Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Thanks for posting the new "wip" pic of the SLR. I've been

looking forward to the FLK mods troops and weapons for some

time. I think your SLR is one of the nicest looking ones that

are available for OFP. One it's finished it'll  be a  cracker!

Great Work guys.. feels nice to see a partly snowed textures..

Like it

Cheers mates

Joe

Thanks for posting the new "wip" pic of the SLR. I've been

looking forward to the FLK mods troops and weapons for some

time. I think your SLR is one of the nicest looking ones that

are available for OFP. One it's finished it'll be a cracker!

its not wip its final :P just needs custom sights

Nothing wrong with those ground textures. And I love that post office! And everything else, ofcourse. Maybe something to make the houses melt together with the ground more... Hard to explain but it feels (like mostly in OFP) that they are toys placed on a rug or something... Ack, who am I kidding, this must be the most awaited and coolest mod in OFP history.

I know exacty what you mean about the houses appearing 'placed' on.. There is a solution buts its not the easiest of things to do, but I will see what can be done. It is possible but its a matter of time and cant be done till all buildings are placed and not going to be moved (you will understand when we release the next batch of images)

Did I see a caption somewhere about release first quarter 2005 or was that Invasion 44 Phase '1' I am think of? Well if it was you, check your calender you've forgot to rip off some months from it.

blues.gif But seriously, I have been following your progress for a long time and I'm pleased to see that it's all coming together.

Well done men, keep it up

Both mods have said that tounge_o.gif

Both mods have said that tounge_o.gif

it was Falkland, didn't invasion say spring 2006?

Both mods have said that  tounge_o.gif

it was Falkland, didn't invasion say spring 2006?

Do you work in a mod which makes high quality stuff........? No

Do you realise how hard it is to make a mod? No

Then please be patient and wait for them to release it... you know its hard to work with add-ons when there’s hardly no incentive to work apart from the appreciation that some-one will like it..... but im sure you people whom do work with mods are more understanding

Quote[/b] ]Do you work in a mod which makes high quality stuff........? No

Do you realise how hard it is to make a mod? No

Erm.. yes I do actually, both of them. Unless your saying that your mod is the only good one out there. rock.gif

I love the Falklands stuff, I think it looks brilliant!

Dude I never meant to insult you in any way, all I said was that you guys said a release in 2005 first quater beacuse that was the question asked, I didn't say "Oh yeah they said first quater 2005 where the hell is it?" did I.

I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, I look forward to playing when released.

smile_o.gif

sim

Actually Swift is not involved with the Falklands mod but part of a very close affiliate of ours in UKF, and he has a good point..

Imagine trying to find new and dedicated people to work on a 4 year old game... Imagine trying to get new people who know nothing about a 3 month conflict which is almost forgotten about..When they do join they enjoy a a signature with - modeller - a mod, scripter - some other mod, texturer - even another mod yet doing absolutely nothing with any of them....

Imagine trying to keep a team together for almost 3 years doing something which costs absolutely nothing??

We're quite happy thank you very much.. We'll release it when it's ready.. When it's finished.. And when we're happy with it.

smile_o.gif

@ May 11 2005,01:28)]Actually Swift is not involved with the Falklands mod but part of a very close affiliate of ours in UKF, and he has a good point..

Imagine trying to find new and dedicated people to work on a 4 year old game... Imagine trying to get new people who know nothing about a 3 month conflict which is almost forgotten about..When they do join they enjoy a a signature with - modeller - a mod, scripter - some other mod, texturer - even another mod yet doing absolutely nothing with any of them....  

Imagine trying to keep a team together for almost 3 years doing something which costs absolutely nothing??

We're quite happy thank you very much.. We'll release it when it's ready.. When it's finished.. And when we're happy with it.

smile_o.gif

Well said mate... you guys have been churning this mod out since time immemorial.. and I for one can't wait...

none of us had the intention to demand anything, it was just a statement many read on the ofp.info site some time ago.

i guess i know though why plans have changed, but i won't tolerate swift's arrogant and ignorant point of view, i know that it will be released when it is ready and i think that is how it should be, but there is always a polite way to say that. and it should of course be said by a actuall team member.

and the flakland war is not that unknown as ou suppose it to be wink_o.gif

none of us had the intention to demand anything, it was just a statement many read on the ofp.info site some time ago.

i guess i know though why plans have changed, but i won't tolerate swift's arrogant and ignorant point of view, i know that it will be released when it is ready and i think that is how it should be, but there is always a polite way to say that. and it should of course be said by a actuall team member.

and the flakland war is not that unknown as ou suppose it to be wink_o.gif

strange...

you complain about there being a polite and inpolite way to address someone on the forum, yet you insist on calling someone an ignoramus (do you have any grounds for this claim?) only for the purpouses it seems, to flamebait...

any arrogance is understandable from my position... you all know the addons are done when they're done and no sooner, yet you still all insist on nagging about it... we're all getting rather tired by the same repetitive comments that are posted...

and just for good measure, swift is entitled to share those comments, be he on the team, or a complete outsider - at least he is understanding in his approach to these forums and the amount of effort Ash and his team put into the project... not to mention we all play CoOp OFP together on regular occasions (UKF, FLK and VCB) and we do discuss each others work in conversation... swift isnt talking on behalf of the falklands mod, he is merely stepping in to support UKF sister Mod (well, pretty much - but they're alot better tounge_o.gif ) and support a friend.

read the thread, sim just asked about that statement, i corrected him as i was quite sure that invasion was not the mod who said that, nothing more, and i call im that as it seems he thinks his "mod" is the only real good one

I think this was mostly a misunderstanding...

We ALL want the mod released when it's ready, but this won't help.

Release dates very rarely work out, it's been proven many times. Pointing out a release date was not met will not make the addon maker turn around and say "you're right, we've been sitting on the completed mod all this time waiting for someone to tell us we should have released it by now" in the same way, if a mod is complete it is very unlikely the maker will wait for any release date they did set until releasing it. smile_o.gif

Guess so...

anyways... any more pics from liverpool tounge_o.gif

aye

but yes i didnt understand the intention to the post so i will apologise to all that got upset/annoyed

ok now, we all know, i guess, that it is a lot of work, and i am happy for everyone that makes addons smile_o.gif

Wooohooo, a problem was solved in the proper way in tthis thread, its nice to see at last, when looking at other threads, see, we do have mature people on the forum. lol.

Anyhow, the stuff so far looks awsome, been lokking forward to this MOD for some time now and i dont care whens its released, as long as I still have OFP when it is biggrin_o.gif

sad_o.gif Looks like my comment that started it, sorry, was no intention to upset anyone, i'll remember to place more smileys on my posts in future.

The problem with expectation is with public announcement of a project and display of really cool images creates community interest. Which is the idea behind of advertising the goodies.

I can imagine you get sick of when is it ready comments but Im sure the impatient requests are fueled by pure interest in playing such a cool looking mod / mods (everyones mod) biggrin_o.gif

Nothing bad or sinister

smile_o.gif

Sorry for the cheeky calender remark.

Thank god that's over and done with biggrin_o.gif

Expectation will always be a problem, I can't wait till it's finished myself so I can play it online.. We release screenshots to keep an interest and let you all know that work is quietly still going on otherwise people would just ask 'Hey.. Remember that Falklands Mod? Whatever happened to them as theyve not released any updates in the last year...

It's a catch 22 situation.. We do try and release stuff every now again (even though we siad we wouldn't release anything seperate from the final release)..

If it means anything to you, I think you'll enjoy it once it's finished. wink_o.gif

I think the only way to solve this problem is more screen shots for us to gawk over for a few days untill we go back into Falklands withdrawl. Its an addiction.

We'll start getting more screenshots out..