Sign in to follow this  
Ixian

Chechen war mod?

There has to be someone working on a Chechen War Mod. With a new island and all. That would pwn. The resistance snipers already look like the chechen fighters just got to put on a patch then you got one. Russian fighters dont need to be changed too much. This kind of mod would be so neat. Anyone news on this being a possible mod or one already in progress?

Im sure there are some people working on this kind of mod..but umm........we need some new Russian soldiers (Models) and a few cheh soldiers, 'cause the ones that are in the game look like crap.......and we also need a new patch for OFP, that will allow soldiers to carry more than 3mags and 4 grenades...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZLOY @ Dec. 01 2002,04:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and we also need a new patch for OFP, that will allow soldiers to carry more than 3mags and 4 grenades...<span id='postcolor'>

?

Each soldier has 10 slots available to them -- (RL) standard infantry loadout is 6-8 mags and 2-4 frag grenades. For OFP, I usually make my mission loadout for infantry @ 6+1 mags, 2 frags, and a smoke. Which is fairly balanced, IMO.

Here is an apparent Chechen mod. I haven't seen any news or pictures on this one for a while.

I'd like a map with larger cities in it, like in chechnya.

However, for now Nogova cities are fine.

Ya it would be cool to have bigger maps. Say 10x the size of Nogova lol. And cities that are 10x bigger. I don't think you can call them cities in ofp. Just a small town Population 40 lol. However I don't think its good to have a island 10x bigger than nogova and cities twice as big because then you would probably need a good computer to run it. NOt sure on this. I would think it would be laggy as heck.

I think that probably the biggest problem with operation flashpoint maps is that the creators TRY and fill them with loads of towns and roads etc.

If you ask me, a fantastic map would be one which actually did have large open plains and huge forests in.

Like, a huge open plain with a couple of bushes in it or something.

yeh, more room for tank engagements, maybe somthing like you see on all these video clips of soviet armour advancing en mass over large open fields

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Dec. 01 2002,19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you ask me, a fantastic map would be one which actually did have large open plains and huge forests in.<span id='postcolor'>

Try out @cks island

you guys talk about needing a larger island, but how often do you use the entire island in a mission?? rather than making a giant island with a bunch of wasted space, how about you just use the entire island that you already have?

well a larger island sort of means that you have lots of different areas to choose from to fight in.

also it looks nicer when in planes.

Plus, BIS is based in the Czech Republic - so do it for them smile.gif

P.S.

Ixian, you are just BEGGING to be run over.

that mod site only has the banner and that it lol. Does that say supported by Bohemia on it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Dec. 01 2002,16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya it would be cool to have bigger maps.  Say 10x the size of Nogova lol.  And cities that are 10x bigger.<span id='postcolor'>

And computers that are 10x faster tounge.gif

How many times have I said this. OK, so some people make islands that claim to have large, urban areas. What they really are, are some small towns that are the most unrealistic stuff ever! Let's build a small town with about 4 apartments, and a fountain! Boy, surely the inhabitants will thrive without stores, shopping centers, and grocery stores! The island that we paln to make for our mod will have all that stuff covered, no matter how long it takes. To cut lag, we will use low poly buildings. It worked in GTA3, so it will work here too. The island might also have some small countryside areas with farms, but that won't take up more than 10 percent of the island.

ahha i remember before Resistance came out. Everyone was like "ya nogova is going to have these huge industrialized cities" you get the game and your like wtf. 4 apartments makes it industrialized?

There is some other maps that have really big towns but you trade it for lag.

vbs1_4019s.jpg

that kind of terrain is what im talking about here ppl (from the VBS website)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Dec. 03 2002,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ahha i remember before Resistance came out.  Everyone was like  "ya nogova is going to have these huge industrialized cities"  you get the game and your like wtf.  4 apartments makes it industrialized?  

There is some other maps that have really big towns but you trade it for lag.<span id='postcolor'>

Are there any maps with big cities with apartment buildings? So far the only one I've seen is the excellent "Skye" map.

Nogova makes a fine Chechnya substitue as most of the towns in Chechnya are small and most of the battles, aside from the seige of a few large cities like Grozny, have taken place in small towns. What is mainly needed are some good modern Russian troops, especially modern Spetsnaz with those large assault helmets (they look a bit like delta force helmets), body armor, and beenie caps along with thigh holsters for their pistols.

Then of coarse you just need some Chechnyan soldiers with mixed uniforms and the occasional beanie cap (those black whool watch caps).

That's pretty much all you need as the rest of the hardware is either already in the game, has been made as unofficial addons, or is going to be released soon (like the Mi-26).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes, it would be cool with new spetssnatz models, but, i dont think they most of the fightin' etc. in Chechnya, I think it's mostly regular Russian army troops, and it would be nice with some new (modern) russian army troops.