Jump to content
voiceofarma

Tac-Ops Mission Pack DLC Feedback

Recommended Posts

Ok I started this topic because there was no any official pinned topic for Tac-Ops DLC.

First thanks BIS for this great contents which is my most favorite official DLC so far although those who are not following this game since Operation FlashPoint left some negative comments and reviews very unfairly.

 

But me myself ask you to bring more contents like this and I will be the first one who pre-purchase it!

 

Ok here are my feedbacks, reports and opinions about this DLC:

 

Beyond Hope

 

No Reprieve:

Mission was well designed with no bugs, but it would be great to play as other roles too.

I noticed my team as "Chimera" wasn't labeled correctly in it's properties, it was mentioned as Bravo:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0u1rne5yys475ym/1.jpg

"Stepping stone" seems had no this minor issue though.

 

Avenging Furies:

I enjoyed all missions introduced in this DLC but this mission is my favorite one.

Playing as Sniper was great, I chose an MAR-10 which is a Marksman DLC and here I should thank BI for letting players who don't have this DLC to play it with no restrictions or ads. but this rifle only had 2 magazine in ammo box, maybe you want to increase it a little more so player can use it during whole op, and last counterattack was a hell of fight!

 

In this mission I also tried to give a visit to recon unit "Sparrowhawk" who was overwatching Syrta town, but as you see in this shot, no one was there, it would be more sensible to put a real one there.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/c5sxu3hehlvg2xi/2.jpg

I also tried mission with mechanized units. An optional task asked me to give a help to our assaulting forces seize town of Galati, but as you see in pic, there were no enemy or friendly units there! I received message to get back on right flank and I did it, but this optional task seems was broken as no one was in the town.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vqk6i96upr6c893/3.jpg

 

Stepping Stone

 

Fait Accompli:

Playing as special forces was fun but our enemies were just a bunch of rookies, we killed them all in that area with not getting even one hit, but those forces guarding last mortar were a little more tough.

 

Playing as infantry was very hard at last objective where we must seize that field hospital, but I forgot to call Delta team maybe because of this I finished it so hard. When I found my team in that so bad situation, I called Delta, there were some gunshots from their position then they asked to retreat but nothing changed or got easier for us. Note that our Marshal APC also flipped and almost flied because of bad physics which seems needs more fixes hope BI do it once for all.

 

Disintegration Point:

When I played as special forces and controlled UAV to stop enemy armors, I found that our Tanks almost destroyed all enemy armors, there were nothing left for me except an APC inside town which will wipe out all our infantries if you play as infantry but our tanks won't intervene in this situation where they are really needed, also our tanks seems never get damaged. when I reached AO sky with UAV I noticed enemy tanks hit one of friendly tanks for more than 2 shots but it was still in shape!

So it would be great if friendly tanks give some hand when player is in bad situation due to enemy APC firepower inside town, and making our tanks destructible so player will do his best to stop enemy armors from advancing.

Oh I loved how developers cared about details, when I reached that civilian house where was a firing position of 3 CSAT soldiers, one of them dragged himself there.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/jd14uxaaj8k66te/4.jpg

And this laptop... BI tried to make us cry for remembering nostalgic OFP, this laptop was being used for game settings in that era :eyeheart:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/r93akcu0svnlk97/5.jpg

 

Steel Pegasus

 

Breaking Through:

When AAF were about to assault on our position in point "superior" they called for mortar first, BI used real mortars for this instead of fake scripts, and this is the exactly what ARMA is capable of, yes please continue same this way BI.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yz3b2atjvo04glc/6.jpg

 

Final Strike:

Same minor issue about team label that I mentioned for Beyond Hope is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9bemybx77ah3ewu/7.jpg

 

And thanks again to BIS for bringing this long time waited wish for ArmA veterans, please don't hesitate to create such contents again as many ask for it and those who really don't like, they are free to not buy, simple it is, isn't?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble with Steel Pegasus' the first mission. Some obvious spoiler here, when you have to regroup at the chapel, every time I get there, the guy in charge says it's hopeless and is told to surrender. Mission fails. One time I got there, I was given an option to go for mortars instead, but mission still fails with the surrender. If I go for the hill to fight, they surrender, mission fails. This is uber-frustrating. I've played through the first two mini-campaigns, but stuck on Steel Pegasus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

I'm having trouble with Steel Pegasus' the first mission. Some obvious spoiler here, when you have to regroup at the chapel, every time I get there, the guy in charge says it's hopeless and is told to surrender. Mission fails. One time I got there, I was given an option to go for mortars instead, but mission still fails with the surrender. If I go for the hill to fight, they surrender, mission fails. This is uber-frustrating. I've played through the first two mini-campaigns, but stuck on Steel Pegasus.

Never had this issue, in mission nowhere LZ as you are, when I reach rendezvous point at that chapel, they ask me to help them to hold the hill, and we so it. Nothing about surrendering  or mortar happens there.

But you may try to play this way:

Try to save both pilot & medic at start of mission. Pilot is beside it’s downed blackfoot helo which is visible from far. Just east of him, you may see a burning truck too, go there & you will find a medic, find a medkit tool from a downed enemy in nearby & help him. If you sace both pilot & medic you will unlock an achievement too.

also help that friendly team who asks for help on radio.

 

maybe if you play in this way, you won’t encounter that events you mentioned above, I’m not sure but.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, enemy's armored reinforcements at end of Disintegration Point were no match for allied troops. Same for reinforcements from point Everglades. I have been expecting something like a truck full of soldiers or APC, not just two guys running down from from the hill to Houdan. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xmalyszj said:

Yeah, enemy's armored reinforcements at end of Disintegration Point were no match for allied troops. Same for reinforcements from point Everglades. I have been expecting something like a truck full of soldiers or APC, not just two guys running down from from the hill to Houdan. 

About enemy reinforcements from  point Everglades, it would be realistic to stick to infantry, more infantry as you said, but not APC or big things like that.

but at end of mission, enemy armors would be decimated by friendly tanks, tanks that are indestructible, so UAV existence is nonesense there, they must balance it a little more, hope do it in next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 1:41 AM, AZCoder said:

I'm having trouble with Steel Pegasus' the first mission. Some obvious spoiler here, when you have to regroup at the chapel, every time I get there, the guy in charge says it's hopeless and is told to surrender. Mission fails. One time I got there, I was given an option to go for mortars instead, but mission still fails with the surrender. If I go for the hill to fight, they surrender, mission fails. This is uber-frustrating. I've played through the first two mini-campaigns, but stuck on Steel Pegasus.

This is how I finished mission with saving both pilot & medic plus helping pinned down friendly forces:

https://youtu.be/4PqSXzfYinA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greatly enjoyed Beyond Hope missions, agree that the first mission should be playable from other perspectives too, like taking part in the main assault with the recon mission already completed with some randomized success.

 

Started Fait Accompli yesterday, but couldnt finish it in part due to third objective (truck repair base?).

Cleared the base and patrolled around it for a while to look for any possible enemy survivors but the objective was never completed.

Will replay it from the start this week and see if I can complete it.

 

So far the missions are great and I hope to see similar Mission Packs/Campaigns in the future.

You actually feel like taking part in some large combined arms operation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, negah said:

Greatly enjoyed Beyond Hope missions, agree that the first mission should be playable from other perspectives too, like taking part in the main assault with the recon mission already completed with some randomized success.

 

Started Fait Accompli yesterday, but couldnt finish it in part due to third objective (truck repair base?).

Cleared the base and patrolled around it for a while to look for any possible enemy survivors but the objective was never completed.

Will replay it from the start this week and see if I can complete it.

 

So far the missions are great and I hope to see similar Mission Packs/Campaigns in the future.

You actually feel like taking part in some large combined arms operation.

Tha’t a field hospital. Did you destroyed enemy APC Kamysh? Everytime In destroyed it mission completed. It will come from where “Delta” team is attacking, and also don’t forget to call delta before attack last objective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DLC is a good addition to A3, mission are simple and with interesting design, in which you can approach the same mission from different angle. I like that part, but it also brought to surface the A3 well known handicap. The AI, my and enemy AI start shooting at each other through forest and bushes, while I don't see them, I only see tracers going in and out of bushes. Pathfinding is still sad and painfull to watch. AI still tends to one shot me through bushes from all ranges, while I can't see them. The mission design is good and 50% of me like this DLC, while other 50% doesn't like it becasue of poor AI design.

 

I got the DLC only as support for devs and not for enjoyment :/

 

Since this is infantry oriented DLC, I was kinda hoping devs will fix how body reacts when being hit, that twitch/jerking/epileptic seizure movement they made is horribly bad made and when you kill enemy that is prone, for some reason whole body jumps into air, even thought you kill him with your pistol/rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, voiceofarma said:

Tha’t a field hospital. Did you destroyed enemy APC Kamysh? Everytime In destroyed it mission completed. It will come from where “Delta” team is attacking, and also don’t forget to call delta before attack last objective.

 

Replayed it yesterday, and got past this objective.

It actually was the fuel dump, seems the trigger didn't work the first time or some enemy soldier managed to hide somewhere (I cleared the house at the depot the first time too).

Havent finished the mission yet, I'll see If I get some time for the field hospital objective today.

 

The mission is great, though I would like if they would include securing the beachhead (which is mentioned in the briefing) as a previous mission in the campaign.

There is a lack of large scale landing operations in the official ArmA series.

Only original CWC and Red Hammer campaigns had beach storming missions IIRC.

There is one in ArmA2, but your razor team is inserted prior to it and you dont get to see much of it in the unfolding chaos.

 

Though I havent touched Steel Pegasus yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, negah said:

 

Replayed it yesterday, and got past this objective.

It actually was the fuel dump, seems the trigger didn't work the first time or some enemy soldier managed to hide somewhere (I cleared the house at the depot the first time too).

Havent finished the mission yet, I'll see If I get some time for the field hospital objective today.

 

The mission is great, though I would like if they would include securing the beachhead (which is mentioned in the briefing) as a previous mission in the campaign.

There is a lack of large scale landing operations in the official ArmA series.

Only original CWC and Red Hammer campaigns had beach storming missions IIRC.

There is one in ArmA2, but your razor team is inserted prior to it and you dont get to see much of it in the unfolding chaos.

 

Though I havent touched Steel Pegasus yet.

Yes it could be great if assult on beach east of Malden was there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My DLC feedback?

 

I won't spend another penny on BI products until some basic simple things get fixed. And we all know what they are.

 

Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fantastic DLC, the mission concepts are well executed. This is how single player missions or campaigns should be made by BIS in the future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: Beyond Hope No Reprieve mission.  When I reach Spartan and apply first aid I am supposed to escort him to a hunters hut. Unfortunately he won't stand up he just lays there and moans. I have restarted the mission twice now to no avail! HELP PLEASE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dback1976 said:

RE: Beyond Hope No Reprieve mission.  When I reach Spartan and apply first aid I am supposed to escort him to a hunters hut. Unfortunately he won't stand up he just lays there and moans. I have restarted the mission twice now to no avail! HELP PLEASE!

You playing with mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dback1976 said:

Disabled all mods! Still no go just lays there

laying in stable or dev branch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Final Strike (Steel Pegasus) I noticed jarring enemy and enemy fortification pop in. It mean that in spite of being an IFV, I couldn't make use of my superior optics to assist friendlies from further away and had to drive in dangerously close. While this might have been fine for Houston, St Jose and others which you can only really engage from close up, the fact that I had to drive in so close to assist Bravo who were on the outskirts was frustrating.

 

Also in Breaking through, if you go back to rescue the wounded, one of them never boards the vic, meaning that you have to kill him in order to continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just googled for "arma 3 tac ops feedback" and came here.

 

Amazing DLC package, really shows off arma's unique skills and motivates to make own missions. :) Well done BI, amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×