yxman

editor long loading time since 1.78

Anyone else noticed the long loading times since 1.78 in Eden (vanilla arma x64/no mods/no magical launch parameters/mallocs etc...) (talking about "play scenario"(in singleplayer))?

Before i pressed the button and the mission was instant loaded ~1-2s now its like 10-15s (game installed on ssd (550mb/s read/write), no hw change, nothing else is slow even benched & trim'd it because i thought it was broken...

Steps to reproduce:

- start Editor

- Stratis/Altis/Malden (Tanoa/Virtual Reality unaffected)

- place 1 playable unit

- press "play scenario" (in singleplayer)

- enjoy loading times that feels like back in 5.25" floppy times...

Can someone confirm this?

edit: long loading times only occur on altis/stratis/malden, tanoa/virtual reality are loading as fast as pre 1.78

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Confirmed. Takes ages on Altis now while Tanoa is fine :(

I have mission in malden which takes a long time to start now.

Having the same loading time issue in editor with MP mission. Mission starts well before loading has completed. Was not like this before. Text that I have scripted to be seen after a player spawns now is completed before a player spawns and not seen because of the loading time.

yes same thing here, i check this morning with MP on ALTIS

The loading screen after briefing takes around 15 seconds on altis where before it took no more than 1 or 2 seconds.

Waiting for something but what ??? It seems there is no hard drive activity.

impacted with

init.sqf

initplayerlocal.sqf

if you insert a sleep / waituntil at the begning of your script, the loading screen never ended until the sleep is done (15 seconds + your sleep time). I think there is a missing variable initialisation / condition to close the screen.

other problem : initPlayerLocal.sqf is now executed directly from briefing instead t the mission start.

initPlayerLocal.sqf 	Executed locally when player joins mission (includes both mission start and JIP). See initialization order for details about when the script is exactly executed. 

I reinstall totaly the game didn t solve the problem :( It seems also happens with SP mode (but im not expert cause i dont use it). Clearly a problem for developpers :(

• Like 1

It is "good" to see I'm not the only one with this problem. 

lol, yes but it will not solve the problem, and not sure to accelerate the resolution of it :(

it seems crazy that nobody report it during the development stage on dev branch.

• Like 1

Confirmed. Dying in the new tac-ops missions on Altis, then loading the game takes ~15s where it took me 3-4 seconds to load Altis gamesaves before. Also using SSD.

Same here. It appears to be loading quickly, but then it simply continues loading at a steady pace. When loading a mission, it also appears to load it twice (first the map loads, then the loading bar of the mission sticks halfway for a few seconds, and then the mission loads again).

good to know, lets hope for a fix...

On 12/3/2017 at 10:30 AM, code34 said:

lol, yes but it will not solve the problem, and not sure to accelerate the resolution of it :(

it seems crazy that nobody report it during the development stage on dev branch.

I did on Oct 19  but got zero replies, I was begining to think it was just me with this issue.

BTW it's seems to be fixed for me today all, maps loading 1-2 seconds.

Although someone else posted the opposite.

Yeah its still not fixed for me.

@f2k sel. If you let them know about it back in October then that worries me that there not going to fix it, just there lack of acknowledgment of this issue probably speaks for itself.

For this to happen after all these years just sucks. 

the bug is still present on altis/malden/stratis, floppy loading speed.

tanoa/vr pre1.78 loading times (nearly instant)

edit:

this also affects sp and mp mission loading, try any showcase on tanoa and you will see (fast loading) minimal showcase on stratis/altis 10x loading times, same for mp missions... patrol ops 4 altis i've never seen the hud in the top left because its loading time, tried tanoa version instant loaded + hud top left with civ active etc...

i tried it on 4 different systems with ssd and modern hardware

so conclusion time (for fast pcs with ssd):

since 1.78 loading times increased about factor 10 for sp/mp missions on altis/stratis/malden regardless of used ssd / fast cpu etc does not apply to tanoa/vr 

On 1.12.2017 at 8:14 AM, yxman said:

Steps to reproduce:

- start Editor

- Stratis/Altis/Malden (Tanoa/Virtual Reality unaffected)

- place 1 playable unit

- press "play scenario" (in singleplayer)

- enjoy loading times that feels like back in 5.25" floppy times...

I can verify this. Tanoa/VR are pretty fast but other maps takes 17-20 seconds to start from the editor, with just one guy (player) in the mission.

The profiling/performance build seems to fix this. Could someone verify that it's not just me?

(To download the PERF branch: Open Arma's properties in Steam and insert the code 'CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3' to the BETAS tab)

Just test the performance build right now, it doesn t fix it :(

anyway, the problem seems to be fixed on the dev branch :drinking2:

I also have this problem. And not only in the editor, but also while playing a campaign.

I verified the integrity of the game files in Steam, but this doesn't fix it.

Very annoying! But yeah, good to know that I'm not the only one. :icon_biggrin:  Thanks for opening the thread.

7 hours ago, code34 said:

I hope BI release a hotfix...

9 hours ago, code34 said:

lets hope for it, also the problem is not present on non official maps like cup terrains.

On ‎11‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 8:49 AM, code34 said:

Comfirmed. 

I can also confirm a longer loading time, in the editor loading up a new map, and missions are almost instant, but loading of missions

to preview takes about 5-10sec, my last test was on stratis with nothing but a player, no mods and it took same amount of time.

• Like 1

Can't believe it.

Two hotfix's since update 1.78 and still no fix for this. Its fixed in the development build so I don't know why there letting it go in the main branch build.

I don't want to keep switching between builds each time a hotfix or update is released only to be disappointed each time.

Please fix this bug BIS.

most of players dont see it, that s the main raison certainly :)

The interesting thing I noticed is that when you run singleplayer from the editor it's slow but when you run multiplayer from the editor the mission loads much faster.

• Like 1