kupcho

SEED Missions for beginners?

Although I've been playing around in the editor for awhile now, I still end up going back to the forums for help...a lot.

There's one thing I've done that helps me out when I get an idea for a new mission; I've made up "SEED" map missions. One for each of the maps.

These maps contain things like an in game arsenal, weapons that are attached to vehicles, units of different factions with altered loadouts...even some props.

I also made a few that contained help with doing things I didn't (and probably still don't) understand. Things like how to use animations and such.

I just open the seed map, use the things I want in my new mission and delete anything I don't.

To be sure, these are not completed missions...just some things I use often.

Anyway. My reason for this post is in hopes that someone among you elite, awesome, super groovy folks with insane scripting knowledge, could support the idea of making some simple missions that would help folks produce there own.

The missions wouldn't be full blown missions. That would actually defeat the idea. And I'm not asking for your signature script. Just something to illustrate/demonstrate how something can be done;

Do you know how to respawn with your favorite loadout in a multiplayer game? Make a mission that shows how it's done.

How about turning off the Fatigue or sway? PLEASE...write one up and show us how you did it.

Off board artillery...waypoints...settting tasks...saluting soldiers or triggers...

Anything at all. I'm sure there's nothing too basic for a lot of us.

My reason behind this idea, is that the constant swapping between the forum or video tutorial and the editor...copying, pasting, hoping that you get the syntax correct, hoping that the poster even knew what he was talking about...can get insane and frustrating.

I figure that when these seed missions are put out for us to learn from, they will work (at least they should work. Just sayin').

The only real requirement, is that the missions must be available for others to open in their editor. So something that's published to the workshop wouldn't work (I don't know exactly how they should be shared...ideas?).

This way, they have a working bit of editing/scripting that they can either study to learn something or just use it in their own missions as is.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks to any who contribute to the cause.

Edited by kupcho
it wasn't worded right