Marc13Bautista

Any way to disable this burn script of Extended Effects?

My original question from Kenoxite's Extended Effects mod...

Marc: "Can you implement an option to disable the burning script just like GRAA though? I'd give eye candy for every bit of performance."

Kenoxite: "I'll look into it. By now you can already disable it by placing a game logic in the editor and naming it "WW4burnexplo" (without quotation marks). That's the name of the logic used by vanilla WW4 to enable burnt vehicle effects, and the ExtFX script will disable its own version if it finds that logic. But, as I've said, I'll add a new option to disable all this for good."

The option never came and I was left dumbfounded with what he meant by these instructions... I am no scripter whatsoever (I barely touch the mission editor) and have no clue as to how placing this game logic in the editor will disable this burning script game wide (in bis and custom missions/campaigns).

Any help is much appreciated since this script is really eating up my performance with the annoying flames and plethora of smoke that comes after a vehicle's explosion. Heck, I even attempted my hand in trying to edit the "class cfgcloudlets" section but to no avail... If anyone could also help me with editing this section to be as if the "cloudlets" option (in the in-game menu) was ticked off, I'd really appreciate that!

Well after a couple of days with experimenting with the config.cpp, I finally figured out what to do! Just needed to take a look at GRAA since both mods used similar burn scripts and lines (sanc's burn to kenoxite's modified version). Ah that took a while but it was worth it!