Jump to content
YanYatCheng

game taps out to window screen

Recommended Posts

For these few months, the game always alt-taps itself back to windows screen while i am playing normally, i didn't press any button to cause it, but it's bugging me out while i am flying.

It happens every few minutes or sometimes it will never happen, i usually leave google chrome on, don't know if it affects.

I've searched google and can't find answers, is there any fix to this bug?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YanYatCheng said:

For these few months, the game always alt-taps itself back to windows screen while i am playing normally, i didn't press any button to cause it, but it's bugging me out while i am flying.

It happens every few minutes or sometimes it will never happen, i usually leave google chrome on, don't know if it affects.

I've searched google and can't find answers, is there any fix to this bug?

Are you using a borderless window setting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, fullscreen. I dont even know what Borderless window is and why would i use such thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mirek said:

Nope, fullscreen. I dont even know what Borderless window is and why would i use such thing.

 

Borderless window is a setting in the video settings of arma3. Its like playing in windowed mode, yet in full screen. Which allows you to alt-tab easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, do you have MS Office installed?

 

There is one service that is part of MS Office pack that causes periodically flashing of MS CLI, running some commands, therefore minimizing everything, including running games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I would try observing Windows for some "weird" behaviour right after the game minimizes itself.

 

  • If it happens only in Arma, or also in other games you are playing?
  • What version of Windows is being used?
  • Have you observed flashing of CLI (black console window which flashes for about one second or less)?
  • Notifications bar, it can sometimes minimize games when showing a notification,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or, for example, that you would understand how this can happen. I have a multimedia keyboard. Using some keys, such as controlling the volume of the sound, play a window shortcut on the screen, for animation of the sound level state. Sometimes these windows minimize the game screen. I disabled the animation of windows in the keyboard settings.
Watch what kind of applications you have, can play back similar events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/12/19 at 10:27 PM, XerXesCZ said:

Okay, I would try observing Windows for some "weird" behaviour right after the game minimizes itself.

 

  • If it happens only in Arma, or also in other games you are playing?
  • What version of Windows is being used?
  • Have you observed flashing of CLI (black console window which flashes for about one second or less)?
  • Notifications bar, it can sometimes minimize games when showing a notification,

 

only in ArmA

Windows 7

negative

i don't have that thing on

 

also, thanks for the help, i am still figuring it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same for me when I press enter in debug console (previously, that ran a code) or even in preview (sometimes).

The key setting (in game/editor) should prevent Windows key interaction.

For example, sometimes, in 3den, I have to press ALT key to enable unit/object movement, stuck in altitude setting. I guess the alt+tab, for switching between Eden and another sofware (notepad or else), now is toggling the ALT selection for the setting of the height in 3D. On my mind, this was not the case before 1.68.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how else I can help you here, guys. 

 

I am pretty sure that this must be some kind of isolated problem, not related to Windows itself. I am running heavily-modded A3 on dev branch, and I don't have this problem. It can be some kind of third party software causing this.

 

You can try and post here a snippet of your rpt file right after this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×