On 11/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

hey, good question

the Eden Editor is for you to do custom stuff. the framework generates default systems from files. if you want to create a custom base for instance, you simply toggle the relevant setting in "parameters.sqf" to disable the default base, and then get busy in the eden editor, using the provided map markers in Eden editor, and the documentation folder (to do respawning vehicles for instance).

I may do a tutorial vid on how to 'quickly' create a custom base

to find out how it all initializes, this is one of the first files here

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_init.sqf

and then the base eventually gets generated from this data file

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/config/QS_data_missionobjects.sqf

the documentation folder provided has solutions to most of the basics

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/tree/master/Apex_framework.terrain/documentation

for example, adding respawning vehicles using the built in vehicle respawn system

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/documentation/adding respawning vehicles.txt

In my opinion the framework is not for arma beginners. it is complex, extremely detailed and robust in multiplayer, however the cost of that is simplicity and a learning curve

Thanks for the reply :3, Turns out I was pretty close to figuring that out myself lol

I think the major thing I want to learn is how to put in is my own side missions, more than anything else I want to change. And if possible could I would like to add the possibility of vehicle compositions to spawn in for the enemy's, randomly in the AO.

I really do just jump in to the deep end of loads of things lol

• Like 1

Updated to 1.3.5

Inventory saving, stability & maintenance

[ADDED] Inventory Edit/Save/Load (for crates and vehicles).
[TWEAKED] Zeus remote-controlled units can now Jump and Holster Weapon.
[TWEAKED] Zeus can now (numpad 1) ungarrison previously garrisoned AI (allow them to walk again).
[TWEAKED] Zeus AI Suppressive Fire (numpad 6) to attempt Suppressive Fire even with no specific target.
[TWEAKED] Explosion effects.
[TWEAKED] Blindfold & CBRN mask effects.
[TWEAKED] Increased radius for inventory editing areas.
[FIXED] Players could not mount slat armor at service points.

This is a great game mode and I enjoy the base game. 
The Vehicle inventory system is brilliant and I was looking for it to implement in other game modes, is that ok, and if so where could I find it?

On 2/8/2023 at 11:51 AM, Romnipotent said:

This is a great game mode and I enjoy the base game. 
The Vehicle inventory system is brilliant and I was looking for it to implement in other game modes, is that ok, and if so where could I find it?

hey glad you enjoy!

can you elaborate, maybe with a screenshot or something. there are several overlapping systems and i dont know which you mean 🙂

On 2/11/2023 at 10:43 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

hey glad you enjoy!

can you elaborate, maybe with a screenshot or something. there are several overlapping systems and i dont know which you mean 🙂

The Icon and interaction is helpful but the other 2 images have features that are very handy.
r4eztmo.jpeg

The Load/Delete, and the save, loadout feature for quick vehicle re-equiping make for quick unit setups, especially when vehicles are lost. Was looking into implementing this in some way or another for other game modes.
956yGvk.jpeg

This editor is a huge help as well, for getting vehicles, especially larger ones, ready for engagements. Having this available in other game modes would allow quicker setups as well in other game modes, just looking at getting it working outside of I&A.
rrs6HsM.jpeg

On 2/15/2023 at 9:14 PM, Romnipotent said:

The Icon and interaction is helpful but the other 2 images have features that are very handy.

The Load/Delete, and the save, loadout feature for quick vehicle re-equiping make for quick unit setups, especially when vehicles are lost. Was looking into implementing this in some way or another for other game modes.
956yGvk.jpeg

This editor is a huge help as well, for getting vehicles, especially larger ones, ready for engagements. Having this available in other game modes would allow quicker setups as well in other game modes, just looking at getting it working outside of I&A.

that particular one is not in the vanilla framework, likely another modder has created it for their own server

Updated to 1.5.0

Logistics, base building mechanics & new player interactions

* Due to the massive number of code changes, 1.5.0 is in beta. Expect bugs, fixes, etc.

[ADDED] Extended Context action menu (Windows key).
[ADDED] Towing
[ADDED] Pylon Loadout Editor
[ADDED] Quick Build System (Sandbags, etc)
[ADDED] Deployable bases, vehicles, logistics & weapons systems.
[ADDED] Wreck Recovery.
[ADDED] Weapon lasers (beta).
[ADDED] Bobcat/Tractor/Quadbike configured with forklift capabilities.
[ADDED] Emergency Parachute for flying/falling vehicles.
[ADDED] Mortar Gunner role can assemble a "Lite" disposable Mortar with 1 backpack.
[ADDED] Increased glide distance when parajumping.
[ADDED] Aircraft can now roll backward when on ground or carrier deck (use "moveback" key, usually )
[ADDED] Alternate UI mode for progress visualization system.
[ADDED] Altitude controls for UAVs (page up/down) including landing mode.
[ADDED] Stealth Mode for MH-9 Hummingbird (passive countermeasure mode).
[ADDED] Vehicle Locking (driver seat and inventory).
[ADDED] Extra weather parameters.
[ADDED] Laser color customization menu.
[ADDED] Face customization menu.
[TWEAKED] Jets have extra gun ammo and extra flares.
[TWEAKED] Overhauled safezone system.
[TWEAKED] New vehicle service now rearms large magazines much faster.
[TWEAKED] Players can eject from steerable parachutes with their Eject key binding.
[TWEAKED] Base Artillery no longer locks/ejects the Gunner after shells depleted.
[TWEAKED] Static Weapons can now be carried and Loaded into vehicles, similar to ammo crates.
[TWEAKED] Static Titan Launchers (AT/AA) have increased ammo.
[TWEAKED] Vehicles with camo-net on have a chance to passively defeat missile lock.
[TWEAKED] Stealth aircraft have a chance to passively defeat missile lock.
[TWEAKED] Vehicles with slat armor on have improved survivability.
[TWEAKED] Car siren turns off when vehicle owner exits vehicle.
[TWEAKED] Old Towing system (now only handles Mounting).
[TWEAKED] Prowler LSV can now fire both AT and AA Titan missiles, and their default magazine capacity has been increased.
[TWEAKED] UGV Stomper now gets "packed for transport" when being slingloaded or transported in cargo to mitigate game desync issues.
[TWEAKED] Pilot can disable passengers opening/closing Ramp with [Tab] key (Same as fastrope toggle).
[TWEAKED] Force AI to dismount/mount vehicle (Custom User Action 15).
[TWEAKED] Vehicle collisions now more survivable (Car/Tank/Boat).
[TWEAKED] Cargo load/unload interaction for increased flexibility.
[TWEAKED] Earplugs system.
[TWEAKED] How game detects nighttime (for scripted lighting).
[TWEAKED] Player can adjust adaptive distance for convoy cruise control driving and AI convoy separation.
[TWEAKED] UAV/UGV headlights and collision lights can now be turned on/off manually by operator.
[TWEAKED] Player 3D cursor tags and icons.
[TWEAKED] Destroyer hangar bay would launch/retract helicopters into predictable collisions.
[TWEAKED] Hatches can only be opened/closed from inside the building.
[TWEAKED] Zeus-spawned units can be recruited by players of the same faction.
[TWEAKED] Zeus can turn on/off vehicle lights & sirens, and selectable street lamps ( Headlights keybind when object selected ).
[TWEAKED] General script optimisations.
[FIXED] Some issues with FOB resupply detection.
[FIXED] Flares ignited from sub-munitions were not despawning.
[FIXED] VTOL throttle bug. (workaround, not fix as its an arma issue).
[FIXED] Sit-down interaction would fail if player was not looking at correct part of chair object (arma bug).
[FIXED] Duplication bug in Magazine Repack affecting underbarrel magazines.
[FIXED] Respawn Vehicle action was available on ammo crates and other non-respawnable vehicles.
[FIXED] Player could not use action menu if Zeus attached a task to them.
[FIXED] Players could service their own vehicle from occupied enemy support vehicles.

• Thanks 1

Updated to 1.5.1

Stability & bug fixes

* Due to the massive number of code changes, 1.5.x is still in beta. Expect bugs, fixes, etc.

[ADDED] Ability for Zeus to raise/lower placed buildings/structures/fortifications with [-] and [+] keys (on selected structures).
[TWEAKED] Improved vehicle cargo capacity handling (Work in progress)
[TWEAKED] Improved detection of low-light conditions/nighttime
[TWEAKED] reduced sniper chance at low pop (classic mode)
[FIXED] *Critical* Classic Mode AO does not properly cycle, enemies at prior AO not cleaned up
[FIXED] Vehicle cargo loading was uncontrolled (anything could be loaded into anything).
[FIXED] Admins were not able to lock their own group
[FIXED] Non-pilots could fly jets even when role was restricted to pilot-only in parameters.
[FIXED] Deployable virtual cargo was available even after deployable packed up.
[FIXED] Fixed bug in enemy jet pylon handling. May have been causing cascade failure in AI system and preventing AI cleanup after AO.
[FIXED] Spawn vehicle-protection zone was not functioning.

* In addition to bug fixes, we will be working on language translation and documentation in the coming days.

Updated to 1.5.3

Stability & bug fixes

[ADDED] Fire Support request system (spacebar with binoculars).
[ADDED] Parameter to 'overclock' deployment attacks. Use at own risk!
[ADDED] Parameter for AI-controlled base artillery.
[ADDED] Defensive AI to Fortification containers (FOB/combat outpost/patrol base).
[ADDED] Recruitable AI to Mobile Respawn container.
[ADDED] Parameter to disable splash menu.
[TWEAKED] Virtual cargo capacity.
[TWEAKED] Player needs to look at service vehicle to start service, when being serviced by a service asset (rather than a marker pad).
[TWEAKED] Players are now able to effectively use Arsenal on recruited AI.
[TWEAKED] UAV Operator no longer able to control Naval Artillery (replaced by fire support system).
[TWEAKED] Virtual object builder can disassemble it when no other players are nearby.
[FIXED] Deployable safezones (low security) were not working properly, rendering player invincible.
[FIXED] Unable to toggle on/off safe zones.
[FIXED] Player was unable to carry static weapons.
[FIXED] UI issue with 3D player tags.
[FIXED] Armed aircraft were becoming wrecks too often.
[FIXED] Player was able to remotely delete vehicle cargo.
[FIXED] Radio tower could spawn above ground.
[KNOWN ISSUE] Naval Artillery Mk45 Hammer may not respond to fire missions (its kinda mid).

Updated to 1.5.4

Stability & bug fixes

[FIXED] Player would die instead of becoming incapacitated.
[FIXED] Player unable to mount cage armour to tanks/apcs.
[FIXED] Player unable to load captives into vehicles.
[FIXED] Script error with AFK system.
[FIXED] Script error with Unload Cargo menu
[FIXED] Script error with UAV self-destruct handling.
[FIXED] Script error with enemy AI Direct Fire Support ability.
[FIXED] Vehicle init code could execute before mission ready.
[FIXED] Earplugs would not work properly if players volumes were set oddly.

Updated to 1.5.5

Stability & bug fixes

[DISABLED] Naval Artillery Mk45 Hammer for new Fire Support until it is fixed in future version.
[TWEAKED] BIS Dynamic Groups initialization.
[FIXED] Unload Cargo menu script would keep running after closing, creating a memory leak.
[FIXED] Player was unable to mount static weapons onto suitable vehicles.
[FIXED] Script error in UAV self destruct.
[FIXED] Script error in AI medical handling.
[FIXED] MG Tower could spawn floating.
[FIXED] Script error in client core procedure.

Hey guys,

how does people change the langurage for the arsenal, main&sub subject langurage? I need to do it on my server so i please you guys give me the answer as soon as posible!!

Have you added ability to use different factions? 

1 hour ago, jandrews said:

Have you added ability to use different factions? 

Not yet

Has anyone tried using DCO AI mods and turned off the AI difficulty?  If so, how'd it turn out. 

On 7/30/2023 at 4:16 PM, kamal141 said:

Not yet

Is this a possibility in the future?  Would elevate this mod to a higher standard. 

6 hours ago, jandrews said:

Has anyone tried using DCO AI mods and turned off the AI difficulty?  If so, how'd it turn out. 

Is this a possibility in the future?  Would elevate this mod to a higher standard. 

no idea maybe lol

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2023 at 12:59 AM, jandrews said:

theoretically easy, but ive never created anything multi faction. there isnt much demand for TvT beyond king of the hill.

you can run "playable opfor" already however, so technically it does support multi faction

Updated to 1.5.6

Stability & bug fixes

* 1.5.6 is now current Stable Build

[ADDED] Interaction to 'Pack Up' vehicles and wrecks into logistics cargo containers.
[ADDED] Interaction to set stance of guard AI (base building)
[ADDED] Parameter to adjust how often server prints general info reports to RPT log.
[TWEAKED] Various ongoing general scripting optimisations (A3 2.14)
[TWEAKED] GPS alternate mode ( Ctrl + ] ) now properly rotates player icon.
[TWEAKED] Better handling of vehicles submerged in water (drowned).
[TWEAKED] Bobcat mine clearance would spam notification messages.
[TWEAKED] Zeus can now repair vehicles and heal units, with same "revive selected unit" key binding (Numpad 7).
[TWEAKED] Zeus numpad key bindings also now have alternate corresponding Custom key binding options.
[TWEAKED] Zeus garrison function to work for ammo boxes and small objects to be placed into buildings.
[TWEAKED] Zeus Placing soldiers near Destroyer ship will now garrison them onto the ship.
[TWEAKED] Zeus Placing objects near destroyer will place them onto destroyer helipad (be careful, collision enabled!)
[TWEAKED] Zeus Placing objects under carrier will place them on ship deck directly above (if the carrier is directly above).
[TWEAKED] Zeus Placing crewed aircraft on water will put them into flight automatically.
[TWEAKED] Zeus Placing crewed aircraft while holding [Alt] will spawn them in flight.
[TWEAKED] Zeus will no longer hear strong gusty wind noise when zeus camera is at high altitude.
[TWEAKED] Zeus view distance will adjust dynamically when entering/exiting interface (syncs to "Plane" visibility setting).
[TWEAKED] Passenger in UGV Stomper can now drive the vehicle without a UAV Terminal.
[TWEAKED] Main Battle Tank cannon recoil dampening now only works when stationary.
[TWEAKED] Reduced mass of small cargo containers to allow HEMTT flatbed to carry two at once.
[TWEAKED] Recruitable AI placed in editor can be spawned on elevated surfaces.
[TWEAKED] Added AI garrison positions to cargo plaftorms.
[TWEAKED] Unarmed UGV Stomper given Forklift abilities.
[TWEAKED] Player can now use the "Eject" key binding when incapacitated in a vehicle.
[TWEAKED] Vehicle passive stealth algorithm for missile passive countermeasures.
[TWEAKED] Improved player survivability in armored vehicles.
[TWEAKED] Turning off vehicle engine clears any active cruise control.
[TWEAKED] Cargo could not be unloaded from wrecks.
[TWEAKED] Damage disabled on many fortifications.
[TWEAKED] Added build delay to sandbags setup.
[TWEAKED] Packing up and unpacking vehicles requires Repair services nearby.
[TWEAKED] The "Engine Toggle" key binding will now force AI driver to turn off vehicle engine (if player is commander).
[TWEAKED] Boats can now be unflipped.
[TWEAKED] Inflatable boats given "Forklift" ability to act as a ferry (for logistics containers, etc).
[TWEAKED] Required enemy distance for packing/unpacking deployments.
[FIXED] Player in seat of vehicle could fire when inside no-fire area.
[FIXED] Z-axis issue with spawning units in buildings (units spawning way above building and falling down).
[FIXED] Script error with group commands (Ctrl + numpad gestures).
[FIXED] Winch system could get stuck in an unbreakable script loop.
[FIXED] Using Arsenal Mode 3 in parameters would cause player to get stuck accessing Arsenal after changing roles.
[FIXED] T100X Futura tank now fires properly
[FIXED] Server would get stuck in a reboot loop if only one daily restart was set in parameters.
[FIXED] Script Errors event was not saving unique script errors properly.
[FIXED] Case sensitivity bug with enemy reinforcing in urban areas. Enemies should respawn in urban areas more reliably.
[FIXED] New logistics containers were not having their mass set correctly over MP network.
[FIXED] Tank commander (with AI driver) was unable to manage Cruise Control and Convoy Separation.
[FIXED] Winch could hook onto unwanted objects (player weapons, etc) and then remain suspended in midair.
[FIXED] Bug in Vehicle Cargo where unload menu could display non-unloadable items.
[FIXED] "Forklift" function was non-functional on packed vehicles and wrecks.
[FIXED] Malden default base respawn marker.
[FIXED] Opening vehicle parachute could cause cause upward velocity in some cases.
[FIXED] AI bug with dynamic stance adjustment (case sensitivity).
[REMOVED] Changes to the Unflip interaction and Unflip parameter.