Sign in to follow this  
DEV614

Can't get MenuPosition respawn template to work

I've added the following to my description.ext:

respawn = 3;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;

All of my markers are named appropriately, (respawn_westFOB) yet whenever I die, I just get teleported to one of my respawn position - the menu itself never pops up. I've also tried setting the respawn settings up in the editor under the Multiplayer Attributes to no avail... I really don't see what I'm doing wrong. I've had this exact same set up work for me before in a different mission. What's changed?

Have tested on a blank mission with nothing but markers named "respawn_west_1" and then so on, and the menu does not pop up. I've tried using the description.ext to activate the template, and I tried using the in-game Eden Attributes menu under the Multiplayer section to adjust the respawn settings, which did nothing. It just respawns me on the markers, so it's recognizing them as respawn markers, it just won't open the menu to where I can select where I want to spawn.

I have the same as you in my desciption.ext file but I also have this.

respawnDialog = 1;

And everything works for my sector control mission.

Cheers

8 hours ago, cb65 said:

I have the same as you in my desciption.ext file but I also have this.

respawnDialog = 1;

And everything works for my sector control mission.

Cheers

I just added that line and still nothing. :L

I'm literally playing Arma with 0 mods loaded, on a new mission I created on Stratis with nothing but a playable unit, the respawn markers, and a description.ext in the mission file. I have no idea why this isn't working. I'm a moderately-experienced mission maker so I've explored any avenue I can think of. I just updated my game + server yesterday as well so I know an update isn't the issue. I've already added a ticket, but I'm gonna keep attempting to get this thing to work.

Thank you for trying to help!

I can get the menu to open when calling the BIS_fnc_showRespawnMenu function, but it doesn't do anything and you have to call the function again to close it, plus it won't automatically do it upon death. I'm very confused now. :/

Here's a picture of the test mission folder next to the description.ext opened:

descriptiontestfolder.PNG

and here's a YouTube video of the test mission, though I've discovered why it wasn't working. You must have a respawn delay. Once I added a delay, it worked no problem.