Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2/18/2019 at 9:48 AM, Kraft0824 said:

I almost done every step in "Setup Guide" and my server everything work but I still have some little problem about "server.Arma3Profile".

 

Where "server.Arma3Profile" should I copy?
I can't find "Users" Folder in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3" so I put "server.Arma3Profile" in "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\Users\user".
https://imgur.com/a/LyKsN2b

 

I sure "thirdPersonView" set 1 but I can't enable third person in game.

@Kraft0824
From the picture you've shown, the "server.Arma3Profile" directory is correct.
Solution that i can think of:
1- Double check your arma3server.exe/arma3server_x64.exe launch parameter. (ex: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=User -name=user -bepath=D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\User\BattlEye -serverMod=@Apex -filePatching -autoInit -enableHT
2. change the name of "server.Arma3Profile" to "user.Arma3Profile". (which i can see from the posted picture that this is might be the cause)!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the TFAR issue, im not sure if that issue was resolved at the beginning of this thread, but TFAR has changed since its creation that the only need it has to operate is a physical radio object being placed in the players inventory. However, zues placing a box full of these radio works, the radio is immediatly deleted from the Player's radio slot, as well as the radio backpack. Is this just an object whitelisting issue? 
Same goes for ACE, ACE works fine minus the Ace medical supplies, which cant be placed in the players inventory. The ACE settings can be changed so the Framework's down state does not interfere with the ACE down state, but the medical supplies are the most important part of that, as it replaced the normal FAKs with bandages and morphine, which is then blacklisted from the players inventory. Is there a place to change these blacklisted items?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, QS, I tried to get rid of Achilles in the comments, but it didn't work. Can you give me some advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:50 AM, PipTheGrunt said:

As for the TFAR issue, im not sure if that issue was resolved at the beginning of this thread, but TFAR has changed since its creation that the only need it has to operate is a physical radio object being placed in the players inventory. However, zues placing a box full of these radio works, the radio is immediatly deleted from the Player's radio slot, as well as the radio backpack. Is this just an object whitelisting issue? 
Same goes for ACE, ACE works fine minus the Ace medical supplies, which cant be placed in the players inventory. The ACE settings can be changed so the Framework's down state does not interfere with the ACE down state, but the medical supplies are the most important part of that, as it replaced the normal FAKs with bandages and morphine, which is then blacklisted from the players inventory. Is there a place to change these blacklisted items?

 

you will have to disable the arsenal whitelisting/blacklisting in parameters, in order to use modded gear without further effort/editing.

 

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/%40Apex_cfg/parameters.sqf#L62

 

change that value to 0.

 

Making use of the whitelisting/blacklisting feature in addition to using modded gear will take extra effort to add those desired items to the respective whitelist/blacklist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E47ACE316E00AF01E80B8FA2BEF5BBC3231CED02

Updated to 1.1.4 (Dev Build)

Role Selection System

This update brings us a 'beta' development build, primarily testing a new scripted system to replace the vanilla Role Assignment Lobby with an ingame alternative, alleviating the need to abort to lobby to change roles, and adding a lot of flexibility for custom missions involving changing roles, locking/unlocking of enemy/opfor slots, etc.

 

- [ADDED] Role Selection System.
- [TWEAKED] Replaced "select" with "#" in most active server/client scripted systems.
- [TWEAKED] Micro optimizations to main client scripts.
- [TWEAKED] Small optimization to player object namespace for UI data.
- [TWEAKED] It was possible to use vehicle Manual Fire mode to bypass the base safezone protections.
- [TWEAKED] AI skills boosted slightly for Regular and Veteran AI.
- [FIXED] Easter Egg helicopters could de-spawn with players inside!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to 1.1.4 (Release Candidate 1)

 

Applying bug fixes and tweaks to the 1.1.4 build. When it is polished we will release as 1.1.5.

 

- [TWEAKED] Role selection pause menu button now hidden when disabled in parameters.
- [TWEAKED] OPFOR slots hidden when not available, by default.
- [TWEAKED] Role menu player list shows all players now, instead of only those in the selected faction.
- [TWEAKED] Added a "Close" button to Role menu.
- [TWEAKED] OPFOR players have Role menu access when respawning.
- [FIXED] 1.1.4 patch broke the ability to respawn at FOB instead of base.
- [FIXED] Script error related to vehicle access and use of the new # command.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to 1.1.4 (Release Candidate 2)

 

More bug fixes and tweaks ahead of the Stable build release

 

- [TWEAKED] Reduced slightly AI skills on Tanoa, raised slightly AI skills on Altis/Malden.
- [TWEAKED] CAS pilots will have Role menu appear on respawn, instead of having to run long distance to access at an Arsenal crate.
- [TWEAKED] If you are a gunner in an armed offroad and get incapacitated, you'll be knocked out of the vehicle instead of remain on the gun.
- [FIXED] widthRailway config error when joining server.
- [FIXED] Arsenal could sometimes display gear for a role different to yours.
- [FIXED] Enemy transport helos would regularly de-spawn after dropping soldiers.
- [FIXED] Transport leaderboard was broken in 1.1.4 update.
- [FIXED] A Classic mode enemy HQ had a white flag instead of faction flags.
- [FIXED] Bug with players unable to join roles which were close to capacity. Ex. sniper (1 / 2)
- [REMOVED] Ear collector leaderboard (network optimization).
- [REMOVED] Obsolete leaderboard player registration code (network optimization).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to 1.1.6

Role Whitelisting & Performance

In this patch the core focus was on introducing Role Whitelisting to the new Role Selection System. Also included are many bug fixes, tweaks and significant performance improvements.

 

- [ADDED] Role Whitelisting for Role Selection System.
- [ADDED] Parameter option for Ambient Civilians.
- [ADDED] Parameter option for Ambient Animals.
- [ADDED] 2 New buttons to Role Selection menu (Arsenal + Group).
- [TWEAKED] When over 50 players on server, Ambient Animals and Ambient Civilians are disabled regardless of parameter option, to preserve performance during peak demand.
- [TWEAKED] Implemented improved "switchLight" command.
- [TWEAKED] Implemented new command "lnbSetTooltip" to role selection system menu lists.
- [TWEAKED] AI Tank gunners more likely to attack player-occupied buildings.
- [TWEAKED] Capped ability for client to spam "Jump" animation net messages.
- [TWEAKED] Role Selection System documentation in the file "documentation\role selection system.txt" for role whitelisting.
- [FIXED] (Bigly network optimization) Removed beta net code for new Roles system.
- [FIXED] Server-spawned UAV turrets would be deleted when the UAV operator used them and then left the slot.
- [FIXED] Server script error in robocop AFK auto-kick system.
- [FIXED] Server script error when initializing Group Management system.
- [FIXED] Client script error when opening the Virtual Arsenal system.
- [REMOVED] Game bug workaround for date year sync issue, as BIS has fixed it internally.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to 1.1.6 Hotfix 1

Arsenal fix

- [FIXED] Arsenal bug (displaying gear for incorrect role when using whitelisting or blacklisting).

- [FIXED] HVT could not be captured.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Inventory Editor worked even on destroyed vehicles.
- [FIXED] Artillery Computer parameter was not working since 1.1.4.
- [FIXED] Fighter pilot could not activate Simple Object planes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I can't use Zeus, hint:

Curator Module initialization failed. Please abort to server browser and reconnect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on the FOBs system, improving it and making it easier to create custom FOBs.

 

Also preparing to integrate the Contact Expansion content, including terrain port to Livonia.

 

YouTube series covering editing/customization will follow in the next couple months.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Quicksliver!I found custom init code not working on respawning vehicle,these are the codes I added on the respawning vehinle:

0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {this addeventhandler["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1;}];},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

Is there any problems with my codes?

In addition,how could I use custom weather in the mission?I want to play some foggy tasks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, luminous815 said:

Hello Quicksliver!I found custom init code not working on respawning vehicle,these are the codes I added on the respawning vehinle:

0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {this addeventhandler["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1;}];},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

Is there any problems with my codes?

In addition,how could I use custom weather in the mission?I want to play some foggy tasks.

 

Hi, to disable internal weather system, you need to set this variable to FALSE

 

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L558

 

For this block

 

0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {this addeventhandler["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1;}];},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

 

"this" is not recognized in that context (the { ... } is called from another script, not editor init field).

 

you need to change it to _this

 

so this block would be correct:

 

0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {_this addeventhandler["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1;}];},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

 

also you may encounter a locality issue with "setVehicleAmmo", since the { ... } is only executed on server.

 

the solution might be like this

0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {
		[
			[_this],
			{
				(_this # 0) addEventHandler ["Fired",{ if (local (_this # 0)) then { (_this # 0) setVehicleAmmo 1;};}];
			}
		] remoteExec ['call',0,_this];
	},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

Hi, to disable internal weather system, you need to set this variable to FALSE

 

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L558

 

For this block

 


0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {this addeventhandler["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1;}];},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

 

"this" is not recognized in that context (the { ... } is called from another script, not editor init field).

 

you need to change it to _this

 

so this block would be correct:

 


0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {_this addeventhandler["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1;}];},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

 

also you may encounter a locality issue with "setVehicleAmmo", since the { ... } is only executed on server.

 

the solution might be like this


0 = [
    this,
    30,
    false,
    {
		[
			[_this],
			{
				(_this # 0) addEventHandler ["Fired",{ if (local (_this # 0)) then { (_this # 0) setVehicleAmmo 1;};}];
			}
		] remoteExec ['call',0,_this];
	},
    50,
    50,
    -1,
    true
] call QS_fnc_registerVehicle;

 

I tried in my server,seems like eventHandler can not use in this block.But now I can add weapons for the vehicles,thank you for your reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi QS,  

I have a question for the squad IFF system in your framework, 

I don't know how to call this blue team hexagon identification marker in your code, It will be appeared when players who take

 GPS in same squad.

 

Can I close this marker in my server? If yes, Which file/script can I found the setting for this marker?

 

 

And, Really like your I&A maps, Thank you for your Great job! 

 

 

65iSDao.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fubukiiwanami said:

Hi QS,  

I have a question for the squad IFF system in your framework, 

I don't know how to call this blue team hexagon identification marker in your code, It will be appeared when players who take

 GPS in same squad.

 

Can I close this marker in my server? If yes, Which file/script can I found the setting for this marker?

 

 

And, Really like your I&A maps, Thank you for your Great job! 

 

 

65iSDao.jpg

 

 

Hi, thank you!

 

The easiest way is to change this line:

 

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientEventDraw3D.sqf#L155

 

To:

 

if (false) then {

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×