pedrompneves

New to Arma Cold War

I love sniping in videogames. I was wondering if I can play this game as a sniper.

Also, are there any must install mods to play the game? Like graphics/textures update to make the game look a bit better? Or some fan-patches that correct bugs? Or a total overhaul mod that actually improves gameplay vs the vanilla game?

Thank you for your help.

10 hours ago, pedrompneves said:

I love sniping in videogames. I was wondering if I can play this game as a sniper.

Also, are there any must install mods to play the game? Like graphics/textures update to make the game look a bit better? Or some fan-patches that correct bugs? Or a total overhaul mod that actually improves gameplay vs the vanilla game?

Thank you for your help.

First off, you can indeed play as a sniper! Well, it all depends on the equipment for missions but grab a sniper rifle and your dreams come true! You can try this out in the "Bomberman" mission in singleplayer.

On the topic of mods, I would advise getting into the vanilla campaign and enjoying what it has to offer. If not, you can try out Extended Effects (which doesn't affect the mission with errors as some other mod packs do) with its customizable models for units, additional AI abilities (throw smoke grenades, smoke grenades now block the vision of AI, etc.), and the addition of voices and phrases. I highly recommend this mod any day for it's compatibility with every (custom/user-made) mission or campaign.