bis_iceman

Vehicle Interiors - Feedback

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

@Rak1445 To quote Wulf on the bug tracker:

To roadkill regarding the last time I tried to share this information: While I really could have worded it better, I didn't intend to be flame-bait-ey whatsoever. Nothing but huge respect for Wulf considering how active they are on the feedback tracker.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Inside of interior, we should have an opportunity to switch main monitor to NV or IR for better realistic feel.

^ Tried right CTRL + N already? That should switch the mode.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lexx said:

^ Tried right CTRL + N already? That should switch the mode.

Thanks, it works! :) 

love it .
wish to switch vieuw on some of the screens (driver can see what is going on behind him without reversing, commander can switch to gunner/driver vieuw/gps etc. etc.)
let the gunner alsow switch his vieuw from info to optic? as some dont have outside vieuw.

slammer up doesn`t have a top turret from comander vieuw ,bobcat has what it seems same issue
alsow found that the tigris has 2 unusable seats and the driver can`t turn out

(ps would love a vieuw from passenger seat in some of the backs of the vehicles)
(maybe let the blackfish carry 2 nux class vehicles?)

Edited by boeljoet
added blackfish
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, boeljoet said:

wish to switch vieuw on some of the screens (driver can see what is going on behind him without reversing, commander can switch to gunner/driver vieuw/gps etc. etc.)
let the gunner alsow switch his vieuw from info to optic? as some dont have outside vieuw.

We used to complain about 'magic radar' for tanks that they could spot units close by that they couldn't realistically see. This was fixed, BUT with these extra camera's it actually should be harder to sneak up to a tank isn't it? We'll if it isn't, we'll just pretend the crew is focusing hard on their weapons systems and not their immediate surroundings :-)

On 18.03.2018 at 2:30 PM, R3vo said:

QCitpVV.png

Come to mind about COAX, it's not the correct description, the right would be СПАРЕННЫЙ or its short form СПАР.

• Like 1

I love the work that's gone into the interiors. They're gorgeous.

One problem: screens/reflections at night. Everybody suffers from this, including aircraft and helicopters, but it seems especially pronounced in some of the new vehicle interiors. If you're using night vision to look out one of the new drivers' vision blocks, it'll often catch glare from the screens presenting you information, and/or any gunfire your tank is unleashing. This can make it very difficult to see at night. The gunfire reflection is unrealistic for obvious reasons, the screens for the fact that screens like that are going to have an NV-compatible low-light mode. Even civilian glass cockpit displays, now, have this, not necessarily for NVGs, but to simply not be brighter than the environment exterior of the vehicle.

I got an error popup in diag.exe that my (unfinished) vehicle does not have cargo or gunner LOD.  It's true. Here's the catch though: the error popped up maybe 1-2 minutes into the mission and without every trying to access interior LOD -> always in exterior view or in hard set optic view.

c:\bis\source\dev\futura\lib\transport.cpp(15656)(func: Transport::GetProxyCamera)  [AssertUSR]  MainThread=2672 Group: Graphic Can't find inside LOD (pilot or cargo). Model: k40_v_centaur\vehicles\centaur\cent_nointersectwheeltest.p3d

So for some reason the game wants to access interior LOD without a need to display it - i'm not sure if there is maybe a missing failsafe or some undesired lookups that affect performance?

Wrong ammo type changes after shooting HE-T, it should be ОФ, not К, because ОФ stands for "Осколочно-Фугасный" i.e. HE and К -"Куммулятивный" i.e HEAT.

1ipmHSL6hf8.jpg

Kamysh driver cant turn out even though the model has a hatch in both exterior and interior.

Slammer driver also cannot turn out in both variants. In other Merkava based vehicles it works.

A speedometer for all crew positions, especially the commander (small digital screen readout would suffice) would come in very handy. Then there is almost no need for any UI elements and everything important is represented in the real 3d cockpit.

Marid driver sees just some grey shapes unless he turns out or goes 3rd person

11 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Marid driver sees just some grey shapes unless he turns out or goes 3rd person

This is because you put an empty marid on the map and then got in. The empty marid is still of the old type without activated interior. It is a bug. 

If you put down a manned marid, remove the crew, and then get into that one, you will see the interior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joostsidy said:

This is because you put an empty marid on the map and then got in. The empty marid is still of the old type without activated interior. It is a bug. 

If you put down a manned marid, remove the crew, and then get into that one, you will see the interior.

I spawned the Marid in script and then crewed it in script. Is that the same thing?

3 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I spawned the Marid in script and then crewed it in script. Is that the same thing?

Did you use the classname of the new Marid?

"O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_v2_F"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

Did you use the classname of the new Marid?

"O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_v2_F"

No, I didn't. I wasn't aware the classname had changed. Have any others changed, do you know?

3 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

No, I didn't. I wasn't aware the classname had changed. Have any others changed, do you know?

No other classnames have changed. The reason the Marid's was changed is because its gunner seat has been removed and the RCWS given to the commander.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey all. I was wondering if this thread is about specific interiors of vanilla models, or about the general interior capabilities the engine sports now? In other words, I want to know if talking about interiors in regards to how it affects mod vehicles is allowed. I have a few enclosed vehicles I've made that could benefit from some of these discussions, I think.

I am all for interior immersion, and being able to look around my environment instead of being forced to look through a fixed view. I have one tank, especially, which has its gunner cannons directly in front of his periscopes. I don't know if there's a fix, but I just wanted to explore the matter because it presents a unique situation. Here is a video with better explanation:

• Like 2