Tdc.DarKness

[ MAP ] St. George Island

/!\ Nothing to do with st george island /!\

One of my new projects, a map of 31 km / 31 km based on Yemen, it's a test, I'll put the map on the workshop but beware, it's an alpha !

20181004183330_1-552eaaf.jpg

capture-552dd28.png

• Like 10

The new region really looks interesting.

What do you mean by "I'll put the map on the workshop". Is it allready uploaded or are you going to upload it later on?
Will you finish St George Island or is it on hold?

Thanks for creating such awesome maps.

Wow. Finally the map with full use of Apex assets and creative design.
What is the progress state of St. George? Screenshots look great.

Actualy we are approaching the 50% of the map achieved, my objective before putting the map in public is to finish at least the red parts in the picture below

test-553c9cb.png

as you can see they are usually cliffs to decorate or empty building areas ( red area at the bottom right )

test4-553ca09.jpg

Texture map :

test2-553c9d1.png

test3-553c9d4.jpg

after, it will remain the northeastern part to decorate, we have already started to do much with a swamp :

20181015233220_1-553c9f0.jpg

I think an coming should be done very soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tdc.DarKness said:

Actualy we are approaching the 50% of the map achieved, my objective before putting the map in public is to finish at least the red parts in the picture below

after, it will remain the northeastern part to decorate, we have already started to do much with a swamp :

20181015233220_1-553c9f0.jpg

I think an coming should be done very soon

Thanks for such informative answers!
The SWAMP!! Now that was a surprise. It already looks like my favourite map, so versatile - from volcano to swamps to sands on the beach. Gotta be so much fun making sandbox BreakingPoint mission on it. Looking forward. You're the master.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haggerty said:

Do AI path over the bridges properly?

It's WIP. No reason for such questions. We already got an answer that it'll be published in workshop on a WIP stages, so you can test it yourself when it's available.

6 hours ago, Haggerty said:

Do AI path over the bridges properly?

yes for some bridges, but the bridges too complicated like that of the marsh the AI will not pass

an urban legend says that 10 small stone statue are hidden on the island ...

20181017221009_1-553eebf.jpg

20181017221939_1-553eecd.jpg

• Thanks 2

the ancient civilization had some macabre practices regarding the death penalty ...

20181020193537_1-554244a.jpg

• Like 3

On 17/12/2017 at 6:42 PM, Tdc.DarKness said:

Hope that fps will be playable in multiplayer for guys with average PC around such places:)

Good positioning for big city by the way! The fact that it is surrounded by water shall help with perfomance.

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images

This area is very busy, but FPS level I am 35 ( quality hight ) and I do not have the latest technologies.

Hight quality : 35 fps

Low Quality : 57 fps

sans-titre-5544f3c.png

sans-titre2-5544f3e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tdc.DarKness said:

This area is very busy, but FPS level I am 35 ( quality hight ) and I do not have the latest technologies.

Hight quality : 35 fps

Low Quality : 57 fps

Thanks for the info, would be nice if compared fps to Tanoa's Georgetown.
I think Georgetown is at the critical edge of the perfomance hit with MP in arma decreasing fps even further. It is an important part which may screw map usability. And I really wish this map to shine and populate.

I made sure that the atmosphere in the forest is rich in animal cries, I'm still cold in the back, but for now, you'll have a simple picture ^^

20181024233652_1-55476ec.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tdc.DarKness said:

I made sure that the atmosphere in the forest is rich in animal cries, I'm still cold in the back, but for now, you'll have a simple picture ^^

Do all forests consist of Tanoa-like jungles, or will woods vary in different areas? For example pine forest?

Not sure yet why, but pine woods on some maps were pretty creepy at nights. Great job anyway! Arma lacks that kind of maps with mystic feeling into it!

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images