commanderx

All class names of a specific faction and a specific kind?

Hi,

I would like to have a fast solution for getting all the classnames out of the Cfg_Vehicles

Something like give me all class names of all men which are from faction Civil or all Cars from faction XY.

I dont have a clue how to do that.

For car:

MyVehArray = ("(configname _x iskindOf 'car') && (gettext (_x >> 'faction') == 'CIV_F' or gettext (_x >> 'faction') == 'CIV_IDAP_F' )" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgVehicles")) apply {configName _x};

Replace 'car with 'CAManBase' for men.

You can use any faction of your existing classes inside your cfgFactionClasses in your viewer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found this topic on a search and would like to know where and how to use the line. In the editor? The config viewer? A trigger? I have no idea how to apply that

On 11/27/2017 at 5:37 PM, pierremgi said:

For car:

MyVehArray = ("(configname _x iskindOf 'car') && (gettext (_x >> 'faction') == 'CIV_F' or gettext (_x >> 'faction') == 'CIV_IDAP_F' )" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgVehicles")) apply {configName _x}; 

Replace 'car with 'CAManBase' for men.

You can use any faction of your existing classes inside your cfgFactionClasses in your viewer.

22 hours ago, Theo Thalwitzer said:

I found this topic on a search and would like to know where and how to use the line. In the editor? The config viewer? A trigger? I have no idea how to apply that

I've no idea when/where you want to apply that also. This code returns an array of vehicle classes (civilian + IDAP), so an array of string. Tell us more about your project if you need more help on forum.