diwako

[RELEASE] STALKER-like anomalies

Just now, soronelite said:

Nice :)
Will you add support for custom gasmask or others items ? (Like suit, etc.)

Like the anomaly detector item and bolt item (script version only) you will be able to define "gasmasks" goggles. So that means the goggles slot and not the helmet slot!

Right now all supported masks out of the box are these, if you are running other gas mask mods, please give me the mod details or provide the gasmask classes and i will add them.

["GP5_RaspiratorPS","GP5Filter_RaspiratorPS","GP7_RaspiratorPS","GP21_GasmaskPS","SE_S10","G_Respirator_white_F","MASK_M40_OD","MASK_M40","MASK_M50"];

I'm having strange bug with addon version, where I can't see visual FX of anomalies, though they do kill or teleport me, as well as I can see some light effects when hitting with a bolt.

Just now, MJRamon said:

I'm having strange bug with addon version, where I can't see visual FX of anomalies, though they do kill or teleport me, as well as I can see some light effects when hitting with a bolt.

Have you enabled the cba setting in the eden?

7564F213385246092BBE50386AC6843C1F3BFE98

3 hours ago, diwako said:

Have you enabled the cba setting in the eden?

7564F213385246092BBE50386AC6843C1F3BFE98

Oh, that was kinda counter-intuitive. Thank you :)

2 minutes ago, MJRamon said:

Oh, that was kinda counter-intuitive. Thank you :)

The idea behind this is to allow communities to use it per mission basis. There is some sub routine running in the background of every client if it is enabled, I did not want that to run all the time if the mod is loaded. It should be a conscious decision for the mission maker if you want to use this mod in your mission or not.

Fog anomaly has been added to mod version and script version!
You can spawn it via zeus, script or eden module!
Zeus integration needs the mod Achilles!
Spawning with script is possible like this on server:

[_position(pos ATL!), _radius(number), _isRectangle(Boolean)] call anomaly_fnc_createFog

Eden module, just place it down and edit it as you like. However, for the area set Size A and B the same. Only Size A will be used for the radius, it is sadly a technical limitation!

Support for gasmasks added for fog anomaly. If you wear a defined gasmask the fog anomaly cannot hurt you! You can define them in the Addon options in eden!

E86D91B341B519780DB8C4F3D7A049A2498AEBE4

• Like 3

Perfect thanks !

To bring it closer to STALKER, any chance to have Emission ? 

(+ item for protection and maybe be able to protect ourself by hidding in building ? Or add a module to define a safe zone/building/vehicles ?) (Sumrak did it on his Arma 2 Namalsk)

Could you add the ability to have others items to protect from the fog ? (The more item you have, like gasmak + suit, the less you take damage ? Like the radiation sector on the Ravage mod)

Thanks again and best regards :)

7 minutes ago, soronelite said:

Perfect thanks !

To bring it closer to STALKER, any chance to have Emission ? 

(+ item for protection and maybe be able to protect ourself by hidding in building ? Or add a module to define a safe zone/building/vehicles ?) (Sumrak did it on his Arma 2 Namalsk)

Could you add the ability to have others items to protect from the fog ? (The more item you have, like gasmak + suit, the less you take damage ? Like the radiation sector on the Ravage mod)

Thanks again and best regards :)

I already do have a fully functional blowout in my stalker inspired mission. The issue is, that it is tightly tied to my dynamic weather and psy system. It has as you say, safe zones and all of that, but the problem is detaching it from all of that. I have no plans for radiation right now as there are already several systems and I do not feel like throwing another system out there.

3 hours ago, diwako said:

I already do have a fully functional blowout in my stalker inspired mission. The issue is, that it is tightly tied to my dynamic weather and psy system. It has as you say, safe zones and all of that, but the problem is detaching it from all of that. I have no plans for radiation right now as there are already several systems and I do not feel like throwing another system out there.

Oh nice ! I hope you'll be able to add emisions !

And I was not asking to add radiation, but to be able to have other protections gear against the fog, not only mask, but be able to combine mask with suit etc.

Just pushed an update to the script and mod version!

Reduced netword traffic when spawning in large anomaly fields
ACE requirement for burner anomaly removed, everyone should be able to see it now!

As usually, mod can be found here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383903166

Source code and script only version on GitHub

https://github.com/diwako/stalker_anomalies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some small sneak peak *fizzing sounds*

7A21DB34F9682C36F9CA683D5FACE7817E2C3500

• Like 1

Mod and script just updated!

Added Fruit Punch anomaly!
Added new bolt icon (mod only)
Added authors to bolt items (mod only)

FD770F1A46FCDD821C26DD2F2615C3EFB9A4464A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey I am looking for translators.

Right now I am prepping some fixes (especially for those who are running battleeye), small code optimizations and translations and I would need your help.Currently I am looking for any language that is not German or English.

For those who are interested here is the String table

https://github.com/diwako/stalker_anomalies/blob/translations/mod/diwako_anomalies/stringtable.xml

You can either make a pull request, sent me some private message on here, write in this thread, contact me on steam or on discord (diwako#7777).

The mod version just updated!

Fixed anomalies not working correctly on servers with battle eye
Corrected bolt bag weight
Reduced cooldown on active anomalies
English, German and Russian translations
Fixed sounds overwriting TitleText text
Change in license

Thanks to REALM (Препод) and Necrossin for bugfixes and translations!

Download as always at the workshop

Link

I am still seeking translators who want to contribute, contact info is one post above.

Mod version just updated!

Performance update!
Fiddled a bit with the anomaly triggers, now they are deactivated if no player is near!

Check out the new CBA setting!

Server key has been updated due to a system crash of mine, sorry about that!

lZXTJUH.png

Link to Steamworkshop page

Again thanks to REALM for testing and contributing.

And thanks to GitHub user Katalam for spotting some mistake in the string table!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@diwako Thanks in advance for any response. Would you have any idea why in MP testing on a dedicated server the anomalies register on the detector, I get the warning tone etc when nearby but the visual and damage effects for the anomaly do not appear for clients? Cheers.

3 hours ago, Dag1355 said:

@diwako Thanks in advance for any response. Would you have any idea why in MP testing on a dedicated server the anomalies register on the detector, I get the warning tone etc when nearby but the visual and damage effects for the anomaly do not appear for clients? Cheers.

Hey,

Can you answer me some questions, so I can get a clearer picture:

Are your running the latest CBA mod?

Have you enabled the mod in the CBA settings menu or enabled it via other means?

Are you running battle eye?

If you are running battle eye do you block some commands or functions?

Are you running any medical mod such as ACE medical or any other?
Running any other mods?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diwako said:

Hey,

Can you answer me some questions, so I can get a clearer picture:

Are your running the latest CBA mod?

Have you enabled the mod in the CBA settings menu or enabled it via other means?

Are you running battle eye?

If you are running battle eye do you block some commands or functions?

Are you running any medical mod such as ACE medical or any other?
Running any other mods?

I followed through on your questions. After running through the server a dew times it turned out there was a CBA miss match between the server and clients. That seems to be the root of the problem. Thanks very much for the quick response. Excellent mod!

Hi! I was wondering if you were planning on making this mod compatible with Zeus Enhanced (ZEN) since Achillies has since been discontinued.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:11 AM, Tarkus89 said:

Hi! I was wondering if you were planning on making this mod compatible with Zeus Enhanced (ZEN) since Achillies has since been discontinued.

The gist of it is I am currently really busy with IRL stuff. You could say this mod is currently not being developed because of that. However I do check if people make pull requests or want to contribute somehow to the things I have on my GitHub.

Greetings Stalkers!

Diwako, what you think about adding a emission script that can work with ACE3, based in the original emission from STALKER Call of Pripyat. 

I know that we have the Namalsk script, but it's old and don't work in the same way as the original version from stalker. In the game, we have npcs warning us in the radio and you can see others npcs running to find cover (you can make this work based in the one that makes the vampires take cover during the day).

On 3/17/2021 at 7:43 PM, thebraziliansoldier said:

Greetings Stalkers!

Diwako, what you think about adding a emission script that can work with ACE3, based in the original emission from STALKER Call of Pripyat. 

I know that we have the Namalsk script, but it's old and don't work in the same way as the original version from stalker. In the game, we have npcs warning us in the radio and you can see others npcs running to find cover (you can make this work based in the one that makes the vampires take cover during the day).

Huh, I wonder why I did not get a notification of a new post in this thread.

First of thanks for replying. I do have made some emission scripts, yet never released them as they did not really encompass everything, merely just the player side of things. AI so far was a none concern and the way the emission worked was as well a none concern. E.g. not every building would work as shelter, just specific ones as these blow outs were part of a mission theme and to drive players to a certain point during the mission.

Besides, it would probably break a lot of AI behavior if I were to make them try and seek shelter. So I doubt there will be a script that will do exactly what everyone want it to do.

Also, Drongo made the vampires, not me, I made other agent/ai things that i never bothered to show or release 😉