redarmy

this moveInCargo broken on mission start

Hi all

i'v created a scenario,while in the editor,i have a three man squad(myself as player included),and a helo,the Merlin,named "helo1"

in the player init i have "this moveInCargo [helo1,4];"    WITHOUT QUOTES

for the other two AI... the same,except where 4 is the seat position,they are 5 and 6 respectively...

now upon mission preview in editor,all is fine,helo starts in flying position engine on etc,and my squad and me spawn in the seats..all good so far,the Helo has three WPs,the second is RHS  paradrop waypoint,the third waypoint has a trigger to delete the crew and helo condition..

so all works ok,but when i export to mission single player scenario,me and the ai are not starting the mission in the helo...im not sure what the cause is,does anyone have a possible cause or solution?

Works for me, with vanilla Arma (edited, exported, launched as scenario). It's always preferable to have a short vanilla test before posting. that can help for step by step debugging.

Try in a short mission, without addon,

then with RHS and vanilla Huron

then with Merlin...

cheers guys

oh the merlin was vanilla,the AAF helo i just couldnt remember the name

i will try the link and killzones recommendation

It seems Killzone kid's method listed on the wiki is working and the only way to ensure it carries over to the mission scenario...

unit1 moveInCargo [helo1, 3]; unit1 assignAsCargoIndex [helo1, 3];

properly working now,thanks guys.

• Like 2