I had Ace 3 installed on Arma 3 when using the Eden Editor. I then decided to remove it, meaning I could no longer open my mission, so I looked up how to remove Ace 3 from my mission. A post on a forum suggested that I should remove any lines on my 'mission.sqm' file with the word 'ace3', so I did without backing up the file, and now when I try to open my saved mission an error pops up 'line 0: '.rap': ' ' encountered instead of '=''.

Help would be much appreciated, thank you. 

Removing all traces of ace3 is extremely hard and as you've found, easy to mess up. After a few days of fiddling with it, I gave up and remade the sqm from scratch.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it is how I ended up doing it

Activate ACE3 again, open the mission file, remove all entities marked with the ACE3 addon symbol, save the mission, then check the file for anything with ACE 3 in it again and see how it goes?

If you try to modify the mission.sqm out of editor, don't forget to make some consistency with items count and item  numbers when you delete an item. Delete the strings for the addons also.

How I'd proceed:

checking for "ACE" string;

deleting all addons ACE strings;

With each entity ACE_something, looking for the "item" (say item103 in 216 items);

deleting all stuff for Item103;

correcting items = 216 to items = 215 at the head of this entities serie.

back to items, looking for item215, rename it item215 (items start at 0)

Also, you can replace the item by some vanilla one as Gunter wrote below!

The standard procedure for missions that wont load because of missing addons/mods,

1. Unbinerize the mission (can be done under attributes)
  2. Open the mission.sqm with notepad or ++
  3. at the top look for addOns[]= and look for ace in that list and remove it
  4. 2nd list will be under addOnsAuto[]= same thing as 3 remove ace
  5. save
  6. test

The flip side of this would be load the mission with required files and unbinerize the mission if it is binerized if not then follow the above.

If after removing the addon/mod dependency from the addons and autoaddons the mission wont load then look for items/listings with the said mod and replace it with a stock, vanilla asset.

So if you find something that is a vehicle from ace, then replace it with a vanilla arma3 vehicle, ect,.

Its tedious, sometimes it works sometimes it dont, best not to mess with the mission.sqm to begin with, and just load the mod and remove the assets from the mission itself in the editor,

and then remove the mod from the addons/& autoaddons, that should work.

Sometimes its just best to start over, depends on how much you've vested your time into the mission.

• Like 1