Hi,

I've been trying to make gameplay more realistic recently and map markers have been making this hard since anybody in the channel that you select can see the markers.

I have restricted most channels in the description.ext and left group channel as it is probably the best option for this but that still means that everybody in the group that you are in can see the markers, even if they die and are half way across the map. 

I can't seem to find a way to add direct to the list of available channels.

I would like to be able to place map markers in direct channel or in a similar way to the pointing mechanic so only people near me could see the markers placed.

I have been googling and searching the forums for a few hours now with no luck, any help would be appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Indianawinny:

You can create an sqf file called like  "Disable_markers.sqf"

and run this in your  "init.sqf"

_null = [] execVM "scripts\Disable_markers.sqf";

"Disable_markers.sqf"

while {true} do {

{  
           private "_a";
           _a = toArray _x;
           _a resize 15;
            if (toString _a == "_USER_DEFINED #") then {
                   deleteMarker _x;
            }              
       } forEach allMapMarkers;
       sleep 30; //set here the seconds for anything in the map to get erased
};

also you might want to add theese in your "init.sqf"  :

// Pass params to onMapSingleClick code and disable Shift+click waypoint marker creation
// player onMapSingleClick "hint (""waypoint marker disabled"" + name _this); _shift"; //Hello KK
player onMapSingleClick {_shift};

and disable  , the cheating "move to" waypoint feature on map :

//______________ If multiplayer, then disable the cheating "move to" waypoint feature ______________
	if (isMultiplayer) then {
		[] spawn {
			waitUntil {!isNull(findDisplay 46)}; 
			// (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","_nil=[_this select 1] call drn_fnc_Escape_DisableLeaderSetWaypoints"];
			(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["MouseButtonDown","_nil=[_this select 1] call drn_fnc_Escape_DisableLeaderSetWaypoints"];
		};
	};

Disabling the move map to player location :

//_________________________ Disabling the move map to player location _________________________
h = [] spawn {
disableSerialization;
while {true} do {
	waitUntil { visibleMap };
	_display = uiNamespace getVariable "RSCDiary";
	_ctrl = _display displayCtrl 1202;
	_ctrl ctrlEnable false;
	_ctrl ctrlsettextcolor [0,0,0,0];
	_ctrl ctrlSetTooltip "";
	_ctrl ctrlCommit 0;
	waitUntil { !visibleMap };
};
};

Have a Good Game!

( more realistic ! )

6fjFZYi0RdG5RewW5XEEHw.png

I do not want them to be used locally for the player, or disable them completely. I want them to function within a range, like the pointing, direct communication or TFAR. So people close to you can see the markers placed but lets say people 25m+ away can't.

• Like 1

This feature doesn't exist. You need to work with allMapmarkers as @GEORGE FLOROS GR wrote, or an "onMapSingleClick" event + addAction (the onmapsingleclick alone is too frequent).

- working on allMapMarkers is stricky (see this example) You need to manage the right one in MP!

- adding an action to open map and waiting for a click on position the create a marker local that you can remoteExec in a certain range is a good way, imho.

• Like 1