In the editor.  You set a marker/target/whatever and have the arty piece fire at it with that command.  That's how Arma arty works, unfortunately.  The command is a little tricky as you have to know some of the class names, but the config viewer will let you see those. 

Or sync them to the arty module, which requires some extra work. 

As I said I am working on Fire Mission scripts to let the other arty types be used in a scripted fashion.  No ETA.

Edit to add - it seems I have made a mistake and landed in Version Hell.  The version I uploaded appears to be missing some config settings that are on my "dev" version.  For that, I apologize - Mea Culpa!  :down:

I am making the corrections to the "release" version and have uploaded the fixes (ver. 1.1).

The good news is that the new Fire Mission script seems to work pretty well for the standard artillery vehicles!  Fire Missions for Rocket and Iskander vehicles will be postponed as I need to upload this fix ASAP.

• Like 1

Uploading new version 1.1 to Steam now... OneDrive should be updated shortly.

Version 1.1:

FIX:
 - AI gunners ignoring artilleryFire commands
 - some vehicles tipping over when firing main cannon

NEW:
 - Cannon artillery fire mission function (works with 2S19, 2S1, 2S3, 2S5, A222, and TOS-1A artillery units)

TO-DO:

- 9K720 Iskander fire mission
 - Rocket Artillery fire mission
 - reload ammo crates
 - reload vehicles

To use the new arty function:  Same as SCUD function, but new function name:  "pook_ARTY_fnc_ARTYMISSION"

So for the editor etc use this syntax:

_arty = [player] spawn pook_ARTY_fnc_ARTYMISSION

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Full description of the ARTYMISSION function I didn't have time to document last night:

/********* pook_ARTY Standard Cannon Artillery AI Fire Mission Function **************************************************

Initiates player-requested artillery fire mission for friendly AI-controlled arty units. Can be scripted for mission-
driven artillery support fire missions by "real" units on the battlefield... making such things as counter-artillery 
strike missions a reality.  Consider a scripted mission with enemy AI calling in artillery strikes and you and your SF
squad is tasked with finding and neutralizing the artillery units!  

Function currently supports 2S19, 2S1, 2S3, 2S5, A-222, and TOS-1A artillery units.  Other units may be added in the future.

Author: hcpookie

Arguments:
==========
	0: The player calling the mission
	1: FUTURE: The artillery ammo type being requested (default = HE is only supported at present; others may be added in the future)
	2: OPTIONAL: Range (in km) to check for friendly launchers (OPTIONAL: default = 20)

USAGE:
======
1. Place AI unit via editor, or spawn within mission.

2. Either "addAction" for desired ammo type to a Commander/Spotter/Radio operator, etc. Note
   that the ammo type values are CASE-SENSITIVE!  The only currently supported type is "HE"

HE:
	----
	this addAction ["Arty Mission", {[this, "HE", 20] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_ARTYMISSION},,1,false,true];
	 - or -
	this addAction ["Arty Mission", {[this] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_ARTYMISSION},,1,false,true];

... Or via trigger/script:

_arty = [player] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_ARTYMISSION;
		(or)
	_arty = [this, "HE"] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_ARTYMISSION;

3. OPTIONAL: The third input parameter defines the search radius to seek friendly AI artillery units. 
   Default search is 20km.  This can be adjusted to accommodate multiple launchers in the same mission.

4. AI gunner will fire a spotter smoke round, and within 45 seconds will begin the main HE artillery barrage.

5. AI will fire a random amount of artillery, anywhere between 3-8 rounds.

6. Script will only select stationary, friendly AI units, in range, with available ammo.  

7. Moving vehicles, those in transit, etc. are ignored.

RETURN:
=======
 - AI will send sideRadio and sideChat notices confirming fire mission or reporting status if 
   out of ammo, or no friendly Artillery units are in the area (default 20km zone).

NOTES:
======
 - Cannot be used for human-controlled launchers.
 - Fire Mission command cannot be aborted!
 - The artillery in the mod is calibrated to Real World values, and can launch anywhere between 1-40km 
   depending on specific unit's capabilities.
 - Time on Target may vary greatly depending on distance, and specific unit reload times which are adjusted
   according to Real World values.

*****************************************************************************************************/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Preparing for the next update...

Fire mission script for all SRBM launchers is working like a charm.  2x 9M720, 4x 9M720P, or 2x S800 all launch correctly.  I'm working on a script for the rocket artillery which doesn't want to seem to work w/ any of the scripts.  When I figure out that problem, along with any additional corrections as yet unreported, the update should be ready... for now:

FIX:
 - Missing FAE explosion effect
 - 2S19 damage RVMAT
 - Missing radio sounds
 - Wrong lights on Scud; 2S5

IMPROVED:
 - 9K58 Turret elevation limit

NEW:
 - K-300P "Bastion-P" ASM/SSM
 - SRBM Fire Mission function, supporting AI-controlled 9K720, 9K720-K, and K-300P launchers

K300_P.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Identified and fixed a bug that was preventing 9K58, 4K51, and 3K60 from correctly working with artillery commands.

- Artillery support script now supports groups; units in an artillery group that is selected by the fire mission will all fire at the target.

- Added CUP BM-21 to artillery support script.

TO-DO:

- Fix A-222 muzzle effect position

- Refine artillery support script to take longer pauses in-between actions.

- Add Rocket Artillery to Fire Mission script(s)

- Add reload vehicle(s)

Are there any other issues which have not been mentioned yet?  Don't assume I know about it... I can only fix the issues I know about :)

• Like 1

Are there any other issues which have not been mentioned yet?  

Initiates player-requested artillery fire mission for friendly AI-controlled arty units.

1.Does this addon have trigger-requested artillery fire mission for AI units? 

2. Can 4K51 'Rubezh' Coastal Missile Artillery and 3K60 'Bal' Coastal Missile Artillery attack ships by long range self-guidance missiles? Now these weapons works like an arty.

Can I ask for a AMOS -system that actually work?  Seems to fit in this sort of pack. The Spaag AA-system will be adding a protective suite to the Arty-pack in themselves,if added.

Btw,will C-RAM be able to kill incomming rounds?

v.Next rapidly approaching.  Confirming the new arty fire mission functions work with CUP, VME_PLA, and RHS mods... going to make a standalone version for the PLA mod of course  ;)  What you see here is the "Group" function doing its thing.  3-8 rounds PER UNIT on target.  This should let mission planners make better use of on-map arty units.  And of course give the other side a fair chance to attack those arty units depending on how the mission is planned out.  One could make a MP-specific "side mission" (thinking Evolution maps) where you have to find and eliminate the enemy arty unit.  Or have a SF or even air strike on the arty group.

Arty_Test_PLA.jpg