Sign in to follow this  
Mynock

Tac-Ops LZ Nowhere Question

Not sure if this is supposed to be intentional or not, but the marker location for the first task doesn't pop for me, so I have literally zero clue where to go. If you haven't played and don't want "spoilers" then don't open the rest.

Spoiler

So I crashed, fought off the AAF squad, now it's telling me to go to an emergency RV at a church, but the task doesn't indicate a location, the briefing didn't say anything about an emergency RV, and dude on the radio didn't tell me either. A quick glance at my map shows potentially 5 churches I can try, but do I really have to investigate each one when they're like 1-2km apart by design, or is it just a glitch that my task marker isn't popping? Where the heck are you supposed to go? Kinda jacked up to give the player literally zero information by design. If there was an emergency RV, you'd be briefed on it before a mission...

Intentional I think.

I believe you have to listen to the radio chatter and try to find it your own way - it's not that hard though.

I can't remember right now, but aren't they giving you the grid location?

1 hour ago, lexx said:

I can't remember right now, but aren't they giving you the grid location?

Yes, but it's sometimes after.

Spoiler

When you wake up at the crash site, you don't have much clue where to go.

At the crash site is a radio transmitter, take it. After a while you will hear the order - "regroup", a waypoint will appear.

I've wandered around quite a bit, I'm not getting the information you guys suggest I should. I already checked 3 of the suspected locations I think I'm supposed to go, but no luck yet. Maybe my game is broken. Going to try a cache verification and delete the mission save file to start over fresh just in case.

1 hour ago, Mynock said:

I've wandered around quite a bit, I'm not getting the information you guys suggest I should. I already checked 3 of the suspected locations I think I'm supposed to go, but no luck yet. Maybe my game is broken. Going to try a cache verification and delete the mission save file to start over fresh just in case.

Spoiler

When you wake up, get the gear and weapons on the ground.

An enemy truck comes from behind, take them out.

Then, watch north, you will see a down blackfoot.

Go there, and you'll see ;-)

Thanks wiki, turns out my game must have been jacked up because I tried that, nothing happened. Wiped the mission file and verified to cache to re-download it, did what you said again wiki, and now it works as you guys have all described. Weird...but typical for me after any update. I don't think I've ever had a single Arma 3 update work for me first time lol

1 hour ago, Mynock said:

Thanks wiki, turns out my game must have been jacked up because I tried that, nothing happened. Wiped the mission file and verified to cache to re-download it, did what you said again wiki, and now it works as you guys have all described. Weird...but typical for me after any update. I don't think I've ever had a single Arma 3 update work for me first time lol

NP.

Just to be sure, do you make a file check on steam after every update?

I always have to verify it because Arma never works right for me first try lol. Guess 1.78 was a special case where it took 2 tries :eh:.

I'm really not sure about the fail condition for this one. It seems attack always start at 0504 or so, so is it determined by the amount of time passed since the attack start or is it actually determined by actual dynamic combat simulation, or is there some weird trigger or something?

On first play through I pushed pretty much straight north, killed everything south of the rendezvous and took my time to collect equipments for me and my AI buddies for whatever comes next(which was nothing really). Then every time I get to the trigger within a number of meters within the rendezvous the mission just almost insta fail. Took me a number of retries, setacctime cheat and full speed in the captured MRAP to make it before the activation of the whatever fail trigger.

Next walkthrough I hooked west first, saved the pilot(he could be killed if you're not fast enough it seems), triggered the west side mission. Proceeded to clear everything south of the objective. Next thing I know the AI just took care of the attack itself before I got anywhere close.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:14 AM, Mynock said:

Not sure if this is supposed to be intentional or not, but the marker location for the first task doesn't pop for me, so I have literally zero clue where to go. If you haven't played and don't want "spoilers" then don't open the rest.

Hide contents

So I crashed, fought off the AAF squad, now it's telling me to go to an emergency RV at a church, but the task doesn't indicate a location, the briefing didn't say anything about an emergency RV, and dude on the radio didn't tell me either. A quick glance at my map shows potentially 5 churches I can try, but do I really have to investigate each one when they're like 1-2km apart by design, or is it just a glitch that my task marker isn't popping? Where the heck are you supposed to go? Kinda jacked up to give the player literally zero information by design. If there was an emergency RV, you'd be briefed on it before a mission...

If you get a GPS, you will see the exact location.

I tried it yesterday and I was in the same situation as you, but after I kill and loot an enemy soldier and get the GPS, I could see the task exact location.

But I have other question:

I advance to the meeting point, but suddenly they radio "we are surrender" and mission failed. How can I arrive to the meeting point in time? I have under-equipped and surrounded by enemy. But I try to advance as fast as I can to the meeting point, but it always finish with mission failed, because I can arrive in time.