hellvor

I need an answer

I have a legitimate question and that my friends is, Why the F*** does this game still have so many damn errors/bugs??

I understand that:

Yes, games have bugs - But they usually get fixed at some point
Yes, Modding can cause bugs - But these bugs are not from modding

Triple A companies have some of the best employees and workers to fix problems.....

So why on Earth does Arma 3 STILL have the same problems as Arma 2 did  8 years ago......

After so many years you would think they would have come to some sort of fix or patch or SOMETHING.... im a very tolerate person.... and i know some things take time... but 8 years??

Guess you've these choices:

• Point out your bugs in detail, make proper bug reports to BI and offer constructive criticism
  • Learn how to code and start working on fixes, which you can contribute to BI or the community
  • Don't play the game

Which choices you don't have (if you want that improvement will happen at least):

• Open a thread with a meaningless title in the Forums and just throw out undetailed phreases and comparisons
  • Think that developers (not only BI or mod creators) have to make their content exactly as you personally wish

As you don't mention details I can't say anything to your "kind of topic" here.

But I had also choices..... I could've ignored your thread, laugh at you, swear at you or something...... but that wouldn't help you or the situation. So I decided to answer you in a way which could help you to improve your criticism behaviour and therefore also increase the chance that your criticism will be heard and recognized, so that you can benefit from it. I suggest you do the same and choose productive/constructive ways to provide your criticism in the forums.

Currently you're doing nothing else than "throwing shit".

• Like 1

Ok mr forum master..... i will comply but i know we all agree that there are very common and known bugs that arma has that has never been worked on.....

Memory Loss error
Battle-eye not Responding bug

Here are the 2 most common and repeating offenders.

You can respond if you wish but there are choices you don't have:

• Saying it is my computer's fault, my setup, my version of windows, Ram Choice, Speed etc...  (It happens to everyone across all systems and setups)
  • Saying reinstall Battle-eye or the game itself...  (Again it happens to everyone, between that post and this one, I have removed the game itself, all mods and did a fresh install.... got the same bug)

38 minutes ago, hellvor said:

Ok mr forum master..... i will comply but i know we all agree that there are very common and known bugs that arma has that has never been worked on.....

Memory Loss error
Battle-eye not Responding bug

Here are the 2 most common and repeating offenders.

You can respond if you wish but there are choices you don't have:

• Saying it is my computer's fault, my setup, my version of windows, Ram Choice, Speed etc...  (It happens to everyone across all systems and setups)
  • Saying reinstall Battle-eye or the game itself...  (Again it happens to everyone, between that post and this one, I have removed the game itself, all mods and did a fresh install.... got the same bug)

• BattleEye is a third party anti-cheat providing service who have been successful in catching hackers.
    • A few non-responding messages from time to time is something I don't mind due to the majority of the time it works and catches like I said before hackers.
    • This isn't BiS`s fault that these messages/errors occur due to it being out of their control.
  • Memory Loss errors, as @Wyqer stated make a constructive bug report on BiS Phabricator 
    • Provide screenshots/vods/.rpt logs + detailed description of the error your having.

A little effort can go far and help the developers fix major/minor errors with the game if it's in their hands to fix it. Complaining about a game which offers a platform for modders to fully modify the game into whatever they desire is shabby. The ArmA franchise is probably the only game I've come across which has a thriving modding community for a game of it's kind.

Uninstall the game if you're unhappy with the game.

• Like 3

The point im trying to make here is that even after 8 years of Arma 2 + 3, these two errors / bugs occur, even with thousands of people reporting them since day one.

I cant fathom the idea that Triple A companies can go this long with all the provided screenshots from everyone to yet to find a fix.