4 hours ago, -XFIRE- said:

Hi Quiksilver Can i remove radio addons and use TaskForceRadio on play . i don't know location file to remove.

the onscreen radio can be disabled by commenting out (or deleting) these lines

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework_beta_103.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientEventDraw3D.sqf#L29-L75

but there are also other radio things going on that would have to be removed or commented out as well.

set this variable to false:         https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework_beta_103.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientCore.sqf#L1163

these lines would have to be commented out (or deleted):

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework_beta_103.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientEventKeyDown.sqf#L76-L104

Start with those ^

There may be other things that have to be done, I don't know, it was never intended to work with mods like TFR/ACRE

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

the onscreen radio can be disabled by commenting out (or deleting) these lines

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework_beta_103.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientEventDraw3D.sqf#L29-L75

but there are also other radio things going on that would have to be removed or commented out as well.

set this variable to false:         https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework_beta_103.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientCore.sqf#L1163

these lines would have to be commented out (or deleted):

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework_beta_103.terrain/code/functions/fn_clientEventKeyDown.sqf#L76-L104

Start with those ^

There may be other things that have to be done, I don't know, it was never intended to work with mods like TFR/ACRE

Thanks. i am solve Remove the addons Radio. no RPT Log ERROR but TFAR still not work. and not switch to TFAR Chanel on Ts3.

Updated to 1.0.4

@-XFIRE- Give TFAR a try with this build. We had disabled the "callExtension" command, which may have prevented TFAR from working properly. That has been reverted, so callExtension should work again.

• Thanks 1

Hey Quicksilver, thank you for your time and effort creating this beautiful I&A framework. I keep getting this message in the server console, I can't load into the game itself, just sits there stuck on the role selection screen. 

https://gyazo.com/3983c5bb7766616c200cdbcd4eb82d30

There definitely is whitelist.sqf in the @Apex_cfg folder. I even copied the virgin version back and restarted, but it keeps popping up. I also made sure that the startup parameter was -servermod (which fixed it for @acidus but not for myself).

File patching was also enabled for all at the server side in the server.cfg file:

allowedFilePatching  = 2;    // Prevents clients with filePatching enabled from joining the server (0 = block filePatching, 1 = allow headless clients, 2 = allow all) (default: 0, recommended: 1))

2 hours ago, AlphaPill said:

Hey Quicksilver, thank you for your time and effort creating this beautiful I&A framework. I keep getting this message in the server console, I can't load into the game itself, just sits there stuck on the role selection screen. 

https://gyazo.com/3983c5bb7766616c200cdbcd4eb82d30

There definitely is whitelist.sqf in the @Apex_cfg folder. I even copied the virgin version back and restarted, but it keeps popping up. I also made sure that the startup parameter was -servermod (which fixed it for @acidus but not for myself).

File patching was also enabled for all at the server side in the server.cfg file:

allowedFilePatching  = 2;    // Prevents clients with filePatching enabled from joining the server (0 = block filePatching, 1 = allow headless clients, 2 = allow all) (default: 0, recommended: 1))

Search for -filePatching here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Needs to be in startup parameters for server. the server.cfg options are for clients.

Thanks for the quick reply. Apparently it was an issue with my host. Got it resolved and the server is running smoothly. Will make sure to report any bugs :)

1 hour ago, doctorbutts said:

Will this be updated for ACE/TFAR compatibility?

not by me, only supporting vanilla + blastcore/jsrs

others are free to get it working with ace/tfar though, just fork the git repo

Updated to 1.0.5

Change log:

[ADDED] Some documentation files.
[ADDED] Custom build kit (Editor compatibility). It should now be easy to make custom main base.
[TWEAKED] AI skill function ("code\functions\fn_serverSetAISkill.sqf").         * Tweak this file to tune your AI to your liking.
[TWEAKED] Landmine concealment and placement improved.
[TWEAKED] Classic AO defend mission, for increased enemy aggression.
[TWEAKED] Surrender interaction.
[TWEAKED] Carry interaction to fix "stuck walking after carried unit dies on my back" bug.
[FIXED] Robocop anti-troll system could sometimes trigger on player connection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got this running on a dedicated server through HostHavoc.com .  However, the AI seem very difficult even with only 1 player connected.  Is there a way for me to verify the custom difficulty paramaters are working properly?  My suspicion is that the difficulty is being defaulted to normal.  Below are the server.cfg and TCAGame.Arma3Profile values.  Please note that the server.cfg does register properly even though it is in the A3DS folder as the Commandline specifies this.

Spoiler

Server.cfg located in A3DS:

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
    class apex_framework 
    {
        //template="Apex_framework_beta_105.Altis";
        template="Apex_framework_beta_105.Tanoa";
        //template="Apex_framework_beta_105.Malden";
        difficulty="Custom";
    };
};

forcedDifficulty = "Custom";

missionWhitelist[] = {"Apex_framework_beta_104.Altis","Apex_framework_beta_104.Tanoa","Apex_framework_beta_104.Malden"};

Spoiler

TCAGame.Arma3Profile located in A3DS/Users/TCAGame:

{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            autoReport=0;
            cameraShake=1;
            commands=2;
            deathMessages=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            friendlyTags=0;
            groupIndicators=0;
            mapContent=0;
            mapContentEnemy=0;
            mapContentFriendly=0;
            mapContentMines=0;
            mapContentPing=1;
            multipleSaves=0;
            reducedDamage=0;
            scoreTable=1;
            squadRadar=2;
            staminaBar=2;
            stanceIndicator=2;
            tacticalPing=1;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            visionAid=0;
            vonID=1;
            waypoints=2;
            weaponCrosshair=2;
            weaponInfo=2;
        };
        description="Custom difficulty set by developer.";
        displayName="Custom";
        optionDescription="Custom difficulty set by the player.";
        optionPicture="\A3\Ui_f\data\Logos\arma3_white_ca.paa";
        aiLevelPreset=2;
        levelAI="AILevelLow";
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=1;
        precisionAI=0.13000001;
    };
};
version=1;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
brightness=1;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
sceneComplexity=400000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=800;
terrainGrid=25;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=10;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

On 2/10/2018 at 3:56 AM, Graphix7 said:

I got this running on a dedicated server through HostHavoc.com .  However, the AI seem very difficult even with only 1 player connected.  Is there a way for me to verify the custom difficulty paramaters are working properly?  My suspicion is that the difficulty is being defaulted to normal.  Below are the server.cfg and TCAGame.Arma3Profile values.  Please note that the server.cfg does register properly even though it is in the A3DS folder as the Commandline specifies this.

Hide contents

Server.cfg located in A3DS:

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
    class apex_framework 
    {
        //template="Apex_framework_beta_105.Altis";
        template="Apex_framework_beta_105.Tanoa";
        //template="Apex_framework_beta_105.Malden";
        difficulty="Custom";
    };
};

forcedDifficulty = "Custom";

missionWhitelist[] = {"Apex_framework_beta_104.Altis","Apex_framework_beta_104.Tanoa","Apex_framework_beta_104.Malden"};

Hide contents

TCAGame.Arma3Profile located in A3DS/Users/TCAGame:

{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            autoReport=0;
            cameraShake=1;
            commands=2;
            deathMessages=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            friendlyTags=0;
            groupIndicators=0;
            mapContent=0;
            mapContentEnemy=0;
            mapContentFriendly=0;
            mapContentMines=0;
            mapContentPing=1;
            multipleSaves=0;
            reducedDamage=0;
            scoreTable=1;
            squadRadar=2;
            staminaBar=2;
            stanceIndicator=2;
            tacticalPing=1;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            visionAid=0;
            vonID=1;
            waypoints=2;
            weaponCrosshair=2;
            weaponInfo=2;
        };
        description="Custom difficulty set by developer.";
        displayName="Custom";
        optionDescription="Custom difficulty set by the player.";
        optionPicture="\A3\Ui_f\data\Logos\arma3_white_ca.paa";
        aiLevelPreset=2;
        levelAI="AILevelLow";
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=1;
        precisionAI=0.13000001;
    };
};
version=1;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
brightness=1;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
sceneComplexity=400000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=800;
terrainGrid=25;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=10;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

If you have set in server.cfg ( https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/server.cfg )

like this:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/server.cfg#L95

and also that profile above is running, then it is working properly. We override all skills anyways, so skill setting in there is not relevant.

Here is the documentation for editing AI skill:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/documentation/editing AI skill.txt

connected with this file:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_serverSetAISkill.sqf

Edit those to adjust the coefficients, paying special attention to the "aimingX" and "spotX" coefficients. Note they are broken up by terrain environment. Tanoa has its own set, while Altis/Malden have another.

It is not well documented, but _skillLevel 1 is used on most soldiers, while _skillLevel 2 is used on some (like recon soldiers and viper units), while 3-4 and 0 are used only in special cases, so focus on 1 and 2.

aimingAccuracy around 0.08-0.12 should be okay, depending on how many enemy are being engaged simultaneously.

There is no way to easily adjust the tactical-level difficulties in the framework, that is all built directly in the scripts.

Updated to 1.0.6

Beta is over! Thank you, soldiers!

Change Log:

[ADDED] AI Vehicle "Unstuck" logic.
[ADDED] AI enemy rally point logic for depleted groups.
[ADDED] Viper team logic (Classic + Sector Control).
[ADDED] AI enemy vehicle repair logic.
[ADDED] Random pylon loadouts on enemy helicopters and some jets (at random).
[ADDED] Battleye filters.
[ADDED] New enemy group config (ar team).
[TWEAKED] Default mission.sqm file is no longer used, only Custom is necessary.
[TWEAKED] Defend mission (Classic AO) AI overhaul.
[TWEAKED] AI regrouping fixed & improved.
[TWEAKED] AI driving (wheeled vehicles) tweaked and improved.
[TWEAKED] AI infantry patrol logic tweaked and improved.
[TWEAKED] AI Fire mission (UAV bomb) tweaked and improved.
[TWEAKED] AI Fire mission (Mortar) tweaked and improved.
[TWEAKED] Plane service takes 20 extra seconds.
[TWEAKED] Classic AO sub-objective randomization.
[TWEAKED] AI enemy CAS.
[TWEAKED] AI info-sharing extended.
[TWEAKED] Enemy vehicle weapon-downgrade now randomized instead of all the time.
[TWEAKED] AI enemy UAVs were not behaving properly when given a fire mission.
[TWEAKED] AI enemy CAS/UAVs were diving too low when dropping bombs in some cases.
[TWEAKED] More enemy jets will spawn when players have 2+ jets in the air.
[TWEAKED] Enemy jet spawn tempo increased when defend mission is active.
[TWEAKED] Enemy vehicle slingloading was not working well.
[FIXED] AI enemy CAS was not spawning when player count > 15.
[FIXED] AI enemy CAS force-spawn override was not working.
[FIXED] AI enemy backpack drones were spawning too far from AO.
[FIXED] CRV Bobcat can now clean up large wrecks like Blackfish.
[FIXED] Vehicle-in-Vehicle loading from Towing was not preventing incompatible load attempts (ex: Taru pod to Blackfish).
[FIXED] Vehicle-in-Vehicle + Towing could be exploited to daisy-chain vehicles.
[FIXED] AI vehicle 'evasive dismount' logic was interfering with their ability to reclaim the vehicle after it was repaired/unstuck.
[FIXED] Side mission reward aircraft could sometimes have air-to-ground missiles.
[FIXED] Screen blur on respawn after dying in freefall animation.
[FIXED] AI enemy CAS rearm delay was using wrong time measurement.
[FIXED] Enemy reinforcements (classic AO) were constrained by wrong unit-cap measurement.
[FIXED] AO illumination was not going to next AO after a defend mission.
[FIXED] Live-Feed screen was not present in Custom SQM file.

• Like 2

I made a server but I myself am not allowed to play due to "Imperfect Connection", I think this is because of my high ping and I am not sure how to disable it or lower the IP thing.

The server is hosted in the USA while I'm European, this is mostly for a bunch of friends, help, please?

Edit: After looking through the RPT file I don't think the ping is the issue, I'll upload it for the more savvy people to see what's wrong

https://pastebin.com/h9vQAYyV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jigglyy said:

I made a server but I myself am not allowed to play due to "Imperfect Connection", I think this is because of my high ping and I am not sure how to disable it or lower the IP thing.

The server is hosted in the USA while I'm European, this is mostly for a bunch of friends, help, please?

Edit: After looking through the RPT file I don't think the ping is the issue, I'll upload it for the more savvy people to see what's wrong

https://pastebin.com/h9vQAYyV

Issue resolved, was related to microsoft redistributable .dll files missing.

21 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

I know you've been working your arse off on this so congrats on the release mate.

Thanks yep, took awhile to get it out the door :) Could have published in October but it would have been unusable for others, and also of course bugs to fix and some polish was required.

• Thanks 1

To admins running this system, there is a serious bug which will affect you on March 1 (2018), related to 28 days in February. It is looking for the weekday of Feb 29 and not finding it. It will work again the following day.

To apply a temporary fix, replace this line:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L131

with this:

_QS_system_weekday = 'wed';

So, I'm not sure if this is due to my incompetence, or if I found some magic bug. Anytime I try to access an arsenal, it displays the tip about the arsenal as it were opened, but there is no arsenal menu. I have tried different supply crates, the ones with the default map, and even a replacement of the client core all to no avail.

3 hours ago, Braf Mueller said:

So, I'm not sure if this is due to my incompetence, or if I found some magic bug. Anytime I try to access an arsenal, it displays the tip about the arsenal as it were opened, but there is no arsenal menu. I have tried different supply crates, the ones with the default map, and even a replacement of the client core all to no avail.

are you trying to use the restricted arsenal in parameters? it is not functional in 1.0.6, only 1.0.7 which isnt out yet

restore the arsenal option in parameters to default and then see

1.0.7 will have both a whitelist and blacklist template to use

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

are you trying to use the restricted arsenal in parameters? it is not functional in 1.0.6, only 1.0.7 which isnt out yet

restore the arsenal option in parameters to default and then see

1.0.7 will have both a whitelist and blacklist template to use

Thank you! That did it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some Tylenol. 

• Like 1

We are working on implementing a functional Commander role to the framework, with some basic features.

Will be coming with our Tanks DLC patch early next month.

If you have ideas for a Commander role, hop on over to the discord channel in the OP or leave feedback here.

Enemy CAS will still appear after radio tower is destroyed.  Is there an option to make enemy CAS disabled while radio tower is destroyed? Also, could it be possible to add an objective to destroy enemy mortar placements?  It would work like the radio tower, search and destroy.

12 hours ago, Graphix7 said:

Enemy CAS will still appear after radio tower is destroyed.  Is there an option to make enemy CAS disabled while radio tower is destroyed? Also, could it be possible to add an objective to destroy enemy mortar placements?  It would work like the radio tower, search and destroy.

yep.

that part was changed so enemy fixed-wing is no longer controlled by radiotower. tower controls helo & armor reinforcements instead

to re-enable that, the easiest way would be to insert this line:

if (!alive QS_radioTower) exitWith {};

to the top line of this script

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_enemyCAS.sqf

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 12:30 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

yep.

that part was changed so enemy fixed-wing is no longer controlled by radiotower. tower controls helo & armor reinforcements instead

to re-enable that, the easiest way would be to insert this line:

if (!alive QS_radioTower) exitWith {};

to the top line of this script

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_enemyCAS.sqf

Awesome, thank you.  It worked perfectly!  Trying to make some finishing touches to my server running your framework before an upcoming event.  This helps a lot!

• Like 1

Can we please get an explanation regarding exactly how the Recruitable AI works?  It would seem that at certain times pilots are unable to command AI in the air field and we've simply been unable to recruit AI as Squad leader or otherwise near the ground infantry spawn.