cosmic10r

Hidden Selections for accessories

I'm not a modeler and was wondering how hard it is to setup hidden selections in o2.

Reason I ask is I would be love to be able to retexture accessories but they dont have HSs.

How much work would it be to add these HSs to the models and/or what are the chances BI could release these p3ds to someone to add them... even if they had to be rebinarized after...

Just curious if i should give up hope lol

33 minutes ago, roberthammer said:

I been asking this for a long time but i got the same answer each time "not possible" which is a PITA when you doing reskin variations of the same thing

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82480

Wow... you aren't kidding. You have been asking for that for a long time... 

I wonder how long it would take to do them all... 

On 12/13/2017 at 7:50 AM, cosmic10r said:

I wonder how long it would take to do them all...

It's not a matter of adding the selections to the models.

The game engine doesn't support changing textures on attachment models at all. You can't add hiddenSelectionsTextures to custom attachment models either

Attachment models not simulated in the same way as other objects in the game, and model.cfg data is seemingly not recognised at all, on them. Apart from bipods, which have support for two animation sources, but still the sections[] array is ignored.

Changing the way that other attachment types are simulated, is the non-trivial part which we are unlikely to see changed in A3 now that it's approaching the end of development.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

It's not a matter of adding the selections to the models.

The game engine doesn't support changing textures on attachment models at all. You can't add hiddenSelectionsTextures to custom attachment models either

Attachment models not simulated in the same way as other objects in the game, and model.cfg data is seemingly not recognised at all, on them. Apart from bipods, which have support for two animation sources, but still the sections[] array is ignored.

Changing the way that other attachment types are simulated, is the non-trivial part which we are unlikely to see changed in A3 now that it's approaching the end of development.

@da12thMonkey  Ahhh. That helps me understand it better. Tis a shame but now I know. Cheers! 

I wanna say here that I have been pursuing this possibility for years now but, with no success either.