bis_iceman

Vehicle Interiors - Feedback

18 hours ago, en3x said:

So first thought I got from this was ETS or euro truck sim adjustment of the seat. So you can customize how front or back, how high or how low your

"seat" will be. When I say seat, in their case is basically your view adjustment.

Just a side note, you can already do that. Go to controls -> view. There is controls for move head forward, back, up etc.

I suggest binding them to a desired key(s) + mouse movement.

Awesome news! Been missing this since OFP days :)

3 hours ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

Not sure if you're aware, but you can already do this somewhat. Not sure what the defaults are, but CTRL+Numpad numbers can move and lean the head around in most vehicles. For example, head is down and to the left observing the top of the hill or head is slightly up and to the right, checking if there's anyone near the rock. They're under "View > Move Head ..."

I'm afraid that's not what I meant. I meant actually raise your head and unbutton partially:

Check this, it does really fast but its the same idea:

Awesome interiors! Really good work.

Will you be able to use things like zooming/nightvision/thermal for the new MFD's? Without the need to right-click to get to the "sight"?

Also found a small bug - when activating thermal vision as the Commander of a Marshall you get the greenish one when looking through the "sight" and the black/white one when looking at the MFD.

2 minutes ago, Fl3rian said:

nightvision/thermal for the new MFD's? Without the need to right-click to get to the "sight"?

As Redphoenix said just few posts ago:

There already is - it's right CTRL + N.
Check if you have it set-up in the controls (should be under General) - It's just called "Night-Vision" - So it could slip the eye easily. The tooltip should be different tho.

I did a test with a MSE-3 Marid and M2A4 Slammer UP, using the latter's .50 HMG to shoot the Marid's hull. I managed to kill the turned-in crew, so it seems crew are killable now. :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mistyronin said:

As Redphoenix said just few posts ago:

Thanks! Works only with the AMV-7 though...

@x3kj I think I see @Beagle 's point about the Marshall. The 2D screen has a wider but more shallow FOV, while the  3D one has a deeper but narrower FOV. So for driving in a town or something, 2D will be better.

There also seems to be a weird "parallax" effect with all the view ports. So moving your virtual head up or down raises the viewport's view up or down. Similarly, moving the viewport to a horizontal edge increases the FoV along that side. Maybe this is because it's supposed to be a periscope, and thus this behaviour? But yeah, the Marshall and the Marid's viewports' views are centered too high, need to be lowered to better see the road. Gorgon seems to be perfect.

On 12/16/2017 at 8:00 AM, Beagle said:

By the way, PiP set to normal does not give much of a hit anymore.

So I went and tested, I suffer a 12-20 fps performance hit due to PiP. This simply going from Disabled to Low. Low to Ultra doesn't change much. I have a GTX 670. So no, the hit is the same as I remember, i suspect you've just upgraded hardware over the years... :P

Speaking of PiP, enabling the driver and gunner cams while being a commander makes the commander's MFD very slow. It's really disorienting to have two or three different camera feeds operating at different FPS. Is there a way to turn the MFD off? And I think the gunner needs an MFD camera too...

EDIT: The machine gun and missile sounds are way too loud, at least in  the gunner seat. Also, the Marid is missing the door to the passenger compartment. It also seems that the Marid and Gorgon have hatches at the back, no FFV positions possible? :P

EDIT2: I had meant Beagle and not R3vo...sorry :/

Combined all the notes noted, added some, into a single snapshot(picture in the spoiler). Note that the textures of closed hatches differ from the textures of open hatches on the side of the interior.
Optex periscopes on hatches (for the driver of the marshal and marid) do not have any details or inappropriate details on the side of the interior.

Someone wrote that in the windows you can not see the driver and the commander on Marida.  There, there should not be anything to see, it's not windows.This illusion arises from the incorrect design of the open hatch. The open hatch should not have the appearance of windows, it must have parts of the periscope.

Spoiler

Bf3qXPf.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

@x3kj I think I see point about the Marshall. The 2D screen has a wider but more shallow FOV, while the  3D one has a deeper but narrower FOV. So for driving in a town or something, 2D will be better.

There also seems to be a weird "parallax" effect with all the view ports. So moving your virtual head up or down raises the viewport's view up or down. Similarly, moving the viewport to a horizontal edge increases the FoV along that side. Maybe this is because it's supposed to be a periscope, and thus this behaviour? But yeah, the Marshall and the Marid's viewports' views are centered too high, need to be lowered to better see the road. Gorgon seems to be perfect.

The 3D screen has a wider FOV than 2D in horizontal (if you move camera forward), but less in vertical - as demonstrated by the two screen series. Since you can adjust heigth and angle of camera however you can cover the same vertical view range as the 2D port, if not more. The "weird parallax effect" is not weird - its what is caused by optics and the head camera beeing 3d... Focus on the top of your monitor and nod your head up and down -> same effect.

2 hours ago, peegee said:

Just a side note, you can already do that. Go to controls -> view. There is controls for move head forward, back, up etc.

I suggest binding them to a desired key(s) + mouse movement.

Indeed I was aware of that in the back of my head but I never used it besides helicopters. Does it reset position everytime you leave vehicle? That might be it.

I think is Ctr + num keys

3 hours ago, mistyronin said:

Check this, it does really fast but its the same idea:

I love RO2 and if BIS devs could reproduce it here as well. It would be:

485488.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mistyronin said:

And if I can give a suggestion, being able to open doors and hatches to get in and out would also be a really nice touch. Even if it’s just an automated feature.

Yeah that would be nice, but I think the exteriors and interiors are "disconnected", when you are turned out you (sadly) only see a black poly beneath you, no way to look down. I very much liked the part in both Battlefield 3 and MW3 (yeah I'll wash my mouth with soap afterwards hehe) and it added alot to the immersion to apparently go seamlessly from inside to outside and vice versa.

12 hours ago, mistyronin said:

I just hope BI keeps all the Arma 3 features in a future sequel (FFV, vehicle interiors, helicopter advanced flight mode, ViV, etc.)-and please with a modern or historical setting, no more pseudo-futuristic experiments-. Then it would be a dream come true. 

Oh yes, please!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

Yeah that would be nice, but I think the exteriors and interiors are "disconnected"

They are, and this is also the reason why we can have "periscopes" without costly PiP in the first place.

7 minutes ago, x3kj said:

They are, and this is also the reason why we can have "periscopes" without costly PiP in the first place.

Yeah but the new interiors have "real" outside views, probably part of the LOD. They could have the entire outside as well or at least enough to be able to turn out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Yeah but the new interiors have "real" outside views, probably part of the LOD. They could have the entire outside as well or at least enough to be able to turn out. 

No, it loads a different LOD.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Night515 said:

I did a test with a MSE-3 Marid and M2A4 Slammer UP, using the latter's .50 HMG to shoot the Marid's hull. I managed to kill the turned-in crew, so it seems crew are killable now. :)

I wonder is this works for shaped charges too.

• Like 1

Just now, Beagle said:

I wonder is this works for shaped charges too.

Closing my eyes and praying to the Bohemian gods for new, or rather, additional armor mechanics all together.

• Shaped charges
  • Penetration effects
  • Ammo storage detonation(boom)/deflagration(wooosh)
  • New modules
  • New armor types (spaced/ERA)

I long for the day where a tank is only totally knocked out (destroyed state) if:

• Fuel storage catches fire and burns the tank to a crisp.
  • Ammo storage catches fire or detonates.

And much more common sights are:

• Crew kill
  • Mobility kill (tracks/engine/fuel/drivetrain)
  • Combat ineffectiveness kill (weapon systems, turret drives, elevation drives, targeting systems)
  • Abandoned vehicles. (due to any of the above conditions).

Heres hoping anyways :) :D

• Like 9

We get the interiors from the BIS and it's wonderful!I'm still happy with this news, and now I look at the game a little bit different.. 

As it seems to me, now the interiors oblige the developers to make some parts of the interior destructible and create the some damage effects, so that the player can feel the degree of damage to the tank from the inside. Along with the interiors in armored vehicles, this would create a tremendous effect! Otherwise, I can not even imagine the cockpit of the tank in which there are no visual/gameplay damages. 

I support you @Strike_NOR Your list is good.

I would like to offer my wish list to the developers. If someone agrees with me , then also support me and then may be, my post with right wishes will be noticed!

I would like the BIS to create at least the some the effects for players of first person, it seems to me necessary, if the player receives the interiors from his heavy armored vehicles:

1) I would like to see how screens of crew orientation (PIP) could give out the clutters (noise) if heavy weapons (120 mm or AT-Missile/Rocket) hit your tank (as it was in Battlefield3, if anyone remembers) In this case the screen should flicker and give out visual hindrances (1-2 sec, not more). Such a detail will increase the feeling of a heavy hit!

2) I would like to see how screens of crew orientation (PIP) could be completely destroyed (for example, if the external camera was daestroyed or at internal vehicle damages ) In this case, the screen should only emit white noise ) and the player will have to navigate only visually (through the observation windows)  Such a detail will increase the feeling of vehicle damages.

3) I would like to see broken observation windows or optical devices for any internal observer of damaged vehicle. it would be sufficient to have a grid of cracks, without total destruction.  Such a detail will increase the feeling of vehicle damages and will also affect to gameplay.

4) Today, for the player which located inside armored vehicle the sound of enemy weapons not noticeable or completely absent! I would like the BIS also to give this detail your attention. The sound effects of hits and contusions for the player, which inside. For example, If the tank gets hit of 120 mm or AT-Rocket/Missile, then the player inside, should feel sound of heavy hit and even ringing in the ears or partial hearing loss. Such a detail will increase the feeling of a heavy hit and give to player combat simulation!
5) At the heavy hits (120 mm or AT-Missile/Rocket)  The blur effects of player vision. This can add  a little disorientation for player at heavy hits and improves combat simulation.

6) Vehicle shake effect at hits of heavy weapons (120 mm or AT-Missile/Rocket) This can improves combat simulation.
7) With medium and heavy damages, the player must see the smoke inside the cockpit. May be sparks on the devices. This can improves combat simulation.

@BIS please try at least some of these details. Together with the interiors for Armor, they could create a fantastic level of simulation in Arma!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

No, it loads a different LOD.

Yeah, what I meant is that the LOD can "see" the outside, the windows/view hatches aren't RTT, so it should be possible to turn out and see part of the tank, like it is now with some vehicles already.

• Like 1

About the Marid.

In the gunner's seat there are Russian words "ПУЛЕМЕТ"(Machine gun) and "ГРАНАТОМЕТ"(GMG), I'm not digging into Russian but are they spelled right?

Shouldn't them be  "ПУЛЕМЁТ" and "ГРАНАТОМЁТ"?

• Like 1

I still wish for the tank dlc that you can open the rear hatch and can break at the IFV/ICV and APCs

1f924.png

Amazing content, thx Devs!!!

Some feedback:

AMV-7 Marshall

Driver:

Gunner:

Commander:

MSE-3 Marid

Most of same problems

Commander:

AFV-4 Gorgon

Most of same problems

Driver:

Commander:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pr9inichek said:

Elevation level of Gun to strong, need to decrease for +40 (Now +60)

Same for the Marid

Ocb39Mv.jpg

1 hour ago, pr9inichek said:

The rear view screen does not display the dimensions of the APC -

It would be nice if the rear camera could display the size of the vehicle like this. Some modern cars have that. Everything outside the red rectangle can be passed without collision.

jZmgx1m.jpg

Furthermore when zapping through the view modes with CTRL+N for some reason I have to press CTRL+N 4 times to cycle back to normal view but there are only 3 view modes. Normal, NV, Black Hot, seems like White Hot is missing.

• Like 5