PSYKO_nz

is there a better scripting tool? notepad has lost that loving feeling

just a quick and dirty question here, I bet it makes you :face_palm: too

I have tried googling which just threw a million different things at me and I've also tried looking through the forums but haven't found any sticky threads on it or any concise information regarding this, I found all the searches very confusing and don't want to download every program just to find the best one 

I currently use notepad for my .sqf .sqm and .ext editing, is there a better way? a better program? anything? I spent 6 hours looking at notepad today... I don't want to do it again tomorrow and I don't even want to think about how long I've been staring at it since I started editing in A2 haha

please point me in the right direction 

:sorry:

TextView 2 in Poseidon tools. A must! You can view FSM also. You can split screen to compare several versions of files. Correctly updated with new BI commands/functions of Arma III.

• Like 3

What @pierremgi said, poseidon is basically THE editor.

With the cursor inside a scripting command it takes you straight to the commands wiki page when hitting f1,

project/folder management and the ability to create/delete files from inside the editor makes it very flexible.

It's also being maintained and constantly updated by a BI dev.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi

I use TypeSQF, it's really simple and fast. It got syntax highlighting and a really cool syntax checking so you don't need to launch Arma to se a error message.

Read more here.

//J

• Like 1

Notepad ++ .  Iam using it since....???  ever.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

What @pierremgi said, poseidon is basically THE editor.

With the cursor inside a scripting command it takes you straight to the commands wiki page when hitting f1,

project/folder management and the ability to create/delete files from inside the editor makes it very flexible.

It's also being maintained and constantly updated by a BI dev.

Cheers

Don't forget svn integration

I use Poseidon Editor and now more Visual Code Studio with the "Arm Dev" & "SQF Languages" extensions

awesome thank you all so much, I'm starting with Poseidon tools now, I'm really looking forward to exploring it, ill take a long at the others too and find what works best for me, again thank you for your time and expertise, i know it must be frustrating when these simple questions get asked haha

cheers guys and happy scripting

Is there a way to see errors before packing pbo, launching the game with add-on with this poseidonTools?

9 hours ago, PSYKO_nz said:

thank you for your time and expertise, i know it must be frustrating when these simple questions get asked haha

It's not frustrating at all, mate. We all started somewhere.

• Like 1