Joachim McKain

Update 1.78 and BattlEye problem

Hello,

I have two life server and two devs server and since the 1.78 update nobody can connect to my server if BattlEye is active (BattlEye = 1;) ...

I tryed one at a time and the problem still on ...

thanks

Hey,

i allready reportet this Problem...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127236

Only one Server on the 2302 Port can run with Battleye atm, hope they fix this asap. 

They dont give me any information at the feedback site, but a friend found a twitter Post.

But this is Sad, i dont use twitter and i wish they would give more Information via. feedback.bistudio.com

This is not the same problem (if it is problem at all) however it concerns both of listed products.

I have such bat file to run server under windows (for better maintenance):

@echo off
::set SERVER_EXE="d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server_x64.exe"
set SERVER_EXE=arma3server_x64.exe
set PORT=-port=2302
set BASIC=-cfg="d:\Users\a\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\SOME_server\basic.cfg"
set CONFIG=-config="d:\Users\a\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\SOME_server\server.cfg"
set PROFILES=-profiles="d:\Users\a\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\SOME_server"
set MODS=-mod="D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@my_addons\shared\@task_force_radio;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@my_addons\shared\@CBA_A3;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@my_addons\shared\@rhsafrf;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@my_addons\shared\@rhsusaf"
set OTHERS=-world=empty -enableHT
@echo on

start "" %SERVER_EXE% %PORT% %BASIC% %CONFIG% %PROFILES% %MODS% %OTHERS%

exit

in my CONFIG file I have BattlEye = 0;

But during start of the server I see BattlEye server initialization messages. Is that mean BE started and will be used or it starts everytime - no matter what but may be or not to be used?

When you start the Server with BattlEye = 0; then its off. You can see it at the BEserver.cfg, if its in use then it changes the name like BEServer_active_xyzy.cfg.

But dont forget, when you turn of BattlEye your BE filter will not Work, your Rcon tool will not work and the Bans.txt will not load.

Then why I see in server window:

17:18:52 Dedicated host created.
17:19:01 BattlEye server updated to version: 217
17:19:01 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.217)
17:19:01 Host identity created.
17:19:01 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303

?

In rpt of the server I see:

=====================================================================
== d:\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server_x64.exe
== "d:\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server_x64.exe"  -port=2302 -cfg="d:\Users\r\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\server\basic.cfg" -config="d:\Users\r\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\server\server.cfg" -profiles="d:\Users\r\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\server"  -world=empty -enableHT

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server_x64
Exe timestamp: 2017/11/29 14:27:53
Current time:  2017/12/06 17:18:19

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.78.143717

Allocator: d:\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi_x64.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]
PhysMem: 16 GiB, VirtMem : 8192 GiB, AvailPhys : 13 GiB, AvailVirt : 8192 GiB, AvailPage : 29 GiB
=====================================================================

When you run Port 2302 it should run anyway with BE. 

But at this moment they released a Hotfix for the BE Port stuff, and yeah.... seems like it works for me.

Thx BiS :) 

It was my mistake.

Instead of:

set BASIC=-cfg="d:\Users\a\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\SOME_server\basic.cfg"

Should be:

set BASIC="-cfg=d:\Users\a\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\SOME_server\basic.cfg"

And similar in other lines.

This is small error, but very significant.