Professor Death

Professor Death's "The Operators" Arma 3 Graphic Novel Series

Hi, I'm Professor Death and I am into Arma 3 photography. Recently, I came across an idea to create a Arma 3 graphic novel. Well, here you go. Hope you enjoy it.

THE OPERATORS (ISSUE I)

EF0665A4567571C9BE2C1D78598EAF4BC1FCE7C0 EE63C4C9BFE510B7E290D23068C15CA9A32C33BD

A1D7402554A2D6C3EA5AB0229D8201DC190AC22F 643800FB383A4439B6F07C6749CF7D6586040A1C

FD9F1E13C9BF28351AE9D0EDCA1F53B332D71938 A3E5D010BA01E80E52CD8C85DA304CE266E8FA3F

86A26DC9279CCD8D23B221247C7B583AA021A05E C3ABBB1839E64D1CDB26417FA3A7DD77340525EA

B821F3C4A4F77303DC5ED3FC2385EB9E42CBB020 4D90982BA1E1F4A27E9104F4657F584A3977E46A

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

That's Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

xwh1pDUsRFa1V1ThwkFRVw.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think you may get more interest, and support for your stories if they didn't depict American troops murdering combatants that have surrendered, then laughing about it. 

I can see this being very offensive to those who served in the military, and know just how honorable the people are that serve in the US military. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I think you may get more interest, and support for your stories if they didn't depict American troops murdering combatants that have surrendered, then laughing about it. 

I can see this being very offensive to those who served in the military, and know just how honorable the people are that serve in the US military. 

If only one can be all things to all people... I completely understand where you are coming from. I think you are getting the story a bit wrong as well...I also didn't depict murdering surrendered combatants...

If only this project is a social commentary...or a documentary...

and please don't take this as any form of critical art, this is just mindless fun. I mean, I could create a compelling drama/tragedy with dynamic personalities, complex and conflicting motivations, full of political/social/historical references and allegories, and every shades of grey, moral ambiguity of the highest degree...but as I said, this is just a bit of mindless fun...

This graphic novel in no way illustrates my personal views. I am just using the try and true formula of the action/violent movies and stories where the HERO(ES) (nearly invincible, ultra-good) take on evil organizations (faceless goons). Where you talk about how evil the evil organization is, and how bad they are at their job. And where you talk about how wonderful and great the heroes are! Where the heroes mow down the said faceless goons to illustrate how good the heroes are...

of course fiction and the real world are rather different. In the real world you can't be both evil and incompetent. I mean, if you are known to be "evil", it also mean that you are "good" enough to do evil things...

an example of this formula...from Star Wars to Assassin's Creed

even the US Army uses it in its official comic strips, check it out, it is free (if you have an amazon account)

https://www.comixology.com/Americas-Army/comics-series/11254?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

where I also get some my inspirations from

a few pages from it

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

not really realistic isn't...

and an example of a (somewhat) critical commentary on that

https://www.wired.com/2012/07/americas-army-comic-con/ 

the most important of all, please don't judge these for what these are not, if one judges things for what they are not, things will always fail. It is like talking about the morality of video games...I am not saying entertainment and art don't have social or political importance, they do, but sometimes one just want a bit of mindless fun, like Michael Bay or check out "Black Hawks Down". We can always talk about the morality of the glorification of heavily-armed and fit men from a rich and technological country driven by idealistic zeals mowing down hundreds in an impoverished capital of a former colony, neglected by the colonizers, neglected by the rest of the world, devastated by natural disasters in part aided by climate and ecological problems caused by the wealthy industrial states of the world...but we don't, do we? or I can start making our beloved heroes serving in the military into brave unambitious morally good and good at violence people...

always remember, most of my works are bits of mindless fun

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Despite that, regular troops murdering prisoners isn't uncommon, even in the US army. WW2 or Vietnam are well known for that kind of facts.

• Like 1

Absolutely love the comic! I really like the filter you used to make it look like the art style of a comic book. You did it very well and it brings back a lot of memories from when I was young. Please make more of these and keep up the awesome work! :icon_dj:

• Like 2