Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/16/2019 at 3:55 PM, Wei Zhao said:

How can I use VCOM?

 

VCOM will interfere with the built in AI, its highly recommended not to use. Is there any feature in particular that you want VCOM for?

 

If you insist on using it, it should be as simple as plugging it in as a server mod, however you will likely experience adverse results with AI navigation due to conflict with built in logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

VCOM将干扰内置的AI,强烈建议不要使用它。您是否需要VCOM特别的功能?

 

如果您坚持使用它,那么它就像插入服务器mod一样简单,但是由于与内置逻辑的冲突,您可能会遇到AI导航的不利结果。

I have a lot of problems in using BE, which leads to forced withdrawal of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using QS 1.18
Looking at QS_data_vehicles.sqf most of my vehicle abandonment distance is set to 150 (at base) and 500 (away from base), but very often when the player gets out of a vehicle either at base of at the AO the vehicle respawn immediately (3-5 seconds).  Is there another value I need to be looking at for vehicle cleanup.  My _QS_cleanup_delay in fn_core.sqf is set at the default of 45.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second question,  I need to clear some player variables onPlayerRespawn.  Is there a file within the existing structure that would allow me to do that?  If not, within the existing structure, if I create an onPlayerRespawn.sqf is there anything I need to do to allow it to run, I.E.  is there anything in the existing structure that would prevent it from running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, acebelew said:

Second question,  I need to clear some player variables onPlayerRespawn.  Is there a file within the existing structure that would allow me to do that?  If not, within the existing structure, if I create an onPlayerRespawn.sqf is there anything I need to do to allow it to run, I.E.  is there anything in the existing structure that would prevent it from running?

I added my lines to fn_clientEventKilled.sqf  if this is not a good location let me know ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 3:50 AM, acebelew said:

I added my lines to fn_clientEventKilled.sqf  if this is not a good location let me know ~

 

it is a good place

 

I use fn_clientEventRespawn.sqf to reset many variables but Killed event works too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 3:12 AM, acebelew said:

I am using QS 1.18
Looking at QS_data_vehicles.sqf most of my vehicle abandonment distance is set to 150 (at base) and 500 (away from base), but very often when the player gets out of a vehicle either at base of at the AO the vehicle respawn immediately (3-5 seconds).  Is there another value I need to be looking at for vehicle cleanup.  My _QS_cleanup_delay in fn_core.sqf is set at the default of 45.

 

Is this related to side mission reward vehicles, or all vehicles?

 

If just the reward vehicles, then its a known issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

Is this related to side mission reward vehicles, or all vehicles?

 

If just the reward vehicles, then its a known issue

 

its hard to say cuz Ive noticed it being seeminly randomish?.  def noticed that vics like to despawn after towing them and then try to move out just one example I personally know of.  like take take a rewards cheetah and try and tow the ammo truck behind it would just randomly despawn it soon as I start moving out.

 

also re: unloading prisoners  The range of the unloading from a vic seems too strict?  you litteraly have to land the helo or drive a vehicle right next to the fence prison for the mission to transport the POW not to fail.  example: if you like land on a landing pad and unload the prisoner then escort him into the prison and release the POW, the escort mission fails unless you unload the POW like I said very close to the prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 6:21 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

Is this related to side mission reward vehicles, or all vehicles?

 

If just the reward vehicles, then its a known issue

Can be any vehicle,  they despawn without any real reason that I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Sycholic said:

 

its hard to say cuz Ive noticed it being seeminly randomish?.  def noticed that vics like to despawn after towing them and then try to move out just one example I personally know of.  like take take a rewards cheetah and try and tow the ammo truck behind it would just randomly despawn it soon as I start moving out.

 

also re: unloading prisoners  The range of the unloading from a vic seems too strict?  you litteraly have to land the helo or drive a vehicle right next to the fence prison for the mission to transport the POW not to fail.  example: if you like land on a landing pad and unload the prisoner then escort him into the prison and release the POW, the escort mission fails unless you unload the POW like I said very close to the prison.

sych,  the prisoner issue is not what you have stated.  When you unload prisoners sych, they need to be within 30m.  Unload them and do not move them until the mission succeeds after you get the mission success then move them into Gitmo and release,  works every time.  I have updated the diary,  to state this,  I do not know if it is live yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, acebelew said:

Can be any vehicle,  they despawn without any real reason that I can see.

 

looking into it now.

 

around base the vehicle respawn distance is quite small for all vehicles.

 

away from base, it depends on the type of vehicle. 

 

for instance a helicopter, will search for nearby pilots. If there aren't any pilots within the radius, the helo will despawn (even if there are non-pilots nearby).

 

for land vehicles it is more simple, checking for any players nearby.

 

this helicopter detail is to prevent situations where helis are abandoned in the field but dont respawn due to infantry players being nearby. in some cases--where lots of helis go down in the combat area--this will ensure that there are helicopters available at base.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7
 Advanced issues found
 
8
On 10/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

 

looking into it now.

 

around base the vehicle respawn distance is quite small for all vehicles.

 

away from base, it depends on the type of vehicle. 

 

for instance a helicopter, will search for nearby pilots. If there aren't any pilots within the radius, the helo will despawn (even if there are non-pilots nearby).

 

for land vehicles it is more simple, checking for any players nearby.

 

this helicopter detail is to prevent situations where helis are abandoned in the field but dont respawn due to infantry players being nearby. in some cases--where lots of helis go down in the combat area--this will ensure that there are helicopters available at base.

 

 

I will do some more testing as well and try to get specifics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, acebelew said:

sych,  the prisoner issue is not what you have stated.  When you unload prisoners sych, they need to be within 30m.  Unload them and do not move them until the mission succeeds after you get the mission success then move them into Gitmo and release,  works every time.  I have updated the diary,  to state this,  I do not know if it is live yet.

 

yeah the thing is like I said people unloading them too far away 30m isnt that much esp if you putting the huron down.  Simple solution is just load them into a quad or any vic near the fence then unload them again.  I only brought it up because the marked helo pads that people should land at are not even close.  (maybe add a pad next to it in that open spot? just an idea)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×