belkon

Why do battleye bans share the same sentence time as "insert crime here" EDITED BY MODERATOR

I just realised that my global ban will be almost 5 years old (happy birthday! :drinking2:). I got it in late 2013 when I decided to use a memory editor on a long dead wasteland server. It was a dumb mistake that I made in the heat of the moment which I regret every time my friend brings up KoTH or Altis life. Since then I played mostly with my friends running coop missions and playing with my unit. Now I've tried to get my ban repealed multiple times with no luck. I've given up on ever seeing the light again, all I want to know now is why is there such a harsh punishment for one time/first time offenders? I don't understand why it's a perma ban and not a monthly ban or a yearly ban. I've put over 700 hours into the game, and I feel like my probation should have been long over by now.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, belkon said:

Now I've tried to get my ban repealed multiple times with no luck.

Battleye page is over there:

https://www.battleye.com/

As far as I know battleye bans are permanent and use hardware ID, so good luck with that.

Cheers

It seems you made this inappropriate post in the heat of the moment too. I do not see much improvement in five years..

On 01/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, belkon said:

I just realised that my global ban will be almost 5 years old (happy birthday! :drinking2:). I got it in late 2013 when I decided to use a memory editor on a long dead wasteland server. It was a dumb mistake that I made in the heat of the moment which I regret every time my friend brings up KoTH or Altis life. Since then I played mostly with my friends running coop missions and playing with my unit. Now I've tried to get my ban repealed multiple times with no luck. I've given up on ever seeing the light again, all I want to know now is why is there such a harsh punishment for one time/first time offenders? I don't understand why it's a perma ban and not a monthly ban or a yearly ban. I've put over 700 hours into the game, and I feel like my probation should have been long over by now.

3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

This applies to ACTUAL cheating as well. You violated to EULA/TOS of the game. Your ban was earned by your actions. There is no probation. Your PID has been and will forever be banned. 

The appropriate response would have been to purchase the game the next time it was steeply discounted (multiple times since 2013) and behaved appropriately i.e. not Cheating. 

• Like 4