dlegion

battleye initialization failed since TACOPS update

....same old story.
new update, new bugs that DESTROY the game.

this time its " battleye initialization failed", a new error when trying to connect to dedicated server.
i already did:
- updated the client game, and veriefied game cache.
- updated the dedicated server tool, verified game cache also here.
- with battleye OFF it works, let people connect to server. with it ON, gives this error and dont allow clients to connect.

great work BIS, now please, please PLEASE, go in holiday , for the rest of your lives.

THANKS.

• Like 1

You di read the changelog right? Battleeye now has a new port it connects over so if that port is blocked it will screw everything up for you...

• Thanks 1

eh...thanks for this info man!
ports are not blocked, but i run 2 servers, one on 2302 and one on 2305...will check it now,
really thanks for this info !

• Like 1

eh...its probably narrowing down the trouble, but still dont work.
i read in changelog about battleye that port was 2306, so if i use 2302 and 2304 it should work ...but it does not work.
... am i doing something wrong?

router ports are opened, as always were . (before TACOPS update my 2 servers were running on ports 2302 and 2305 perfectly, but ports were opened from 2300 to 2330)
battleye new port is 2306, so other ports should work.
if i run server on 2302 alone, it works.
every other port does not work, returning the battleye error. i can always see the server, but not connect to it.

really no idea where to search for a fix.

Closing Steam client i menaged to connect to server...but in a minute this error happens...

...there is nothing to do....BIS screwed it again.
WTF is  dev-branch for?? mah....they're hopeless...

So in order to make the ports work you need to define a seperate config files for each server, we have by example on each server an own range, server one starts for us @ 2400 - 2409, server 2 starts @ 2410 - 2419 etc.

In the Battleye files we have the ports BE uses defined by default so server one has be port 2406, server 2 has be port 2416 etc this makes our servers completly working withut a hicup atall

hm...good info...
the two servers were operating from more than a month with no problem at all...a separate config file is defined, in fact each server has its own folder.
about the ports...seriously...i triple checked, tried up to 2030, and it still kicks out of the game after 1-2 minutes on every port that is not 2302 !!
if you menaged to make 2 or more servers work with the latest 1.78 ,please share the way, thanks.

I'm running an A3 server from a non default port, it's not working. I have all the ports open, I ran netstat -anb to verify all the ports that the server is listening on and none of the ports are blocked. I tried battleye's rcon tool and it's not connecting. I have my rconport and rconip specified in my battleye config as well (since it's a multihomed server).

Nevermind, I didn't read the rcon stuff well enough. Now I'm just getting battleye initialization failed whenever trying to join. Not sure what the deal is.

I am having the same type of problem, I try to join a server and get met with "battleye initialization failed".

I have tried reinstalling arma 3 and all the mods i use.

I have opened my ports.

There are players on the server playing.

arma 3 and my windows installation was updated at the same time, namely the fall creators update.

edit: .rpt says "18:21:25 Warning Message: BattlEye initialization failed"

apparently it works if i connect to the server through the arma 3 launcher.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2017 at 12:15 AM, meikochan said:

apparently it works if i connect to the server through the arma 3 launcher.

Nice one @meikochan

Could not understand how I could get on the server without any problems but my mate could not (Both PCs are on the same network).  Just tried a launch my game from the server browser and for the first time it did not work.  Tested my mates computer and it connects fine if I use the ArmA Launcher, rather than the in game server browser that he normally uses.  S

Edited by strider42
^on^one

Your server gameport MUST BE  2302, any other port does not seem to work atm. This has been reported by many server owners, which all had to switch to 2302 in order to have their server online again.

• Thanks 1

@Arkensor Not sure who you were replying to but the server I connect to does not use port 2302.

If I connect using the ArmA Launcher it works fine.

If I connect using the in game server browser I can't connect and get Battleye initialisation error. That might be corrected by setting the game server port to 2302.  S

ah...good info, thanks man.
so its actually a known new bug introduced with 1.78, right?
i have two servers running from same machine, so what i should do in that case ? i cant give them both 2302 !
thanks!

Same problem here. If I connect to the server (it uses port 2302) with the launcher, it just kicks me after about 10 minutes. If I connect with the ingame server browser, the kick takes about 2 minutes (Battleye client not responding).

On 12/1/2017 at 5:28 AM, kbbw123 said:

You di read the changelog right? Battleeye now has a new port it connects over so if that port is blocked it will screw everything up for you...

I did read the changelog and assumed all would be okay since I had been using 2306 for BattlEye for my server on game port 2302 since they moved the port months ago... but no... neither RCON nor BEC could connect anymore. As recommended by a fellow server owner I moved the port to 2307 and it works perfectly... go figure?!?

However, for my second game server on my dedicated hardware, I am SOL... it uses game port 2312 (and now BE port 2317, which allows BEC and RCON to connect to the server)... However, after a few minutes clients are kicked with BE client not responding. Have turned BE off on that server until Bohemia fix... oh well

(And yes, 2302-2307 and 2312-2317) have been open ports for months and the servers worked perfectly before the 1.78 upgrade.

• Thanks 1

yep...BI screwed it.
i fear there's few we can do about this...the very very very bad part is that i was growing a community around my servers....they were populated 24/7, not 90% of times are empty .

• Like 1

How about BI leave stuff thats not broken and fix the stuff that is. Everytime they update they break more than they bloody fix. Getting really annoyed with the amount of work we have to do after an update, but hey if you're getting our money what do you care huh!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 3:32 AM, dlegion said:

yep...BI screwed it.
i fear there's few we can do about this...the very very very bad part is that i was growing a community around my servers....they were populated 24/7, not 90% of times are empty .

Yep same thing for our community as well @dlegion; having things like this make it extremely difficult to grow and make things happen when your servers missions will run but you can't get anyone on the dang things for days at a time.

A Number of players can no longer join any servers running Battleye since the last update is there a fix for this at all.????

On 2.12.2017 at 6:07 PM, Grahame said:

I did read the changelog and assumed all would be okay since I had been using 2306 for BattlEye for my server on game port 2302 since they moved the port months ago... but no... neither RCON nor BEC could connect anymore. As recommended by a fellow server owner I moved the port to 2307 and it works perfectly... go figure?!?

However, for my second game server on my dedicated hardware, I am SOL... it uses game port 2312 (and now BE port 2317, which allows BEC and RCON to connect to the server)... However, after a few minutes clients are kicked with BE client not responding. Have turned BE off on that server until Bohemia fix... oh well

(And yes, 2302-2307 and 2312-2317) have been open ports for months and the servers worked perfectly before the 1.78 upgrade.

yup, exactly the same here. My Servers running now for 3 Years and everytime in good use and now this. 

The Server on 2302 is running quiet good without any problems, the second on 2502 is rekt. For sure, you can disable BE but 

they said on Twitter "We had hoped to hotfix it Friday" so, lets run a full Server over a week without BE, these Hackerkids smell this shit ;) 

I hate every single Patch, if you dont need to change something in your script then you need 100% a Perf. Binary or a Hotfix.

On 1.12.2017 at 12:59 PM, dlegion said:

before TACOPS update my 2 servers were running on ports 2302 and 2305 perfectly

you shouldnt run 2 servers in a portrange that close... because ports 2303 2304 and 2305 are already reserved when you use 2302 as gameport + now 2306 too

so you better run them with 10 empty ports between

2302 2312 2322 etc

so you have enough spare ports between and nothing collides

Oops... message I responded to was not aimed at me... deleted

Just to emphasize the other issue perhaps missed... we were told months ago to use port 2306 for BE... that does not work anymore and I had to move it to 2307 for the 2302 server, 2317 for the 2312 server, etc. To quote the SPOTREP: "Tweaked: BattlEye traffic was moved to a separate game port (2306 by default)"... Well, great, mine already was... but now it does not work