3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I tried it and had them spawning fine off triggers but the behaviour wont init properly for some reason...

I tried a few different ways  but never seemed to get it and then got sidetracked on other projects..

Ill maybe have a look again at some point... thats a lot of triggers and it would be nice to have it work on dedicated as I would love to add it to ravage escape but am running that mission with as many scripts as possible as I already have a bunch of triggers causing issues in mp.

Yeah I'm running a hosted dedi with a bunch of scripts and mods all fighting for leg-room.. For now I've removed the 500 fishy elements... placing just 4 sharks at permanent locations.

I did notice the movements weren't as fluid when spawned from triggers, but it still works good. I like tha sharks! (see what I did there?.. yep its late here :don11:).

• Like 1

You might be able to use Locations to spawn sharks in a semi-random arrangement.  The default location for water "locations" such as bays etc. is "NameMarine".  That would make them appear on the map's Locations for which any bay etc. would likely be of use.  Not sure if that would make them appear in lakes however... the Locations feature is very under-utilized so I don't know how that would behave if there were lakes anywhere.

You could also spawn them near wrecks if any are found on the map.  You could pass a simple issurfacewater check or a getpos select 2 to find its height ASL to make sure you don't spawn them on land.

Using a script to discover these two types of locations would in theory give you a relatively random series of spawn points while needing no triggers, etc.  You would only need a script to run on whatever schedule or condition you need them to spawn under.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Using a script to discover these two types of locations would in theory give you a relatively random series of spawn points while needing no triggers, etc.  You would only need a script to run on whatever schedule or condition you need them to spawn under.

That is pretty much what I am after, I know there's a script for random dive loot called BigfootsShipwrecks, if I knew how alter and/or do all of that I would be smashing it on the server! lol.. I really don't know scripting at all, as much as I've tried to read and read... and read, the many forums and posts over the past few months, I am still left scratching my head... Which mostly comes down to time.. and patience lol.

If I can figure how to do your ideas down the track, I will def give them a crack. thank you for your ideas! :) 

I place the shark cages on the surface but they always sink? I see screen captures of them floating posted by others. I must be missing something. I place in eden editor floating but when game starts they always sink? Thanks in advance for your help. 

22 minutes ago, David ArmAstrong said:

I place the shark cages on the surface but they always sink? I see screen captures of them floating posted by others. I must be missing something. I place in eden editor floating but when game starts they always sink? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Click on the structure and turn on / off simulation, will freeze the object.

@David ArmAstrong, this will be fixed in the next release. I noticed another bug with the shark script of Feint. Now with the new release of "Contact" the hunting script is not working properly.

Teaser 😉

8C6AFF962128CC95052A87FE79AF3C6C5D55C5CD

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3:48:25 [57157,837.567,0,"XEH: PreInit finished."]
 3:48:26 Error in expression <",typeOf _nearestTarget, _distance]};

sleep 1;
};

if (_debug) then {hintSile>
   Error position: <sleep 1;
};

if (_debug) then {hintSile>
   Error Undefined behavior: waitUntil returned nil. True or false expected.
 3:48:26 In last 10000 miliseconds was lost another 7 these messages.
 3:48:26 File Tha_Sharks\scripts\huntingBehavior2.sqf..., line 78

Edit: didnt saw the comment above. 😅

Picking up my Arma3 Exile MP server again, after many years...
I know Tha_Sharks mod is still active as B@co only updated it in Steam Workshop less than two weeks ago.

As an utter novice again, I have spent two full days trying various ways to call in the sharks within 3den (where they always work fine) including questionable attempts at creating triggers, to no avail.

Edit -
After more testing trialing.. I DO have them spawning on the map using a trigger... but they totally ignore players and swim off to north.. they actually become 'land sharks' and swim up and away on land lol think that's more about the custom map than the code though.                                           
                                                    Still need a little help in getting them to be menacing presence.

Thanks in advance for any insights

Edited by Numbat177
update