Hi, i'm new here, i tried to put this mode on my server but i got this error

@Apex_cfg Scrip/Whitelist not found... i make everything that it discribe on the tutorial and nothing, please someone help me, i have 2 days with this error =/

Hello Quicksilver

I am a unit co-founder and have stumbled across this framework - which would be amazing for our group - however we use a ton of different mods and radio adjustments.

I was hoping to get an answer as to if we could modify the framework to use in our group - like introducing custom terrains - and such to get this to work for our needs.

If this isn't possible I totally understand but it would be nice to be able to have this kind of freedom within our group.
Hope to hear back from you soon

I've launched a public Development server while we work on adding support for the CDLC Prairie Fire.

Currently hosted at:

If you test it out, please report any bugs/glitches here or on the discord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello.

I have a very noobish question. How do I search the servers list for missions using this Apex Framework ?

I have tried filtering servers by "apex framework" in the "mission" field, but it shows no results.

Thank you.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:46 AM, Waldemar 337 said:

Hello.

I have a very noobish question. How do I search the servers list for missions using this Apex Framework ?

I have tried filtering servers by "apex framework" in the "mission" field, but it shows no results.

Thank you.

Hi, 

there is no way to do that, "Apex Framework" is everything under the hood, not used for server/mission branding.

Quiksilver,

After the most recent Arma3 client and server update (I update both yesterday 11-17-2021), I am no longer able to enter the helicopters regardless of the role (I can usually jump in as a co-pilot and assume the controls).  I am able to fly the jets as a Fighter Pilot, but not even the Transport Pilot can enter into a helicopter (not even as a passenger).

I have been playing your mod for a long time and love it!

Thanks in advanced for your help!

6 hours ago, Spartan_BlackWolf said:

Quiksilver,

After the most recent Arma3 client and server update (I update both yesterday 11-17-2021), I am no longer able to enter the helicopters regardless of the role (I can usually jump in as a co-pilot and assume the controls).  I am able to fly the jets as a Fighter Pilot, but not even the Transport Pilot can enter into a helicopter (not even as a passenger).

I have been playing your mod for a long time and love it!

Thanks in advanced for your help!

https://discord.com/channels/199761719361404928/199761719361404928/898120548574437426

Quiksilver — 2021/10/14

Just re-iterating in case anyone missed (thanks guys for speedy ID of the issue)... There is a bug in the mission due to recent arma update. To fix, simply delete these 3 lines (已编辑)

[16:10]

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L3134

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L3180

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L3200

Thanks for the quick response.  I followed those instructions and restarted my server.  I'm still having the same problem.  I opened the Eden editor, added a helicopter and a pilot and was able to fly (just to make sure the game itself is working properly).

Any other ideas?

Thanks again...!

9 hours ago, Spartan_BlackWolf said:

Thanks for the quick response.  I followed those instructions and restarted my server.  I'm still having the same problem.  I opened the Eden editor, added a helicopter and a pilot and was able to fly (just to make sure the game itself is working properly).

Any other ideas?

Thanks again...!

This worked for my server, maybe you can join the Discord channel for more help.

9 hours ago, strayer49 said:

This worked for my server, maybe you can join the Discord channel for more help.

Thanks.  I joined the channel.  I have completely re-installed the Apex framework today (and obviously made a mistake somewhere) and still can't get in a helicopter.  After the re-install, I deleted the 3 lines of code per the post above.

Is this set of command line parameters correct?  Is anything missing?

C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\arma3server_x64.exe "-profiles=c:\Games\Arma3\A3Master" -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -servermod=@apex -filePatching

I want to make sure I don't have something 'basic' that is messing up everything.

4 hours ago, Spartan_BlackWolf said:

Thanks.  I joined the channel.  I have completely re-installed the Apex framework today (and obviously made a mistake somewhere) and still can't get in a helicopter.  After the re-install, I deleted the 3 lines of code per the post above.

Is this set of command line parameters correct?  Is anything missing?

C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\arma3server_x64.exe "-profiles=c:\Games\Arma3\A3Master" -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -servermod=@apex -filePatching

I want to make sure I don't have something 'basic' that is messing up everything.

Actually, it is the mission pbo file that is the problem.

From a change in update 2.06 - 

Fixed: Players now cannot get in vehicles with disabled simulation via the action menu (scripting methods are unaffected) - FT-T157067

Are you sure you modified mission pbo and replaced the file inside the mpmission under the server? Preferably the new pbo file has a different filename.

28 minutes ago, strayer49 said:

Actually, it is the mission pbo file that is the problem.

From a change in update 2.06 - 

Fixed: Players now cannot get in vehicles with disabled simulation via the action menu (scripting methods are unaffected) - FT-T157067

Are you sure you modified mission pbo and replaced the file inside the mpmission under the server? Preferably the new pbo file has a different filename.

That was it.  It is fixed!  When I read the information above and looked at my Arma 3 server directory, I actually had a "Apex_framework.terrain" directory with the files that are in the *.pbo files.  I have since deleted that directory.

I modified the contents or each *.pbo and renamed them to xxx_119a.pbo.  I updated the server.cfg to look for the new *.pbo files and started the server.

For anyone who can't edit the *.pbo files, I uploaded a copy to my Google drive which is located here.

I just got back from a nice flight!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Spartan_Blackwolf

Vehicle simulation bug fix

Hi all, to address the above mentioned issue that appeared in the most recent arma update, regarding spawned helicopters not being enterable...

Here is a fixed copy of the file:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf

You must find that file in your copy and replace with that.

Or if you'd like to fix on your own, you need to delete three lines:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L3134

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L3180

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Apex-Framework/blob/master/Apex_framework.terrain/code/functions/fn_core.sqf#L3200

When I have some time I'll recompile those fixes into the downloadable PBOs

Hey Quik, is there a method for removing a robocop sessions bans while the session is still in play. We've had some members of our community abusing the feature to get innocents banned.

Cheers, pkisbest 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, pkisbest said:

Hey Quik, is there a method for removing a robocop sessions bans while the session is still in play. We've had some members of our community abusing the feature to get innocents banned.

Cheers, pkisbest 

hmm

There is no built in method to remove the session ban. You can apply a script command with the ingame debug console, but you'd have to dig for the code. I think its just a lookup table with a UID and a value, so setting the value to zero would reset. find index with UID.

If I may, how was it being abused?

On 1/12/2022 at 8:50 AM, IceCubeJr1998TheRealOne said:

Im getting Apex Framework servermod @Apex needs to be active

Yes, you need to have -serverMod=@apex   in the command line, and also ensure the @apex servermod is in the servers arma 3 directory.

to debug, after launching server, check the servers RPT log file. Top lines of the file will have the command line, so you can see if -serverMod is active.

I want to make it so admins have the ability to do anything and are not restricted by role selection(ie. - fly, drive, revive, use any gear, etc...) How do I disable the role requirement for admins only?

On 2/26/2022 at 3:37 AM, Zjajo said:

I want to make it so admins have the ability to do anything and are not restricted by role selection(ie. - fly, drive, revive, use any gear, etc...) How do I disable the role requirement for admins only?

There is no built in option for this sorry. it would be a good scripting exercise to create a new role and abilities for it. However part of the design philosophy of the framework was that admins are players too and blend in, so the admin tools are reasonably modest and some Zeus functionality is disabled (lightning bolt, etc)

Hello.

I have a couple of questions about the framework.

1. Is it possible to use this framework with file patching feature disabled on the server ?

If not, can the code be modified not to use file patching ?

What is it [file patching] used for ?

I have never before seen Arma missions requring this specific server feature.

Last time I wrote complicated scripts for Arma was when Arma 2 came out, so many things could have change since then.

2. Is it possible to use RHS mod with this framework instead of vanilla Arma's vehicles and units ?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Waldemar 337 said:

What is it [file patching] used for ?

Why do you want to disable it if you don't know what it does?

Lots has changed since the A2 days. The -filePatching parameter was added in A3 v1.49. In this case, it allows the server to load scripts that are unpacked, I.E. not in the mission .pbo, but, in this case, in the @Apex_cfg folder. The scripts in that folder contain data that server admins may want to edit often, and keeping them out of the mission file and directly accessible/editable makes that task far less tedious. 

• Like 1

Thank you Harzach. For me it [file patching] sounds like a security breach. If it is possible to load scripts from the outside world (i.e. from folders other than PBO's folder), I may put some h4x0r.sqf file in another folder and run some fn_pwn_da_s3rv3r function from it. If I am wrong, please correct me.

17 minutes ago, Waldemar 337 said:

Thank you Harzach. For me it [file patching] sounds like a security breach. If it is possible to load scripts from the outside world (i.e. from folders other than PBO's folder), I may put some h4x0r.sqf file in another folder and run some fn_pwn_da_s3rv3r function from it. If I am wrong, please correct me.

And how would you do that if you don't already have admin access to the server?

The history of A3's development is rife with security improvements. If you think that the devs have overlooked a possible breach in this functionality (which, if it existed, would be an absurdity of the highest order), then by all means create a ticket over at the feedback tracker. 

Getting the admin's password is another level of security. The less is the number of these levels, the weaker is the security. I just asked it because while I was lately playing Arma 3 with I&A:Apex missions, I saw the game being hacked in various ways, including making all the players naked. I thought that it may be related to file patching. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I hope so.