Sign in to follow this  
mickeymen

Tanks DLC: Idea of Anti-Tank Offroads for FIA/Syndicate ?

Hi to all!

How can I assume, the Tanks DLC will have to add not only new tanks, but also new anti-tank weapons and I would like to talk about it.

Today (v1.76) in Arma3, very few anti-tank weapons for the infantryman. Before, I was inspired by the topic by @SuicideKing in which he suggests expand the AT - infantry weapon. I fully support him on this issue, but he did not mention the new AT-weapons for FIA/Syndicate factions.

The FIA and Syndicate has very little military potential before enemy armor. Yes they can use AT's infantry weapon from other factions, but I would very much like them to have a unique anti-tank weapon based on Offroad! They have for this purpose all the prerequisites.

I would like to see Anti-Tank Offroads, for example which we can see in the trailer of the game Squad  

Before, I saw such weapons in the middle east and this is suitable for the FIA or Syndicare factions.

As seems to me, It will be unique vehicles, which can diversify the gameplay of Arma3, because it will be very mobile and powerful to use, while remaining weak in the area of armor.  Since this will not require much work (We already have Offroads for which it only remains to add AT weapons) with the least cost to the developers, these AT-vehicles could be an excellent addition to the Tanks DLC. 

Who likes this idea, please support me. 

• Like 4

The FIA currently don't have a vehicle in their default arsenal capable of damaging the AAF's IFVs and MBTs. It would make sense that they would jerry-rig a flat bed truck/car and a cheap anti-tank weapon (such as an SPG-9) to create an anti-tank techical.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, a_killer_wombat said:

The FIA currently don't have a vehicle in their default arsenal capable of damaging the AAF's IFVs and MBTs. It would make sense that they would jerry-rig a flat bed truck/car and a cheap anti-tank weapon (such as an SPG-9) to create an anti-tank techical.

Yes! This can be a SPG-9 Offroad! Before I didn't know how this weapon called.

19512163_m.jpg

I see this was already present in ArmA 2 OA !

That is very lacking in Arma3 also

• Like 2

You can use AttachTo command to setup a Titan launcher on the back. I don't think this is realistic but it works, I'd rather have a static SPG/RPG variant but hey. 

• Like 1

As we've already seen a lot of Israeli weapons in the game, and as the Israelies are supporting FIA (or so it seems).

it might be a nice idea to equip thr FIA faction with one of the heavier spike missiles, maybe a vehicle-mounted spike NLOS.
Also, adding a TV/Radio guidence mechanic can be nice for this new weapon.

Yeah SPG or ATGM technicals would be great.

It'd be nice if you'd also add in AA technicals, similar to the ones that were in ArmA 2. ZU-2-23 technicals have seen significant use in Syria, especially in anti infantry roles, but it can also act as an outdated form of AA defense.

• Like 1

Well now. As far as I know, the flatbed of the offroad can be used by passengers to Fire From Vehicles. This is a possibility, which in many ways makes sense seeing that it becomes more stealthy.

The vehicle is still only recognized as "offroad" (not "offroad (armed)") and will appear to be rather harmless, but in reality it can carry troops with ATGMs, RPGs or other heavy firearms.

However, I do agree that it is a good idea to flesh out anti-tank gameplay when introducing new, and probably more powerful, tanks to the game.

I suggest, like other have, to consider:

Offroad (Anti-Tank): Offroad with either a mounted Titan AT or new Recoilless rifle/ATGM.

Offroad (Artillery): Offroad with helicopter/aircraft rocket pod rigged to the flatbed McGyver style. If HEAT warheads are implemented, then they could use HEAT rockets to barrage armored advances. In which case: Offroad (Artillery AT and HE variants).

Zamak (Anti-Air) : Zamak truck with Anti-Aircraft Artillery or a mounted Titan AA system.

• Like 1