I can't wait to see this one come to fruition. I have wanted to do a French based ALiVE deployment for a long time now. Speaking of will the mod have ALiVE compatible units or will we have to customize them to be able to not have to create workarounds if we use the ALiVE mod for campaign and AI management?

Will there be equipment, vehicles, and weapons from the Algerian War as well? I’d really love to see some of the helicopters used in the conflict like the H-34 Pirate or any of the other H-34 Variants in use at the time.

H-34_05.JPG

• Like 1

1517346790-rs-janvier2018-1.png

No news, good news.
That's true, we did not give a lot of news recently. We had a lot to do to move forward in the development of the mod.

1517346788-rs-janvier2018-2.png

The accent was put in the infantry pack, with the revision of the uniforms, as well as the combat vests. Different types of helmets came in the pack, as well as backpacks. 
We also worked on weapons.

1517346784-rs-janvier2018-3.png

It takes time, because we are a small team and very demanding with ourselves. Be sure we are as much impatient as you, and that we are trying to do our best!

1517346774-camelbackbfm-wip.jpg1517346783-camelbackbfm2-wip.jpg

Thanks for all your numerous messages of encouragement, and of hate, it encourages us to advance!

1517346783-smb-wip.png1517346775-screenshot011-wip.png

We are on the last straight line before being able to offer a first throw of the infantry pack. This one will be expanded with time, in the fur as the modelling of some items, weapons, and other equipments will advance. Will come then other packs (vehicles, air, etc.). 

1517346786-tarte-wip.png

Do not forget, if you are an 3D artist, and you want to be part of the adventure, the door is opened! Come by our website to discover our univers !

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

On 18/01/2018 at 7:47 PM, Nichols said:

I can't wait to see this one come to fruition. I have wanted to do a French based ALiVE deployment for a long time now. Speaking of will the mod have ALiVE compatible units or will we have to customize them to be able to not have to create workarounds if we use the ALiVE mod for campaign and AI management?

Actually not in the plans, but maybe a compatiblity pack will be developped by the ALiVE Team ? :)

15 hours ago, spookspook said:

Will there be equipment, vehicles, and weapons from the Algerian War as well? I’d really love to see some of the helicopters used in the conflict like the H-34 Pirate or any of the other H-34 Variants in use at the time.

The equipment of the Indochina part of OFrP came mainly from the same era, however some equipment of the Algerian war is also used in Indochina, notably the MAS-36 rifle and MAT-49 submachine gun. Concerning the H-34 Pirate, we don't have it but we have the Sikorsky S55 H-19.

• Like 3

That equipment looks, beautiful, can't wait to play with french forces through out the modern era, I am fancy the old f1 olive drab stuff my self :p

@OFrP

Hi there. As this mod is not out yet, have you thought about the 3rd party DLC thing?

@OFrP

The H-19 is a very beautiful helicopter in its own right! Maybe you could add an MG 151 to that instead :P 

The content looks beautiful as well, keep up the great work!

On 31/01/2018 at 10:56 PM, Wiki said:

@OFrP

Hi there. As this mod is not out yet, have you thought about the 3rd party DLC thing?

We know about this opportunity but we prefer leaving it to studios with a will to augment their professional range and possibly to get incomes. Being of enthusiasts trying to remain in a collaborative and free framework, we wont go towards this initiative of Bohemia.

• Like 7

On 11/02/2018 at 6:38 PM, Livgardet said:

@OFrPWill you guys be going into ww2 era France as well? If not, do you know of any mods in the works?  

Hi, actually not in the project. But we have a small team working on the Indochine conflict ;)

• Like 3

WIP of the F1 Helmet

1519211348-f1.png1519211348-f1-2.png

• Like 21

Looks nice!  I'll have to check out that Indochina mod.  I've been messing around with various ww2, ww1 and vietnam assets to make my own little ww2 french faction for my own enjoyment.

Will there be models with les rangers(pas les magnum) ?  They are very iconic of the French soldier.

Congratulations on your work and progress, it is the highest quality!  

Dear Operation Frenchpoint team. Can I suggest something? When you gonna eventually work on heavy armor of the Armée de terre, can you make Leclerc MBT of the Serie 3/Serie XXI Tranche 10/11 or the Leclerc Scorpion which are the most modern variants?

full?d=0

Leclerc S3/SXXI

Leclerc_XLR_Scorpion_renovated_modernize

Leclerc XLR/Leclerc Scorpion

Cheers. ;)

• Like 2

On 03/03/2018 at 9:09 PM, HaceElOso said:

Will there be models with les rangers(pas les magnum) ?  They are very iconic of the French soldier.

On 05/03/2018 at 10:21 AM, Damian90 said:

Dear Operation Frenchpoint team. Can I suggest something? When you gonna eventually work on heavy armor of the Armée de terre, can you make Leclerc MBT of the Serie 3/Serie XXI Tranche 10/11 or the Leclerc Scorpion which are the most modern variants?

Not planned for short term deadlines, maybe in the future >> Wait & See ! ;)

• Like 2

They may not be 100% accurate but its as close as I can get to ww2 french units.  Kind of a mixture of mods.  For personal use only I take no credit in creating the content and all credit goes to the original creators. 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

3B0359991DF53371433395CC50F07E725E7A928B

94F56805761CD46DCDA91C5EA0F667BBF8619C1D

If anyone wants to know what mods are being used I will gladly direct where to find them.   Again this is a personal Arsenal edit and will not be for the public.  Thanks to the unsung team for the mas 36, the ww1 mod team, the csa 38 team and the GEIST team.  All credit goes to these fine people for the models.

Edited by Livgardet
i forgot something
  • Like 3

What will happen to this addon, now that one of the 3d creators is no longer part of the OFrP team, and his models are feature here?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, road runner said:

What will happen to this addon, now that one of the 3d creators is no longer part of the OFrP team, and his models are feature here?

One of the 3D artists left but the mod is still active, the models are still on past communication sitreps because we will not remove what has been done just because someone left :)

• Like 2

Just now, OFrP said:

One of the 3D artists left but the mod is still active, the models are still on past communication sitreps because we will not remove what has been done just because someone left :)

That's a fair point, but do you have the permission to use them, from my understanding he's asked for them not to be used in the project, hence why I'm asking the question.

We don't know what this designer is saying to people since he left, but we don't wash our dirty linen in public. The studio has got precise guidelines on models permissions and finished products permissions that are signed the day someone is recruited. We are active for more than 15 years and this is the first time a former 3D artist from the project is trying to do public damage by telling stuff to people. Maybe it means that the problem is not coming from us. Feel free to ask more by PM. 

• Like 7

Hi Road Runner and all the community who is following us,

From my point of view, it is important to clarify the situation.

Yes one our member (a 3D artist) left our team few weeks ago, but even if its work was gaining in quality, we do not regret its loss.
This member when joining our team, was a beginner in 3D. We took on our free-time to teach him how to use Blender, and how to adapt the model to ArmA, and it was not easy as its personality is quite complicated.
We also teach him how to do textures, UVmap and painting with Substance, you can ask Piraten, OFrP team member working both on OFrP Mod and Indochine Mod who spent a lot of extra time with him.
But even if he improved his modelling skills, he put a very bad environment in the team, shooting in the back of the people when there were not here and being insolent with people giving him advice to improve its work.
In fact, in did not accept any critics and liked to bypass the roles defined in the team putting us in difficult paths with some partners (potential recruit, information providers...).
Furthermore, he made everything (including 3D) rapidly and wanted to go fast, which is not the point if you want quality. He did not understand that we were not 24hours on Discord or TS doing 3D. The fact is that more of our team members are working in different jobs with extra-time not often paid when he was joblessness from several years, using on its advantage the French social security.

As all the members of OFrP team were complaining regarding his behaviour, we again took on our time to perform some meetings, and to make him understand that he needs to improve his behaviour.
We let him a lot of time to evolve, but he did not, preferring using our knowledge to improve his face than our team spirit.
In fact at the end, we understand that he was a lazy man using our knowledge for his own interest.
At OFrP Team, we want a good team spirit, with people we can put confidence, not coward shooting in your back.

Therefore, few weeks ago we sent him an ultimatum, asking either to clearly improve his behaviour and his way to process or to leave the team.
Hopefully for us, he decided to leave, but we discovered at this time, who he truly was... We therefore decided to ignore him.

Regarding the right on the models, OFrP team is quite clear protecting with license the work of its members.
Therefore, before joining the team we make signed the following agreement in order to protect the integrity and continuity of the team.

1- By joining OFrP, the original author of the content gives an unlimited right to the members of the OFrP Group, to use, modify and publish its content, only within the framework of the OFrP Group project, which means on the ArmA series or relatives (excluding VBS).
2- The author preserves all of his rights on the original content provided (means content without any intervention of an OFrP team member). The author remains free to sell its content or make any use of it.
3- The content provided as part of the OFrP project can not be published outside the OFrP Project if it is on the same platforms except with the approval of the majority of the members of the OFrP team (non-competition clause).
4- No commercial act may be performed by members of the OFrP team on the content produced by an author without his prior written consent (it is therefore strongly recommended to provide a contact email address or a valid phone number).
5- For any publication of the content, the author must have his name published in the list of participants in the project.

This is a translation from a part of the French original text.

This agreement, including other regarding the use of softwares provided has been signed by the team member in question and has to be respected.

Following this explanation, i do not think there is more to say. We are completely transparent between our member which is our strength in our work.

After his resignation, the team get a better turn with new people joining our team, and improving our incoming portfolio...but as usual Wait and See :)

------

OFrP Project Leader

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1