This would make the scud init with the missile prepped and ready to launch:

[this,'PREP'] execVM "\pook_ARTY\scripts\SCUD.sqf"; [this,'HE'] execVM "\pook_ARTY\scripts\SCUD.sqf";

You must use the SCUDMISSION function to make it launch remotely.

• Like 1

IMPROVED: 

Support for CBRN and respirator masks to minimize radiation damage to players!
- A combination of supported respirator mask and CBRN suit will negate fallout damage.
- The unit must be wearing the mask/suit! Simply carrying in inventory will not reduce damage!
- CBRN suits without a supported respirator halve damage to "man" units.
- Supported respirator masks will halve damage to "man" units.

This function currently supports:

CBRN/respirator masks:
--------------------------
- Contact DLC (BIS)

- Global Mobalization DLC
https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma3-global-mobilization

- Hidden Identity Pack
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24936

- FAP Units
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30706

- CBRN Defense Units (Mr. Skellingtons CBRN Defense Units)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31920

- JSHK Contamination Gear (branch of Skellingtons CBRN)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=35106

- Avon FM12 Respirator Pack
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31901

CBRN suits:
---------------
- Contact DLC (BIS)

- CBRN Defense Units (Mr. Skellingtons CBRN Defense Units)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31920

- JSHK Contamination Gear (branch of Skellingtons CBRN)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=35106

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm using a trigger to launch a SCUD at a grid location and it launches just fine. But once it's in the air, I get the errors linked below. I've also put my "on activation" command below. Is this error from something that I'm doing wrong?

https://ibb.co/QF9Qp9V

https://ibb.co/PhDwNRp

_launch = [gun1, "HE", 1, [074,096,0]] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_SCUDMISSION;

Fixed!  Thanks for pointing this out.

40 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Fixed!  Thanks for pointing this out.

Thank you very much the errors are now gone. But the splash location for the scud is now showing in the lower corner at 0,0,0 location. Do I have my cords in the command wrong?

no, it will report that sometimes.  It should normally report real map coordinates unless they are "out of bounds".  I will review the inputs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

no, it will report that sometimes.  It should normally report real map coordinates unless they are "out of bounds".  I will review the inputs

I was wondering if it was reporting one location but flying towards another. So I followed it with the camera for awhile and it sure looked like it was going towards the 0,0 location. But to be honest, I didn't follow it completely, it was about halfway there and I just stopped.

I just confirmed that you need to ensure the coordinates are accurate.  You can use the in-game GPS or use a hint to "getpos" a position.  Those coordinates above on Tanoa end up in the ocean near 0,0.   For example new "Tanouka" the coordinates would be:  8963,10307.  I think this can be shortened to 089,103.

17 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

I just confirmed that you need to ensure the coordinates are accurate.  You can use the in-game GPS or use a hint to "getpos" a position.  Those coordinates above on Tanoa end up in the ocean near 0,0.   For example new "Tanouka" the coordinates would be:  8963,10307.  I think this can be shortened to 089,103.

You are correct once I switched it up to a 10 digit gird all was good. Thank you very much for all your help!!

Update:

• FIX: 9K72 SCUD unit name
  • IMPROVED: Increased faction coverage
  • NEW: M-777 155mm Towed Howitzer
  • NEW: BGM-109 land-based tactical cruise missile vertical-launch system

M777.jpg     BGM-VLS.jpg     M777-RACS.jpg

• Like 10

Forgot to mention that the towed artillery... can be towed 🙂  Uses LESH towing mod.  While it can be towed as deployed, using the "Pack" user action makes for a more immersive experience...

M777towed.jpg

The tow position needs to be tweaked slightly.  Also, I've animated the wheels to roll but apparently when the LESH towing mod is used, the wheel animations are ignored.

• Like 4

Small update:

• Improved M777 Vehicle-in-Vehicle positioning.  now the HEMTT flatbed can carry it.
  • Fixed 'invincible gunner' in M777
  • Like 4

How do I use the BGM-109 land-based tactical cruise missile vertical-launch system?  A tablet?  Something else?

I would have said "very carefully" but that works 🙂

Small update - just fixed some missing editor preview pics.  Also getting reports of some people having issues with certain arty missions and I am starting to wonder if there may be a mod conflict somewhere.  If someone IS having arty problems, please describe in detail and let me know what mods are running so I can try to narrow it down.  At present everything is working OK in my tests.

• Like 1

FIX: Urugan (Hurricane) 9K57 and 9K57-M turret animations
FIX: TOS-1A driver and gunner views
FIX: 2S5 driver and commander views
IMPROVED: Reduced all CEP (spread) values at longer range settings
IMPROVED: Added FIREMISSION support for CUP "technical" and RM-70 artillery
IMPROVED: 2S5 gunner animation
IMPROVED: Wheeled vehicles' physx behavior

• Like 3

IMPROVED: Added support for RHS 2S1 SP Arty

I am also researching the laser-guided arty.  Not sure if I can add that to a fire mission request, but I think I can.  I still need to test because I've read of others having issues with laser arty, so I want to be sure it is working good before adding it.

IMPROVED: Spread is now adjusted for different ranges.  The current values may not work well - please leave feedback if the spread is too great.  
NEW: Laser missions are now supported - single-shot laser munitions will be launched and rely on a laser designator for precision target placement. 

Finally got laser munitions to work in the fire mission function!  Use the "LASER" argument to generate a fire mission.  Currently supports vanilla, CUP, and RHS laser munitions.

• Like 1

goodnewseveryone.jpg

I have counter-battery artillery working!  I just got the functions working; the vehicles still need some config and texture updates.  Currently supporting the Russian-produced 1B75 and Ukrainian-produced 1L220UK Counter-Battery Radar systems.  I am looking at the COBRA system as well if I can get the model done.  That will give all sides a "native" counter-battery system.

What is counter-battery artillery?  It is "anti-artillery artillery" 🙂 The radars detect enemy artillery fire, and with relative accuracy can report the enemy artillery positions.

The mod will support both "report-only" and "automatic counter-battery fire" modes, meaning mission planners can have the ability for AI artillery to do the work for them, or leave it up to human players.  The published Real World values are supported for the systems and can be used to issue counter-battery fire missions from any available artillery unit in the area.  This should provide the maximum flexibility and realism for mission planners and unit commanders 🙂

CBR.jpg

Once the models are completed I intend to add this new functionality.  I may wait on the COBRA system for now.  The Ukrainian
1L220UK system will be available to INDEPENDENT and BLUFOR sides due to current geopolitical alignments.  The 1B75 will be available to INDEPENDENT and OPFOR sides.

I am also limiting the counter-battery reports to "damage" ammunition.  Smoke, Illumination, AT, and spotter rounds will not trigger a counter-battery response.  Only HE, laser, and CBU rounds will cause a counter-battery reaction.  Support for currently supported mods will be extended, so CUP, RHS, vanilla BIS, VME PLA, ACEX, pook_AFV, and of course the arty in this mod will all be supported.  Please let me know if there are other arty mods that require support!

Multiple counter-battery radars can be employed in a mission, but they must be alive for the function to work.  A dead radar unit will enable enemy fire to proceed unchecked.

NO ETA yet, but stay tuned... perhaps near the end of the summer...  I'm really excited that I was able to make this work with a relatively "lightweight" set of functions, so MP performance should not be affected.  Fun times!  🙂

• Like 10

Update!  Uploaded to Steam

FIX: Bad vehicle type in NAPA (GUE) SCUD crew
FIX: Stringtable errors
FIX: Editor preview errors
FIX: Missing slingload and cargo load points on vehicles
IMPROVED: ARTYMISSION function type selection is no longer case-sensitive:
 - Now supports: "he", "cbu", "laser", "smoke", "illum", "spot" in addition  to the original strings: "HE", "CBU", "LASER", "SMOKE", "ILLUM", "SPOT"
NEW: Counter-battery radar: 1P75 for OPFOR, INDEPENDENT
NEW: Counter-battery radar: 1L220UK for BLUFOR, INDEPENDENT
NEW: Counter-battery fire mission function
 - Initiated via Counter-Battery radar units
 - Automatic coverage upon counter-battery radar INIT
 - Report-only mode is default (player-configurable)
 - Automated counter-battery engagement for AI artillery can be configured via user action or scripted on CB radar function init
 - See Discussion notes and pook_Arty_fnc_CBInit for details
NEW: Added barrel art to M-777
 - use the setObjectTexture "2" command to customize
 - custom art size needs to be 512 x 64 px
NEW: MLRS (on M983 'HEMTT' Tractor) for BLUFOR, INDEPENDENT w/ 70km range

• Like 4