mickeymen

Devs! Please return the control of the tank from the commander, as it was before!

The difference in steering behaviour in different control commands has been the case since the alpha, up to at least 1.90. It's a game principle - that has been become a problem with the commander control.

16 minutes ago, Belbo said:

The difference in steering behaviour in different control commands has been the case since the alpha, up to at least 1.90. It's a game principle - that has been become a problem with the commander control. 

When Tanks DLC was released, it was enough to change the control keys to get a completely manageable model. I did it, and did not experience a problem with it. I was able to set up a control that reproduced the old control model. Based on my vehicle control key model, I wrote on my ticket some edits for some of the fixes.
But now (in DEV 1.93) there is a problem that is completely broken by another problem. My last comment on this ticket describes the problem  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127310.

Didn't SteelBeast (a military training sim) use similar control to current ArmA?

There are mods to improve AI object detection like Vcom Driving, but they are very resource demanding. Just a few vehicles in urban terrain could cause significant performance drop.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, lex__1 said:

If you change the control method, turns and moves forward / backward from the keys, and the mouse control does not participate in the turn - you will have no problems with control.
The only thing that remains a problem is an order for continuous movement and waypoints (their influence on the driver of the crew).

That's a workaround that shouldn't even be required, but much appreciated nontheless, thank you.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:13 AM, lugiahua said:

Didn't SteelBeast (a military training sim) use similar control to current ArmA?

There are mods to improve AI object detection like Vcom Driving, but they are very resource demanding. Just a few vehicles in urban terrain could cause significant performance drop. 

I'm not talking about Vcom Driving. There are no problems in commands and setting up management keys. There is a problem in the loss of control of the driver of the tank.