k3kz3

Creating own Scenarios like ARMA III?

hey,

i like to create a PvP Scenario like 6vs6 with custom loadout and instant respawn.

can anyone help me to d this with eden editor???

Hello

I created a simple template for you, you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8ovz8u7cqqx7p1/6v6_PvP_Template.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

here is the features it has:

• 3 sec instant respawn
  • access to Virtual Arsenal both sides
  • save and load your loadout 
  • respawn with your loadout
  • cleanup script that removes dead bodies, objects, items, and weapons every 20 seconds 

Test in Mp by hosting the mission, but you will need to take the units in the mission and put them in a location of your choice.

Hope that helps gets you started.

• Like 3

hey Gunter!

very special thanks for helping me out! :)

but i don't know how i implant your template into a mission/MP scenario :x :D
can u tell me how i can use your template? ;)

and... i know... this is not the right place for asking that, but when i create a mission and start the game, no one can join my lobby... idk why :/
UPNP is active, and portforwarding is setted... any ideas? :)

Hi k3kz3 your welcome.

What you will need to do is the following:

1. Redownload the mission its not pbo'd so it will be easier for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8lkgtxtzu9owjf/6v6_PvP_Template.Stratis.zip?dl=0

2. Move the mission to the editor,  to this folder ------> C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Arma 3\missions 

(yes i know its under sp missions but once your done editing it you can export it to MP and it will show up as a pbo in the MP missions folder).

3. Get ingame, go to--------> Arma3 Menu-------> Editor--------> Stratis-------> Open/load mission (located at top left of the editor) ---------> Locate the mission from the list,

click on it and import it, once the mission is imported then open it.

4. Once you have the mission open then move the 12 units to a location of your choice, including the ammo boxes, the ammo boxes will have arsenal connected to them.

5.  After you chose your location, maybe add some sandbags or whatever you want, and then save the mission.

6.  When you save the mission click on save as and name the mission to something you like.

7.  At this point dont export the mission because you will need to go to step 2 locate the folder, and then your missions folder, and transfer

everything but the mission.sqm to your mission.

8.  Once you have done that, then go back to the editor, save, and export it to MP.

9. Test it out ----go to---->MP----host, put in the info, then choose stratis on the left, and the mission on the right, play it, you wont have anyone to fight

but just see how the mission runs,  check out arsenal, and the save, and loadout feature i have in there, as well as the cleanup script.

================

About it.

As for your last question i know nothing of port forwarding, or what could be wrong, sorry cant help you there, best ask

in troubleshooting section or better yet multiplayer section where its more specific to your question.

Any questions or troubles let me know.

Okay i will test it and Tell you when It's done ? But how i implant it to the Argo game on a malden map? 

2 hours ago, k3kz3 said:

But how i implant it to the Argo game on a malden map? 

1. What you do is go back into the editor
  2. bring the units and both ammo boxes together
  3. then draw a box around them, press ctrl C
  4. then go to new (new mission) choose Malden and then press ctrl V where ever you want to paste them, then move them around.

Now remember to follow steps 4-8 above as when your on a new map, you will end having

to save the mission with a new name.

Naming missions

Keep in mind to when naming missions use either the - dash or the under score _ between words, or your mission

folder will have missions with %20 between them.

In the editor when you save a mission to a new name, a new folder will be created, so you will need to do step 7 above and make

sure you locate that new mission on Malden, and then the mission on Stratis, and transfer or copy n paste all the files except the

mission.sqm over to the new mission folder.

okay, i think i understood ;)
i will try all these steps later and inform you when it works.
thank you for all your patience and help!!! :)
when it works, i will be happy!! :DDDD

• Like 1

okay, i've done everything you said.
but i can't load the mission in ARGO. :/

in arma 3 everything works... but in argo when i copy the folder and paste them into ARGO/mpmissions the mission doesnt show..

did i make something wrong???

ohh ok, i renamed the folder: pvp.abel and now i can load them ;)

now i will test again :D

yea it works!!!! :DDDD

thy a lot! :)

also the wapon box works! ;)
so every player can change his loadout before go into a battle XD

nice :P

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, k3kz3 said:

but i can't load the mission in ARGO. :/

I know nothing about Argo, and the setup of it so cant help you there.

38 minutes ago, k3kz3 said:

so every player can change his loadout before go into a battle XD

Yup, remember theres a feature i added, where when your at the arsenal box, after you saved your loadout in arsenal, then scroll your action menu while at the box,

and it should say save loadout, load loadout.

Hit save loadout and the gear,/loadout you have on you will be saved, when you die and respawn you will have what you saved.

If you happen to be around the arsenal box, and want to load your gear without accessing arsenal, then just load your load out.

Performance wise theres a cleanup script too in the mission, the script will delete anything dropped - (weapons, ammo, objects, gear, dead bodies, etc,.) the time

on it is set for 20 sec, if you want to change this then open the mission folder, and open the init.sqf with notepad, you will see a number in there that says 20 towards

the top, make it bigger if you want like 60 for 60sec, or leave it :)

Anyways glad you got everything working, any else you want to do im here every day. Have fun!

As ist said, very special thanks! ☺️ it seems to work with argo! Simply Rename the folder like "blabla" to "blabla.abel" and It Works ;) 

The ammo boxes brings the Player into a menu wehre He can Change his loadout. 

There is only the Function "save loadout But when i Hit space,  the menu opens and i can Change something i Want to. Like Set New weapon, take silencer etc. 

Your reply and the template helps me a lot! 

Only my Network issue must be corrected then i can Play pvp TDM (:

• Like 1

hey :D
can u tell me how i can disable that the player respawns direcly on the point where hes dead? ;)
and... maybe... that i can plant respawn east and west points and the player can choose where he will spawn?

like i am blue so i can choose between respawn_east1-6 you know? :P
i dont know the order and how i am editing this.

thx :D

hey Gunter ;)

i am editing a new map/mission like the old one...

but i got another question maybe you can help me again? :)

i try to let them players choose were they could spawn. like.: respawn east and west 1-6.

it works, when i let them spawn like. player 1 gets respawn 1 and when he dies respawned there again.

but i like to change it to he could choose by himself witch of them points he wanted to use for respawn.

any ideas how i could implant this feature? in TDM theres a spectator screen, and u can see the points and choose one of them.

this is what i want :P

and the other point what i try to realize is... that a player has unlimited lives.

at this point, at the start it gives 6times blue and 6 times red players.

if one dies. only 5 are left to use...

i wanted to make them unlimited but that every team has like 50 Tickets and then its over.

but i don't really understand the Arma3 Respawn Sentences... :/ sure a bit of them i understand... but not that what i'm looking for :/

any ideas how to realize?

that would be great! :)

Hey, cant really help you with that other then suggest look at a mission that has what you want already implemented,

open it up and see how its done, even just use the mission and then adjust things how you see fit.

If you have a mission thats pbo'd you'll want to open it, you can do that using pbomanager

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

it says for arma2 but it works np with arma3 i use it all the time, pbo is still a pbo.