Sign in to follow this  
rekkless

Shack Tac's "The Game"

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has a mission file or seen a mission on the workshop similar to that of Shack Tac's PVP game mode "The Game"

I assumed there would be a playable version on the workshop that someone made, but I couldn't find a copy.

From what I can tell from the videos, The Game is a role play esc PVP game mode where most of the players are infected with a virus and have a clock that counts down to their death. The only way to extend that timer is to hunt a specific player. A small number of other players Role Play as Police and try to keep the peace.

The mission looks simple enough, that one could make a working version. Only I have no idea how to script the virus and timer.

If anyone has a working copy of the mission or knows of a workshop version you would be my hero. :D I'd love to play this with my group.

• Like 2

What happens if you just kill a random person?
Can you just kill cops?
Do you have to be the one killing your target or is it ok if he just dies?

Do you have to survive for a certain time or be the last man alive?

57 minutes ago, computer said:

What happens if you just kill a random person?
Can you just kill cops?
Do you have to be the one killing your target or is it ok if he just dies?

Do you have to survive for a certain time or be the last man alive?

Its hard to tell all the hard and fast rules as in none of their videos do they explain how it works or the rules of the game. But from what I can tell from watching a few of the videos it goes like this:

The COPS:
The Cops do not have a timer, they are moderately armed, have radios and are tasked with keeping the peace, arresting or killing violent members of the public.

There is a fair amount of role play for this side, as they are over powered compared to the Civ players.

But they can be killed by anyone at any time.

Civ Players:
It is basically a Battle Royale. HOWEVER each player has a timer (I think it is 10 minutes) that counts down from the beginning of the mission. At random another player (lets call them player B) is selected on their GPS and that player must locate and assassinate the other player (B).

When they kill the other player (B) their timer is either reset back to 10 minutes or extra time is added on (kind of like a check point on old school arcade car racing games) and another player (Player C) is then added to their GPS.

New victims are kept adding to the players (A) GPS until he is the last man standing or he is killed.

Now from what I can tell, the Player (B) could also be the target of another player (D, E, F etc.) this is where co-operation and role play come into play. This isn't a death match, free for all it might be in your beneficial interest to temporarily work together with player G for example to take down your mutual target Player B.

Of course this player might just be Trolling you, they might actually have you targeted and are trying to lure you to a quiet place to assassinate you. You never really know.

The game continues until there is only 1 Civ player left and they are declared the winner.

Yes players can just kill Cops, but because players start with only a Pistol. The Cops can be your greatest ally as they have no other role than to protect the Civs from each other. So if you are being ganged up on by two other players a couple of Cops with AK47s might very much come in handy.

I think I have the rules correct.

Anyway I'm looking for a functioning version of this mission if anyone has it or if anyone knows where I could possibly get one from. I'd love to play it with my group.

Merry Christmas :don13:

A COPS Perspective:

• Like 2

On 12/31/2017 at 8:32 PM, CameronMcDonald said:

Probably the best way to describe The Game simply would be “The Ship, Arma style.”

That is a perfect example.

I just wish there was a publicly available mission.