Sign in to follow this  
greenpeacekiller

Paradrop Crate for Cutscene (Dedicated MP)

I am trying to create a cutscene where a crate is dropped from the air. I use this crate as an 'actor'  for the cutscene and delete it after it has served its purpose, after which I just simply have a second crate setup for the actual objective

So far everything has been setup right, exepct for the parachute. Which doesnt seem to work properly on a dedicated server

The way I have currently set it up is via a series of triggers.

First I enable the simulation, unhide it and set its position using the SetPos command

Then I proceed to add the parachute using this code:

para1 = "B_parachute_02_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
para1 setPosASL (getPosASL crate1); 
crate1 attachTo [para1, [0, 0, 0]];
para1 enablesimulation false;

Now this seems to work fine in singleplayer, but on a dedicated server it either creates 2 parachutes or it puts the crate in the corner of the map, its really wierd and unreliable

Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, pierremgi said:

If (isServer) then { your code  }; with enablesimulationglobal

Just wondering. Why the isServer check? Did you mean something like this:

if ((isMultiplayer)) then {_obj enableSimulationGlobal false;} else {_obj enableSimulation false;};

I don't think this is needed, nor the isServer check. Unless I misunderstood? You can just use the enableSimulationGlobal command and it should still work on both.

EDIT: My bad, just read on Wiki. It says MP command but I thought it still worked. However, it is better to use isMultiplayer imo.

5 hours ago, HazJ said:

Just wondering. Why the isServer check? Did you mean something like this:

if ((isMultiplayer)) then {_obj enableSimulationGlobal false;} else {_obj enableSimulation false;};

I don't think this is needed, nor the isServer check. Unless I misunderstood? You can just use the enableSimulationGlobal command and it should still work on both.

EDIT: My bad, just read on Wiki. It says MP command but I thought it still worked. However, it is better to use isMultiplayer imo.

You should read twice.

isMultiplayer is true for all PCs in MP (server + clients).

isServer is true for server (hosted or dedi or SP).

enableSimulationGlobal needs to run on server only. You can use it on SP/MP, on server.

• Thanks 1