Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

out of interest, will the rapier be manned by just one person? or a commander and gunner? and where would they be seated? (its not "inside" the rapier on the real one so just wondering) in a caravan* maybe?

(* cant remember name of it)

Is it possible to have a missle launcher that shots at planes without a Gunner?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 02 2003,01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it possible to have a missle launcher that shots at planes without a Gunner?<span id='postcolor'>

No

Only the Phalanx and Goalkeeper CIWS (and Russian equivalents.Can't remember names) are capable of fully autonomous operation.These are point defence anti missile gatling guns with a very high rate of fire that basically put a wall of lead between your ship(AFAIK these systems are only installed on ships) and the incoming missile  smile.gif

P.S.

LOL...Obviously you need someone there to switch the system on biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ April 01 2003,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marines photo oppotunity<span id='postcolor'>

Those Marines look great. Out of interest wil those new animations be part of the Mod? I hope so because those stances look excellent.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ April 02 2003,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ April 01 2003,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marines photo oppotunity<span id='postcolor'>

Those Marines look great. Out of interest wil those new animations be part of the Mod? I hope so because those stances look excellent.<span id='postcolor'>

Those animations are from the JASDF animation addon...(I think that's the name of the addon...That one made by the Japanese guy)

I downloaded those anims from ofp.cz and they are great, i have emailed the author and hes given the nod to letting us use them in the mod biggrin.gif

This might be really minor, but those berets look great. Best looking berets I've seen in OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 02 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This might be really minor, but those berets look great. Best looking berets I've seen in OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree.

Can't wait to get my grubby paws on these addons : biggrin.gif

Fantastic!

And one thing please.

Make an option for the Engine Sound:

"LOUD" - "VERY LOUD" - "EXTREME LOUD!!!"

MfG Lee biggrin.gif

the wheels need to be rounded a little , for the rest it seems to be ok and a very nice skin or is it just the edited photo biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ April 04 2003,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok heres 3 more pics of the harrier *large files*

http://www.kevbaz.com/funpics/harrier.jpg

http://www.kevbaz.com/funpics/harrier2.jpg

http://www.kevbaz.com/funpics/harrier3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

It´s a very cool pics!

Fantastic work wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 05 2003,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the wheels need to be rounded a little , for the rest it seems to be ok and a very nice skin or is it just the edited photo  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

look closer mate

all of ofp's wheels are pre created cyclinders (sp) in oxygen. getting a perfect wheel is bloody hard and not worth it

Ok time for annother update, the following are still beta, so keep that in mind wink.gif

Argie Marine

amarine.jpg

Argie FN-50-41

fn-50-41.jpg

Argie M3A1 "Grease Gun"

m3a1.jpg

and the following are some new switchmove anims, the unit in the pic is a beta of an argie conscript, and as you can see the anims are surrender ones.

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

cap4.jpg

will you include some kind of script that makes them surrender if the fighting is close and they are losing badly or something? like a morale script. that would be so cool and realistic. btw...im totaly serious. biggrin.gif

thats a good idea, ill bring it up with the mission guys biggrin.gif

Cbfasi's excellent work continues on HMS fearless.....

FearPic09.jpg

FearPic06.jpg

Very good!

Btw, when will we be able to fly the Harrier?

Saw a report about the JSF (Joint Strike Fighter) "battle" between Lockheed Martin and Boeing.

It´s so amazing see those Planes standing in the Air.

So when will we are able to fly your Harrier?

Days? Weeks? Month? After OFP2 release? crazy.gif

MfG Lee wink.gif

I hope that we get to play, or just watch it (In OUR OFP) very soon.... I'm gonna die if they keep it!... (But we all know that it will be released with the mod) sad.gif And i can't wait that long tounge.gif

A Work in progress shot of the LCU in action.

LCUPic01.jpg

Its not quite finished, with the upper deck textures needing to be done, and also some further detailing of the aft area.

Oh yes that ramp does work, although due to being a rixed rotation distance it will bury itself into the ground if the slope is too gently between the bow and the beach.  (if anyone knows how to stop this let me know please)

Is the LCU a static object as well? If not, will it be able to transport anything?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CBFASI @ April 20 2003,19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A Work in progress shot of the LCU in action.

LCUPic01.jpg

Its not quite finished, with the upper deck textures needing to be done, and also some further detailing of the aft area.

Oh yes that ramp does work, although due to being a rixed rotation distance it will bury itself into the ground if the slope is too gently between the bow and the beach.  (if anyone knows how to stop this let me know please)<span id='postcolor'>

How are things coming along for the Lynx?

It's all jolly good work...