_gm_

Script AI interaction with Addon functions

I'm creating an MP mission featuring the RHSUSF Mk.V SOC (boat) that has different lighting options only accessible by the driver via a GUI control panel (switches/buttons). When crewed and placed in Safe mode, AI activates collision lights automatically - that's fine. I want to control the sub-items (Nav lights, night lights, dive lights, searchlight, horizon lights) which the control panel calls through non-BIS functions (rhsusf_c_markvsoc\scripts\ui) while the AI is driving - AI will be driving the boat to WPs.

I found this piece of code in rhsusf_c_markvsoc\scripts\ui\markv_ui.hpp

action="[7005,'rL_opR_source'] call rhsusf_fnc_markvsoc_setOption";

If I get in the driver position as a player and use the debug console to execute a modified version:

[7005,'rL_opR_source'] call rhsusf_fnc_markvsoc_setOption;

The night lights toggle if "lightsOn" is true. Any value seems to work in place of "7005", so it doesn't seem that's passing anything critical.

So I'm that far, but I want to apply this to a boat named "soc_1" that AI is driving. All MP players will get in passenger seats and I want the lights on before we even get there.

I tried putting that call in the boat init, along with an action telling the boat driver "lightOn" and it doesn't seem to work - but I get no errors either.

Edited by _gm_