bis_iceman

Vehicle Interiors - Feedback

Just noticed this about the Kuma. I haven't looked into if it's a common problem throughout the vehicles, but in the Commander seat, you can't see the turret through the cupola if you raise your head. Plus, the RWCS doesn't appear in the back, so I thought it would be nice if it was modeled, considering the Marshall, I think, has turret roof and blind spots modeled. And, if I remember correctly, didn't Kuma have FFV for Commander? I don't feel like uninstalling dev branch and reinstalling just to check. Still, great work so far, don't get lazy and keep it up.

Also, @Imperator[TFD]

IS-2 is 122mm

and I'd disagree with you about the Tiger ;)

I feel as if you're too zoomed in when you're the driver right click so you're looking through the front window thing. Makes me a bit nauseous and makes me confused of where I am when driving.

Don't know if anyone else feels the same way.

Both artillery pieces have issues when gunner/commander turn out.

Commander's view position when turned out is sitting on top of the gun barrel, while his model is invisible and gunner's hatch opens instead. When gunner turns out, his hatch doesn't open.

I'd love to see animations for turning out, just like in Slammer's commander position - you see the hatch open and your character moving for a brief second, before turning out completely - for example, Mora's commander just kinda "pops up" outside. Slammer is much more immersive in this matter!

Love the new interiors, especially the Varsuk with its messy cables. Makes it feel very real.

One little thing that bothers me a bit is the very low volume of the reloading of the cannon on all of the tanks in interior view. It sounds as if the loading happens in a tank on the opposite side of the battlefield.

I haven't been in an actual tank but I'd imagine reloading process makes a lot of mechanical noise.

• Like 3

As I look more and more, i'm starting to notice that the color palette of each faction's driving and fighting compartments doesn't always mesh with that of the passenger compartment. It's hardly game-breaking and they are quite close, but sort of like the hatch issue it is a touch off-putting

It affects all of them, but here are some of the worse offenders

MSE-3 Marid

FFD5273DB586CC366F5FA0DFB764E0ECBF781655

A75B580FF091EF252D495917B1A3C7FA5C04C906

IFV-6 Panther

DF24C164C98E681E2149839BFA48EEB307CFCC6A

CBAB065758924FAE61E0661021050979270AB65A

M2 Slammer

1D6605D8971888F94A71924D4A7A951BAACC022D

EE1DA52D14F9B38D351EC63AE4FDE5D14061A003

2DFAA9135EE4FBC5ECEDAC77CF101C0263D6B133

May I also reiterate the field manual entry for the Varsuk

"The crew was moved from the turret to a more armored body of the tank"

Maybe the teased T-14, but not the Varsuk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

As I look more and more, i'm starting to notice that the color palette of each faction's driving and fighting compartments doesn't always mesh with that of the passenger compartment. It's hardly game-breaking and they are quite close, but sort of like the hatch issue it is a touch off-putting

It affects all of them, but here are some of the worse offenders

MSE-3 Marid

Reveal hidden contents

FFD5273DB586CC366F5FA0DFB764E0ECBF781655

A75B580FF091EF252D495917B1A3C7FA5C04C906

IFV-6 Panther

Reveal hidden contents

DF24C164C98E681E2149839BFA48EEB307CFCC6A

CBAB065758924FAE61E0661021050979270AB65A

M2 Slammer

Reveal hidden contents

1D6605D8971888F94A71924D4A7A951BAACC022D

EE1DA52D14F9B38D351EC63AE4FDE5D14061A003

2DFAA9135EE4FBC5ECEDAC77CF101C0263D6B133

May I also reiterate the field manual entry for the Varsuk

"The crew was moved from the turret to a more armored body of the tank"

Maybe the teased T-14, but not the Varsuk

I think it'd be best just to retexture the interiors with a basic grey color like the crew compartments. Sure it'll look kinda bland, but consistency.

- The MRLS Sandstorm gunner position is missing an elevation indicator, instead we have the azimute gauge 2 times.

- Also, the elevation of the turrent doesn't make a sound. Guess it's magic.

- Elevation indicator for the gunner doesn't work for the Scorcher.

- No cam shake when firing the Scorcher

6 hours ago, Night515 said:

I think it'd be best just to retexture the interiors with a basic grey color like the crew compartments. Sure it'll look kinda bland, but consistency.

God, why? Why degrade the visual aesthetics because of some yellow seats in the back? I dont understand how that breaks "consistency". Especially in tanks - they're fighting machines, not convertibles.

Devs, thx for more interiors!

Some issues and suggestions:

M4 Scorcher:

Commander Seat:

1) Can u change start view?

Now:

Spoiler

5zFrbd3.jpg

Need:

Spoiler

otEn5st.jpg

2) Display haven't sight, info about elevation, position relatively main gun.

After change vision mode (NV, TI, etc) info don't change "WFOV DTV"

Spoiler

1gXYkec.jpg

Different info about Smoke (It's info about ammo for GMG)

Spoiler

mxccqGz.jpg

It's hard to make out the figures/words without zoom

Spoiler

ldKAnsh.jpg

oav6pP1.jpg

Lightbulb don't work :(

Spoiler

7QYBWJ4.jpg

Gunner Seat: 

1) icon don't see

Spoiler

NURp0dB.jpg

VtSeu8G.jpg

2) Elevation is Range (after press T in optic view), need to be fixed

Spoiler

hKfemmF.jpg

3) Azimuth shows an incomprehensible meaning

Spoiler

5gQAe9r.jpg

4) COAX? What is mean, cause change gun on commander not change value in this string

5) Reload Mine Cluster - shot = Nothing change

Reload Cluster Shells - shot = On display MINE value decrease one...

Reload Smoke (White) - shot = CLUSTER value - 1

Reload Laser Guided - shot = SMOKE value - 1

Reload AT Mine Cluster - shot = LASER value - 1

6) In display we can see status of Main Gun & Main Turret, but picture have Commander Gun & Turret.

Please remove it OR show status Commander gun too

Spoiler

9OZEphR.png

AHEgmmC.png

7) Display can't show ORANGE Status of HitPoint

8) Bobcat driver display have some error

Spoiler

• Like 4

Slammer's Commander MFD shows black/white thermal, while the actual "zoomed-in" thermal is green.
Slammer's Gunner MFD showing vehicle status has illegible text - suggest changing font, or decreasing its size.

Varsuk's crew doesn't have FFV when turned out.

After any sort of damage inflicted, Varsuk's and Mora's texture goes darker immediately. This happens even after hitting it once with a MG bullet.

Any chance we could get hidden selections for the MFDs in vehicles? So for example, we could tweak the Mora's green MFD to be blue for consistency if we were making a NATO variant.

7 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

4) COAX? What is mean, cause change gun on commander not change value in this string

COAX refers to the Coaxial gun - a gun mounted alongside the main cannon, and usually controlled by the gunner. For example, the M2 Slammer has a 6.5mm M200 machine gun as its coaxial gun.

Changing the commander's gun won't do anything as the coax is not controlled by the commander. Also, if you're testing on an artillery vehicle, the Coax will be blank because the artillery vehicles do not have coaxial weapons.

• Like 3

I don't see whats wrong with some of you? "We must decrease the quality of the passenger compartment and make it grey and dull like the crew compartment". Lets make it worse instead of better? come on, man!

It's more a matter of consistency and quality. If the colors vary too much, then it easily becomes noticable and a distraction. Hopefully, it's just a matter of tweaking the texture file RGB/brightness of either passenger or crew compartment - to match the other.

Kamysh crew cannot turn out.

Namer (is it Panther in-game?) doesn't have SLAT option.

Should SLAT vehicles be amphibious?

SLAT should be visible through viewports from inside the vehicles.

imho thats just a silly argument, most interiors are white irl with shades of green, blue, grey and so on which are non distracting colours unlike red, yellow and pink. Personally I think one of the most pretty compartments is the marids passenger compartment with its pale blue and white which really gives that futuristic feel imo. It feels almost though as if the passenger compartments of the apcs except for the marid are of lower quality textures and feels a little blurry and that's something I thing could be worked to look a little better. 

23 hours ago, Rak1445 said:

Kamysh crew cannot turn out.

Namer (is it Panther in-game?) doesn't have SLAT option.

Should SLAT vehicles be amphibious?

SLAT should be visible through viewports from inside the vehicles.

Panther just like real world Namer is based on tank chassis (Slammer or real world Merkava Mk4), and as such have armor protection levels comparable to a tank.

• Like 2

Thread cleaned up, please keep flame-baiting comments off this forum. Especially ones aimed at members of the Development Team.

• Like 2

i'm really excited about the update. this all looks very good!

just one question concerning the updated tanks. when the player is controlling a turret but is not in optics, but default interior view, is gun stabilisation still applied?

i really hope, that in that case, the gun moves with the tank instead of constantly being stabilized.

alternatively i would wish for the possibility to toggle stabilization.

i think it does not look believable when the tank gun constantly moves independently from the hull, while the tank is not in combat or combat-ready...

• Like 2

Well, it took nearly 17 years, but interiors are back baby :D And holy shit are they immersive. A job well done BIS, your support for this game has been nothing short of fantastic. I havent played with vanilla vehicles in a long time, but right now the vanilla vehicles are unsurpassed in both quality and gameplay. 

• Like 2

Hey, how about to add the lights system in the passenger room? that can be turn off/on by commander seat or passenger itself?

and add the explosive reactive armor system to all APCs/IFVs and MBTs is also a nice idea too 

Passenger compartments of the original vanilla vehicles have blurry low quality textures... Could we get an update?

@Rak1445 To quote Wulf on the bug tracker:

Hello.

I am afraid that these old passenger interiors will not be edited to match the current new ones. There is a couple of reasons for this. First, we wanted to focus on the missing interiors that weren't in the game yet. Second, we wanted backward compatibility with our mod makers / community that might have changed them to their liking and third it would be much more time consuming as it might seem.

To roadkill regarding the last time I tried to share this information: While I really could have worded it better, I didn't intend to be flame-bait-ey whatsoever. Nothing but huge respect for Wulf considering how active they are on the feedback tracker.

When rotating the turret as Rhino MGS maingunner, the seat position goes forward and backwards (make a few 360° turns and you'll see what i mean) - or the camera zooms in and out.

Rhino commander screen shows IR vision as black/white, while optic view is green/black.