Looks impressive. Kudos for making it work. Why is it over 4Gb? Lots of custom buildings?

36 minutes ago, BadHabitz said:

Looks impressive. Kudos for making it work. Why is it over 4Gb? Lots of custom buildings?

Well, it is a lot, i know, but map doesnt need any other addons and all objects are custom.

• Like 2

Looks amazing! Is the aim to be as realistic as possible, or are you going to add Armaverse features - military sites etc.?

Wow, seems to be something very different from the existing maps. I like it!

2 hours ago, Callsign said:

Looks amazing! Is the aim to be as realistic as possible, or are you going to add Armaverse features - military sites etc.?

Map is designed only for "civilian missions", like defensing villages, not any big army missions.

• Like 4

Best looking map so far, hopefully you will be able to finish this map. Good luck :D

Looks impressive and a nice change of scenery. :rthumb:

It shares the same geographical area and reminds me a lot of the Tunba terrain from the Live Through mod, it's a real shame that mod was abandoned in Alpha as it had a ton of original assets that would fit rather nicely within this terrain.

Best of luck with the project.

7 hours ago, ArmanIII said:

Map is designed only for "civilian missions", like defensing villages, not any big army missions.

Excellent choise. It sometimes feels very artificial when all maps have those "mandatory" military bases and airports. Also, mountain maps are a much needed and very welcome! 

• Like 1

Looks awesome! Kudos for all the custom objects. I love mountainous terrains too so this is really exciting.

Personally, I would've avoided using the arma 2 spruces trees, since theyre pretty distinctively picea abies/picea obovata(which really only occur in europe and russia), while the picea smithiana of the Himalayas has a fairly different look to it. I would have tried retexturing the A2 larches to green since they sorta acheive the look of Himalayan cedar instead, so that there still is some variety aside from just straight up pines. But thats just me being stupidly pedantic, you can ignore this paragraph. Its still an amazing looking terrain.

Those plants as in pics below seem a bit over-saturated and kind of clash with the color harmony. They're used a lot in the like terraces also. I'm sure you know which ones. They oughta be toned down a bit more to match with the other flora.

https://imgur.com/a/JKQq9

And some parts of the sat map, like pics below, have overly intense greens that almost look blue-ish and also kind of break up the color harmony, theve got trees over them but thosw trees are totally different colors and its a bit weird. Those areas would look better if the greens and blues were toned down a bit. 

https://imgur.com/a/DJETE

Very good work so far regardless of my criticisms and I can't wait to see where this goes and see how it plays when its released. I've been long hoping for a Himalayan type terrain.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Looks awesome! Kudos for all the custom objects. I love mountainous terrains too so this is really exciting.

Personally, I would've avoided using the arma 2 spruces trees, since theyre pretty distinctively picea abies/picea obovata(which really only occur in europe and russia), while the picea smithiana of the Himalayas has a fairly different look to it. I would have tried retexturing the A2 larches to green since they sorta acheive the look of Himalayan cedar instead, so that there still is some variety aside from just straight up pines. But thats just me being stupidly pedantic, you can ignore this paragraph. Its still an amazing looking terrain.

Those plants as in pics below seem a bit over-saturated and kind of clash with the color harmony. They're used a lot in the like terraces also. I'm sure you know which ones. They oughta be toned down a bit more to match with the other flora.

https://imgur.com/a/JKQq9

And some parts of the sat map, like pics below, have overly intense greens that almost look blue-ish and also kind of break up the color harmony, theve got trees over them but thosw trees are totally different colors and its a bit weird. Those areas would look better if the greens and blues were toned down a bit. 

https://imgur.com/a/DJETE

Very good work so far regardless of my criticisms and I can't wait to see where this goes and see how it plays when its released. I've been long hoping for a Himalayan type terrain.

Thank you for your advices.

About trees: I tried to make new pine trees like Himalayan Cedar but I gave up that because make tree in Arma is very time consuming thing. I know that these used trees are very! different from original trees which are in Himalayas, but...

Small bushes - thanks, will be fixed.

Sat map - imagery is downloaded from online maps, so it is same as in maps. For me it is very difficult to repair it bcs satmap is splited into four 20480x20480 satmaps and their editing totally lagging my pc (i must buy more ram), so for now it is impossible to repair...

And last thing - criticisms is needed bcs without it, it cannot be better...

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ArmanIII said:

About trees: I tried to make new pine trees like Himalayan Cedar but I gave up that because make tree in Arma is very time consuming thing. I know that these used trees are very! different from original trees which are in Himalayas, but...

Sat map - imagery is downloaded from online maps, so it is same as in maps. For me it is very difficult to repair it bcs satmap is splited into four 20480x20480 satmaps and their editing totally lagging my pc (i must buy more ram), so for now it is impossible to repair...

Yeah, totally understandable about the trees, really the norway spruces should do just fine. The options available are very limited and making a good tree from scratch can be a difficult. Also, I could try to work at the satmap if you'd like. My computer isn't the strongest, but I think it could handle those kind of dimensions. 

This looks like a very cool map. What percentage of the custom buildings will be enterable?

2 hours ago, CPT J. Shaw said:

This looks like a very cool map. What percentage of the custom buildings will be enterable?

None of buildings have interiors yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmanIII said:

None of buildings have interiors yet.

Hopefully that can be rectified fairly soon after release.

That is one gorgeous looking satmap. Im glad youve got that base covered! Maps always feel like wasted potential without a decent satmap. Other than the oversaturated flora wsxcgy mentioned, this is looking fantastic.

• Like 1

I havnt been on these forums in months. You forced me to log in, because this map looks like something I've been looking for awhile now. It's different. Its unique, it's got lots of mountains, and picturesque valleys. Its down right sensual. I love it. May I suggest pitching this as a third party mod with Bohemia? If not, that's ok, I'll be just as excited for this map. I'll log in just to download this map alone when it's done. Awesome stuff.

I wanted to say I am looking to seeing this map as one of those "hiker" experiences. Just walking around and enjoying the scenery.

Your video in the first post should be an intro mission. That is the player should arrive to the site and be able to ride that airplane as a guest with the AI showing the highlights of the map, then flying back. It can be a 10 minute ride. Not too long, not too short.

It was so incredibly relaxing!

I think I have only said this twice, here, and regarding Tanoa when I first bought it. I did not thing but drop an AI driver / pilot and let him take him around the map just sightseeing. 

Please take your time. I don't want to see alphas and betas ruining the experience. I just want to be wow wow and wowed! Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Looks amazing, haven't seen a setting with mountains of this magnitude being done very often (and not this nicely) in arma so it will be something new, looking forward to taking my group to it when it's done. :)

Really nice looking terrain, we don't see many terrains that capture the scale of mountains too well.  Reminds me of Clafghan.  Good job!